View Single Post
Old 06-04-2010, 01:03 PM
rocketw19 rocketw19 Is Off Line
Community Veteran

rocketw19 has a reputation beyond reputerocketw19 has a reputation beyond reputerocketw19 has a reputation beyond reputerocketw19 has a reputation beyond reputerocketw19 has a reputation beyond reputerocketw19 has a reputation beyond reputerocketw19 has a reputation beyond reputerocketw19 has a reputation beyond reputerocketw19 has a reputation beyond reputerocketw19 has a reputation beyond reputerocketw19 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viking View Post
I'm going to the closest, and only gym in my area, next tuesday to see if I can start training. My gym membership is up and im looking for a new path in the venture my body is taking. I am ready to take this seriously and to be dedicated as needed. I have weights and my strongman stuff at home so training with weight is still gunna be in my life just gunna be focusing more on learning how to fight.

Also I am looking at getting a bag, gloves, handwraps, and whatever else I need. Anyone have a good starter list for a beginner?
the list is long bro. are you gonna jump right into sparring?
If no sparring you just need wraps and bag gloves. I perfer Fairtex. If you are sparring you need head gear, mouth piece, wraps, sparring gloves (different than bag gloves) cup, and shin gaurds. you will also need MMA sparring/ training gloves

head gear- any if light sparring if going with good guys i like winning but $$$$
mouth piece- geat a real one no matter what your theeth are not gonna grow back. .... shock docs and all that check out unbreakable
hand wraps I like fairtex but any kind that strech a bit work
sparring gloves i perfer fairtex at first most wont mind you using bag gloves but if you hit hard you will want sparring gloves
Cup- any I like shock doc with comperssion shorts
shin gaurds- I perfer fairtex but many good ones out there.
MMA training gloves _ fairtex but again there are alot of good ones out there.