World Class Bodybuilding   Forum

BulkSupplements Egg Whites International A1Supplements.com i-Supplements Strength.com VitaSprings Myprotein Beyondsupplements
Go Back   World Class Bodybuilding Forum > Survivalist Prepper Area > General prepper discussion

Shoutbox

Old 01-26-2019, 09:29 AM

Thanked 3,582 Times in 2,766 Posts
jipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Genetic Freak View Post
I have 15 gallons that I cycle every month. I also have rain barrels for irrigating the garden, so not to waste drinking water. The closest surface water is a few miles away.
We have a creek about 1/4 mile away but nothing lives in it. Not even water bugs. I think it comes from storm drains and is probably full of pesticides and motor oil. I run the trail by it and have never even seen a water bird or any other animal near it. I think it is worthless.

A house near me has a well but it is shallow. I bet that water could be purified.

I need to get a couple barrels.

Pen, I would put water ahead of shelter. One can always find some form of shelter in an urban or suburban area even most rural parts. Water you got 3 days if it is cool and you do not exert to much. I have seen roofers fall out and have to be taken to the hospital in one afternoon when it is 100 degrees plus.

I have never been badly dehydrated.

the bleach thing is good. When ready to consume, just open the bottle and the bleach will dissipate in hours. May still taste bad though. Bleach contains chlorine if I am not mistaken. It is a good microbe killer. Also iodine can be used.

All I can say is better to have it and not need it than need it and not have it.

Vandoo "Yes, I lift faster."
Get your liquid egg whites here at EGG WHITES INTERNATIONAL

Old 01-26-2019, 10:52 AM
Community Veteran

Pen Sillman has a reputation beyond reputePen Sillman has a reputation beyond reputePen Sillman has a reputation beyond reputePen Sillman has a reputation beyond reputePen Sillman has a reputation beyond reputePen Sillman has a reputation beyond reputePen Sillman has a reputation beyond reputePen Sillman has a reputation beyond reputePen Sillman has a reputation beyond reputePen Sillman has a reputation beyond reputePen Sillman has a reputation beyond repute
You're right JG, but it's situation dependent. You hear of a lot of people succumbing to the elements (mostly the cold) and you hear of people dying from dehydration too (usually the heat) But you're right, a well trained person can usually fashion or find their own shelter or make a fire or something in the cold. A cheap space blanket can serve you well, even be used to catch water. But filters are worth their weight in gold. Depends on the scenario. Out in the boonies? Or sheltering in place in the city?

Last edited by Pen Sillman; 01-26-2019 at 10:56 AM.