World Class Bodybuilding   Forum

BulkSupplements Egg Whites International A1Supplements.com i-Supplements Strength.com VitaSprings Myprotein Beyondsupplements
Go Back   World Class Bodybuilding Forum > Survivalist Prepper Area > Prepper Sponsors and sales

Shoutbox

Old 11-20-2018, 07:56 AM

Thanked 3,005 Times in 2,306 Posts
jipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond repute
Oh I was not saying sub sonic 9mm would do anything to a live animal save a rabbit or such if you can hit it. .22lr is better.

Only sub sonic I would use on a hog is the .300 BO which has good hitting power BUT like you said due to slow velocity shot placement is crucial. I was just saying that in some scenarios a sub sonic canned 9mm would be really quiet.

How to the full power loads of that .44 hit hogs? I have a .357 mag with a 7" barrel I can put a scope on that at close range and a high power load should take a hog down easy. Not like I will get to but you never know. Definitely need hearing protection, a full power .357 mag load in my shooter send a blast of fire 4 feet and sounds like hell on earth and you feel it in your nutsack every time you fire it.

I bet a .44 is worse!

It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble.
It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
Get your liquid egg whites here at EGG WHITES INTERNATIONAL

Old 11-20-2018, 09:17 AM
Community Veteran

Swellin has a reputation beyond reputeSwellin has a reputation beyond reputeSwellin has a reputation beyond reputeSwellin has a reputation beyond reputeSwellin has a reputation beyond reputeSwellin has a reputation beyond reputeSwellin has a reputation beyond reputeSwellin has a reputation beyond reputeSwellin has a reputation beyond reputeSwellin has a reputation beyond reputeSwellin has a reputation beyond repute
On the subs...I'm not attacking any statement bud...just giving my own experience.

Subsonic 44 isn't that great on them. I've used subsonic .308 with 200 gr lapuas and the hog just squeals and boogies. If you hit the shield with any of this...forget it. Gotta go back behind the shield, or in the brain bucket. The .300BO is a funny round. With subsonics, it's not too good, but it was designed to be used with subsonics. The thing is, the human body is super weak compared to wild animals. What doesn't work on a boar, might be piss perfect on a human, given the right circumstances.
I have one with a thermal and a can. I have the thermal sighted in with subs, and another sight in setting for the Hog Hammers. Thermal scopes are absolutely garbage for depth perception. I can't judge range at all in one. The new gimmick scopes have all of that, but they aren't nearly as powerful as the big thermals. I can't judge distance at all in one. The problem there is that if you are off just a bit on estimating your distance with the 300BO Sub, you might miss the animal. If sighted in at 50 yards, it is 21.5 inches low at 150. By comparison, the hog hammers sighted in at 50, are 3.17 inches low at 150.

Most folks are disappointed the first time they hear a suppressed weapon. It sounds nothing like the movies. You go, "but wait, that was loud." I have only ever fired one suppressed weapon that was almost movie quiet, and it is my .308 with a yankee hill can, and the aforementioned Lapua loads. That package is one of the most fun rigs I own.

I have to add that I do not own a suppressed 9mm. I have a 45 with a can, but not a 9. So I can't very well speak on it. I've shot them, but I haven't put one through its paces on the farm. Maybe some of the operator type folk in here can add more.
Old 11-21-2018, 07:48 AM

jipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond repute
I agree with everything you said. I was just commenting on the only "effective" or semi effective sub loads commercially available.

As for cans. I hear ya. A 5.56 suppressed was surprisingly loud. I wondered if I should still have on hearing protection. BUT a suppressed sub load is pretty damn quiet. My buddy has a .300 BO and you can hear it cycle. A .22 sub load with a tiny can on a rifle is CRAZY quiet but are lucky to hit 1000 fps.

I would rather use a high end .22 air gun for squirrels or rabbit. get 1300 fps. Gammo makes one that is integrally suppressed.

Old 11-21-2018, 11:44 AM
Community Veteran

Swellin has a reputation beyond reputeSwellin has a reputation beyond reputeSwellin has a reputation beyond reputeSwellin has a reputation beyond reputeSwellin has a reputation beyond reputeSwellin has a reputation beyond reputeSwellin has a reputation beyond reputeSwellin has a reputation beyond reputeSwellin has a reputation beyond reputeSwellin has a reputation beyond reputeSwellin has a reputation beyond repute
Those Gammos are bad ass. We have a couple, but none that are remotely quiet. We don't have the suppressed one, so ours sound like hyper-velocity 22 rf. The whole neighborhood knows when you touch it off. They are bad ass for sure. Less chance of the pellet traveling somewhere it shouldn't after initial impact. I've spent many cat lives on the business end of a gammo. Any person who is considering any kind of prep, should absolutely consider one of these. Great point Jipped!
Old 11-25-2018, 09:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swellin View Post
Those Gammos are bad ass. We have a couple, but none that are remotely quiet. We don't have the suppressed one, so ours sound like hyper-velocity 22 rf. The whole neighborhood knows when you touch it off. They are bad ass for sure. Less chance of the pellet traveling somewhere it shouldn't after initial impact. I've spent many cat lives on the business end of a gammo. Any person who is considering any kind of prep, should absolutely consider one of these. Great point Jipped!
They make big bore air guns now. I imagine they are relatively limited but still cool.

https://www.airgundepot.com/big-bore-airguns.html

Old 11-26-2018, 01:34 PM
Community Veteran

I just watched a video last night, where they were deer hunting with an air rifle. 45 caliber...350gr slug moving 800fps. Insane!