World Class Bodybuilding   Forum

BulkSupplements Egg Whites International A1Supplements.com i-Supplements Strength.com VitaSprings Myprotein Beyondsupplements
Go Back   World Class Bodybuilding Forum > Bodybuilding Fitness Training > Medical and Physical Therapy questions

Shoutbox

Medical and Physical Therapy questions A place to talk about current and or past injuries and possibly how to deal with those injuries. Any advice should not be considered as medical advice, but rather from one person to another as you might ask a friend.

Old 03-09-2019, 06:23 AM
Community Veteran

gorilla34 has a reputation beyond reputegorilla34 has a reputation beyond reputegorilla34 has a reputation beyond reputegorilla34 has a reputation beyond reputegorilla34 has a reputation beyond reputegorilla34 has a reputation beyond reputegorilla34 has a reputation beyond reputegorilla34 has a reputation beyond reputegorilla34 has a reputation beyond reputegorilla34 has a reputation beyond reputegorilla34 has a reputation beyond repute
I'm alive!! CGM Question

hey hey hey men what's been going on? So for those of you who recall me...I'm still alive! Been a really hectic couple of years but still kicking.

Was wondering if anyone has much dealing/understanding of constant glucose monitoring systems, namely how to get one if you're not diabetic. Here's the reason, my father is type 2 and just last week I was 108 fasted, first time ever over 100, this morning I was 100 (on expired test strips, getting fresh). This is not a 5 alarm fire but I recall a Rogan-Ben Greenfield podcast about Ben wearing a CGM just to see how he reacted to different foods, stress, fasting, exercise, etc. To me, this seems like a really interesting idea.

Anyway of getting around a script for one of these? I just reached out to my doc about it but who knows if it will be allowed by them, you know, they have to approve me to be able to monitor my own body!

going to France at the end of the month, anyone know if they are OTC in Europe? Canada? China?
Get your liquid egg whites here at EGG WHITES INTERNATIONAL

Old 03-10-2019, 11:36 AM

Thanked 1,228 Times in 924 Posts
liftsiron has a reputation beyond reputeliftsiron has a reputation beyond reputeliftsiron has a reputation beyond reputeliftsiron has a reputation beyond reputeliftsiron has a reputation beyond reputeliftsiron has a reputation beyond reputeliftsiron has a reputation beyond reputeliftsiron has a reputation beyond reputeliftsiron has a reputation beyond reputeliftsiron has a reputation beyond reputeliftsiron has a reputation beyond repute
I don't have a clue but will bump this thread.
Old 03-11-2019, 08:06 PM
Community Veteran

gorilla34 has a reputation beyond reputegorilla34 has a reputation beyond reputegorilla34 has a reputation beyond reputegorilla34 has a reputation beyond reputegorilla34 has a reputation beyond reputegorilla34 has a reputation beyond reputegorilla34 has a reputation beyond reputegorilla34 has a reputation beyond reputegorilla34 has a reputation beyond reputegorilla34 has a reputation beyond reputegorilla34 has a reputation beyond repute
Headed in to doc tomorrow...gonna see what they will let me to!
Old 03-13-2019, 01:19 AM
Community Veteran

Pen Sillman has a reputation beyond reputePen Sillman has a reputation beyond reputePen Sillman has a reputation beyond reputePen Sillman has a reputation beyond reputePen Sillman has a reputation beyond reputePen Sillman has a reputation beyond reputePen Sillman has a reputation beyond reputePen Sillman has a reputation beyond reputePen Sillman has a reputation beyond reputePen Sillman has a reputation beyond reputePen Sillman has a reputation beyond repute
Just a note. I've gone into docs a few times and they've said "I can't prescribe that for you. After further questioning they say," Well, actually I can prescribe it, but what I mean is insurance won't pay for it." Irritating. Why don't they differentiate between the two?

I don't have a clue on the monitor but maybe medical supply stores might sell them directly?
Old 03-13-2019, 06:09 AM

Thanked 3,199 Times in 2,455 Posts
jipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond repute
I know you can get glucose monitors in amazon. Can you get the constant kind there too? I really do not know the diff, sorry.

Vandoo "Yes, I lift faster."
Old 03-15-2019, 08:29 AM
Community Veteran

no worries gents my doc was cool and wrote me a script for FreeLibre. Now just a question of the cost. I don't really want insurance to cover it because I somewhat feel this is voluntary so the 'system' shouldn't pay for it but if it's $2k or something my morals may get flexible.

Jipped, It seems you can buy a portion of the CGM online, but only 1 of the 2 parts you need. There is a sensor and a monitor I guess, for lack of a better way of putting it.

They also checked my A1C and it was 5.0 so I'm fine, wanted them to check fasted insulin too but she didn't, guess I may look at privatemdlabs for that.