View Single Post
Old 08-26-2009, 02:26 PM
Administrator

Thanked 18,813 Times in 10,926 Posts
basskiller has a reputation beyond reputebasskiller has a reputation beyond reputebasskiller has a reputation beyond reputebasskiller has a reputation beyond reputebasskiller has a reputation beyond reputebasskiller has a reputation beyond reputebasskiller has a reputation beyond reputebasskiller has a reputation beyond reputebasskiller has a reputation beyond reputebasskiller has a reputation beyond reputebasskiller has a reputation beyond repute
Introduction
What are Steroids?

I know that there are many of you out there using steroids when you don't even know what they are or what they do, much less how to use them. I see questions such as "I have deca-durabolin, how do I inject it?" "Where do I inject it?" "What if I see blood when I pull out the needle?".
You should know the answers to these and many more questions before you have the product. I'm not really criticizing you, but I do feel it is necessary to address this issue.

All steroids share the number 17 carbon atom, but the number of atoms attached to it are what make the differences in the types of steroids, as well as how the hydroxyl, hydrogen, and oxygen groups are attached. You will be familiar with corticosteroids and anabolic steroids. The difference between these two are that corticosteroids break down muscle tissue and anabolic steroids build muscle tissue. Anabolic steroids are a derivative of testosterone which is produced naturally in men and women. Men produce up to 10mgs/day and women about 10 times less than that.

In the early 1950's, scientists found that testosterone had two distinct qualities, anabolic and androgenic. They found that the anabolic quality built muscle tissue, but the androgenic quality gave the masculinization features, such as, the deep voice, coarse skin, facial and body hair, etc... it is this, however, that causes the feminizing effect in men (gynecomastia) and other undesired side effects and masculizing in women, so they began searching for a way to separate the two. They found that they could not completely separate them, but could reduce the androgenic effects, thus creating a more anabolic than androgenic steroid. This is how synthetic steroids were developed. They found that this did not create, necessarily, better results, just in most cases, fewer side effects. An anabolic/androgenic steroid gives much bigger gains when the androgenic properties are of a higher level because this means that the anabolic levels will also be much greater, thus giving bigger gains, with the unfortunate side effects being higher too. Dr. John Ziegler and a pharmaceutical company named CIBA produced the first oral steroid that would be used by weight lifters in the mid 1950's, Dianabol, and within five years, there were many steroids being used by thousands of weight lifters.

Oral steroids are found to be very hard on the liver as they are created not to breakdown or activate while passing through the liver to reach the gastrointestinal tract where they will be absorbed into the blood stream. The process which gives this ability is called alkylated in which the molecular structure is manipulated slightly. The added molecules that keep it from breaking down in the liver are what create the liver problems you often hear of. Injectables are a much safer route as they are absorbed directly into the blood stream. As well, they are more desirable as they have a half-life of 1 - 3 days as opposed to the oral's few hours, meaning you don't have to dose every day. Once in the blood stream, the molecules of the steroid travel to "receptor sites" in the body tissue that receive signals to carry out certain functions. Some of these functions for example would be: To store up nitrogen levels in the muscles, to promote protein synthesis, to heal muscles, as well as the undesired functions like hair loss, over secretion in the sebaceous glands, water retention, etc...

That's what they are and the basics of how they work.
Now, in our later issues, once a month, we will address other subjects, such as, side effects, legal aspects (know the law behind it and when it started), and some anabolic research.

W C B B Sponsors
Southern Sarms
Egg Whites International

.. Any advice given on this board is just an opinion and not to be taken as medical advice. WCBB doesn't advocate or condone use of steroids. Check the laws in your country. WCBB just provides the platform in which to discuss such matters