View Single Post
Old 02-24-2021, 12:05 PM
Genetic Freak Genetic Freak Is Off Line

Thanked 5,858 Times in 4,497 Posts
Genetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pig Vomit View Post
i *love* red meat. Nothing like a nice steak or tritip. Not sure why she preferred the supplements over increasing red meat. My cholesterol is always freakishly low.....if my diet solely consisted of eggs and red meat you'd barely see any spike at all. I am not a fan of saturated fat and she knows I'm active and eat pretty clean, but I suggested myself about upping my red meat intake (I'd happily eat an In-N-Out 3x3 Animal Style every other day!), and she didn't roll with it. I'll see how I do on the iron supplements, which can cause some stomach discomfort and constipation. Apparently your body stores iron for slow release, and it's a matter of me replenishing my very diminished supply and then perhaps I can stop the supplements and be more conscious of the iron I get in my diet.
Her dismissal of red meat is nothing more than the stigma associated with it. Like you, my blood cholesterol is perfect. My doctor stated I must not eat any red meat. I told her I eat red meat 10-14 times a week and she could not believe it. I explained to her I can eat all the red meat I want if I do not eat a bunch of junk with it. Hell I did keto for six months eating red meat 20-30 times a week and my cholesterol barely moved.

These are the same doctors that say you are obese if your BMI is high despite being 12% BF.

No one gives a f**k about you once it inconveniences them.