World Class Bodybuilding   Forum

BulkSupplements Egg Whites International A1Supplements.com i-Supplements Strength.com VitaSprings Myprotein Beyondsupplements
Go Back   World Class Bodybuilding Forum > Survivalist Prepper Area > General prepper discussion

Shoutbox

Old 12-07-2017, 07:00 PM

Thanked 3,581 Times in 2,765 Posts
jipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by L202 View Post
I think it depends how bad shtf... If we are talking military in the streets then I think you gotta suit up, but if things are fresh maybe staying civilian looking is the way to go. Either way I'm ready
Amen

Vandoo "Yes, I lift faster."
Get your liquid egg whites here at EGG WHITES INTERNATIONAL

Old 05-09-2018, 12:30 PM
Community Veteran

Pen Sillman has a reputation beyond reputePen Sillman has a reputation beyond reputePen Sillman has a reputation beyond reputePen Sillman has a reputation beyond reputePen Sillman has a reputation beyond reputePen Sillman has a reputation beyond reputePen Sillman has a reputation beyond reputePen Sillman has a reputation beyond reputePen Sillman has a reputation beyond reputePen Sillman has a reputation beyond reputePen Sillman has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by jipped genes View Post
Amen
In my opinion, hands down, the most effective security is concealment. Theycant .... with you if they dont know youre there. Bug out to a remote location, or somewhere they cant see me, or if youre going to shelter in place, a safe room or bunker. I dont have the money for the latter so like it or not, most of my prep falls into the remote location category.
Old 05-09-2018, 01:53 PM
Community Veteran

Thanked 1,716 Times in 1,431 Posts
trip has a reputation beyond reputetrip has a reputation beyond reputetrip has a reputation beyond reputetrip has a reputation beyond reputetrip has a reputation beyond reputetrip has a reputation beyond reputetrip has a reputation beyond reputetrip has a reputation beyond reputetrip has a reputation beyond reputetrip has a reputation beyond reputetrip has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
So, preppers know what I am talking about. If SHTF and you go out wearing a full tacticool urban camo kit with molle vest full of mags/gear and such, a giant 70L back pack, a fully tricked up AR on a sling in front, a .338 Lapua rifle on your back and a $1900 custom 1911 on a drop leg you will become a target.

The theory goes...........if you blend in with minimal gear all looking like you left work and are just trying to get home, bad people will leave you alone as you are not an inviting target. Hence invisible man as you are just another ill-prepared weary person going from A to B, folk would not look 2X at you.

Discuss
the big question is how many folks are coming to your house, lol

my plan, fill up bath tub and any receptacle with water.....lock doors and pray, lol
Old 05-09-2018, 06:54 PM
Community Veteran

Pen Sillman has a reputation beyond reputePen Sillman has a reputation beyond reputePen Sillman has a reputation beyond reputePen Sillman has a reputation beyond reputePen Sillman has a reputation beyond reputePen Sillman has a reputation beyond reputePen Sillman has a reputation beyond reputePen Sillman has a reputation beyond reputePen Sillman has a reputation beyond reputePen Sillman has a reputation beyond reputePen Sillman has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by trip View Post
the big question is how many folks are coming to your house, lol

my plan, fill up bath tub and any receptacle with water.....lock doors and pray, lol
Hey trip, on the filling up the bathtub with water thing, have you seen those bathtub sized plastic bag things that you lay down in the tub, hook up to the nozzle, and fill up? Keeps water clean and sterile and even has a pump attached when youre done filling. I need to remember to put one on my shopping list. Very cool.

Pen
Old 05-11-2018, 04:49 AM
Community Veteran

Thanked 1,716 Times in 1,431 Posts
trip has a reputation beyond reputetrip has a reputation beyond reputetrip has a reputation beyond reputetrip has a reputation beyond reputetrip has a reputation beyond reputetrip has a reputation beyond reputetrip has a reputation beyond reputetrip has a reputation beyond reputetrip has a reputation beyond reputetrip has a reputation beyond reputetrip has a reputation beyond repute
no...not a prepper, just a thinker, lol.....live near and know the jipped, we are in big d, if the shiot hits the fan it's madness, simply madness,
Old 05-11-2018, 08:55 AM

Thanked 3,581 Times in 2,765 Posts
jipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pen Sillman View Post
Hey trip, on the filling up the bathtub with water thing, have you seen those bathtub sized plastic bag things that you lay down in the tub, hook up to the nozzle, and fill up? Keeps water clean and sterile and even has a pump attached when youre done filling. I need to remember to put one on my shopping list. Very cool.

Pen
they are called water bobs. they are great to have in a bathroom cabinet just in case. you have several hours in a SHTF scenario to get as much water as possible. (depending on time of day and size of water tower near you.)

I also got a bunch of these so if I had to go mobile, cannot do that with the bathtub. Also I keep 20 of these crystal geyser water bottles full just in case. They are pretty robust and has a good screw cap. $1 full at the store.

https://www.ebay.com/p/5l-BPA-Collap....c100005.m1851

Vandoo "Yes, I lift faster."
Old 05-11-2018, 09:56 AM
Community Veteran

Thanked 1,177 Times in 919 Posts
edvedr has a reputation beyond reputeedvedr has a reputation beyond reputeedvedr has a reputation beyond reputeedvedr has a reputation beyond reputeedvedr has a reputation beyond reputeedvedr has a reputation beyond reputeedvedr has a reputation beyond reputeedvedr has a reputation beyond reputeedvedr has a reputation beyond reputeedvedr has a reputation beyond reputeedvedr has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pen Sillman View Post

Pen
I have a 100 gallon one for the tub as well as a bunch of filters and drops to help clarify the lake water. I have my well pump hooked up to my generator as well. I like to think I have the water issue covered for a SHTF situation.
Old 05-11-2018, 10:33 AM
Community Veteran

Quote:
they are called water bobs. they are great to have in a bathroom cabinet just in case. you have several hours in a SHTF scenario to get as much water as possible. (depending on time of day and size of water tower near you.)

I also got a bunch of these so if I had to go mobile, cannot do that with the bathtub. Also I keep 20 of these crystal geyser water bottles full just in case. They are pretty robust and has a good screw cap. $1 full at the store.

https://www.ebay.com/p/5l-BPA-Collap....c100005.m1851
No, this thing is a huge bag, same size as the bathtub. But having the smaller ones is good for portability too.