World Class Bodybuilding   Forum

BulkSupplements Egg Whites International A1Supplements.com i-Supplements Strength.com VitaSprings Myprotein Beyondsupplements
Go Back   World Class Bodybuilding Forum > Anabolic Steroid Discussion > Other Supplement Profiles

Shoutbox

Old 06-22-2018, 12:28 AM
Community Veteran

Pen Sillman has a reputation beyond reputePen Sillman has a reputation beyond reputePen Sillman has a reputation beyond reputePen Sillman has a reputation beyond reputePen Sillman has a reputation beyond reputePen Sillman has a reputation beyond reputePen Sillman has a reputation beyond reputePen Sillman has a reputation beyond reputePen Sillman has a reputation beyond reputePen Sillman has a reputation beyond reputePen Sillman has a reputation beyond repute
Three reasons to take Remeron (Mirtazapine)

Don't see this on the profiles and it probably should be. Remeron has been around at least 20 years which was when I first took it. I'm not a scientist or chemist so maybe someone could do a better writeup on it.

Remeron does 3 things pretty well. It is normally prescribed for depression and for sleep issues. The reason it isn't prescribed as much as other anti-depressants is because... wait for it...it causes people to gain weight. Not because its anabolic, but because it sends your appetite through the roof! And... it knocks you the phuk out! So, this can be useful to some people because... after lifting weights, the next two most important things are, rest... and food right? If you dont recuperate and get enough calories, you're spinning your wheels. So here's my experience, and mind you...this was over 20 years ago, before I ever started using anabolics.

So, I've lifted weights on and off (mostly on) since high school. I was 120 lbs soaking wet in high school at 5'8". After years of working out and eating my ass off (I thought) I just couldn't break the 185lb barrier. I went to the doc for depression and he said, "how do you sleep?" I said "like shit." And he threw remeron at me and warned me, "you might gain some weight." Sounded good to me. He also warned me, "take a few days off work cause this shit is going to knock you out."

Day 1: Took I think 30mg. And holy shit, I went down into a coma. I mean I had NEVER slept that deep. And get this....I had 3 wet dreams. Im not shitting you. 3 wet dreams. (wasnt getting much sex at the time... Lol) . Second or 3rd night, another wet dream. Made me never want to wake up. Not saying it increases libido, Im saying I had so much pent up emotion thats what happened. I think I woke up crying too... Lol.

So onto day 30ish. My appetite went through the ....ing roof. I was eating anything I could get my hands on and by day 30ish,I was up to about 215ish as I recall. Dont quote me exactly on that but to the best of my recollection I gained 30lbs in a month.

So how did my body react to the weight gain? Not too bad. This was where I learned that all those years of working out, the reason I couldnt break 185 was because I simply wasnt getting enough calories. I thought Id been stuffing myself till I couldnt eat anymore but it still wasnt enough. So, when I gained that weight, it wasnt ALL muscle but a good portion was because I finally started feeding a starving machine.

So thats my experience. This probably isnt much use to people who are already there, but if you're newer to the game and you've hit a wall, then this stuff might push you through to the next level. All the anabolics in the world will do you no good if youre not getting the calories AND the sleep/recovery. Your body does accustomize to the remeron after a while. I think I took it for about a year. That is all. Sweet dreams!

Pen
Get your liquid egg whites here at EGG WHITES INTERNATIONAL

Old 06-22-2018, 08:12 AM
EXTINCT

Thanked 1,363 Times in 993 Posts
DaSarge has a reputation beyond reputeDaSarge has a reputation beyond reputeDaSarge has a reputation beyond reputeDaSarge has a reputation beyond reputeDaSarge has a reputation beyond reputeDaSarge has a reputation beyond reputeDaSarge has a reputation beyond reputeDaSarge has a reputation beyond reputeDaSarge has a reputation beyond reputeDaSarge has a reputation beyond reputeDaSarge has a reputation beyond repute
Interesting.
I don't need to gain any weight, but could certainly use a few good wet dreams......
Old 06-22-2018, 09:04 AM
Pimpin ain't easy

Thanked 2,023 Times in 1,500 Posts
-TE- has a reputation beyond repute-TE- has a reputation beyond repute-TE- has a reputation beyond repute-TE- has a reputation beyond repute-TE- has a reputation beyond repute-TE- has a reputation beyond repute-TE- has a reputation beyond repute-TE- has a reputation beyond repute-TE- has a reputation beyond repute-TE- has a reputation beyond repute-TE- has a reputation beyond repute
I took that years ago. It knocked me out to the point that I couldn't get up the next day and would be dozing at my desk until around 2pm. Around 5pm, I got so ravenously hungry that I ate everything in sight.
Old 06-22-2018, 10:38 AM
Community Veteran

Pen Sillman has a reputation beyond reputePen Sillman has a reputation beyond reputePen Sillman has a reputation beyond reputePen Sillman has a reputation beyond reputePen Sillman has a reputation beyond reputePen Sillman has a reputation beyond reputePen Sillman has a reputation beyond reputePen Sillman has a reputation beyond reputePen Sillman has a reputation beyond reputePen Sillman has a reputation beyond reputePen Sillman has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaSarge View Post
Interesting.
I don't need to gain any weight, but could certainly use a few good wet dreams......
Wet dreams are the best! Yeah, no way I'd take it today. I would only recommend it for someone who is at a lighter weight, and been stuck there for a long time.
Old 06-22-2018, 10:44 AM
Community Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by -TE- View Post
I took that years ago. It knocked me out to the point that I couldn't get up the next day and would be dozing at my desk until around 2pm. Around 5pm, I got so ravenously hungry that I ate everything in sight.
Yeah, and it doesn't discriminate on the type of calories.. i.e.,its not like you crave tuna, chicken, and eggs. I was eating EVERYTHING I could get my hands on. It really can be some powerful shit. That deep sleep is awesome for recovery. Remember when GHB was all the rage?
Old 06-25-2018, 09:47 AM
Pimpin ain't easy

Thanked 2,023 Times in 1,500 Posts
-TE- has a reputation beyond repute-TE- has a reputation beyond repute-TE- has a reputation beyond repute-TE- has a reputation beyond repute-TE- has a reputation beyond repute-TE- has a reputation beyond repute-TE- has a reputation beyond repute-TE- has a reputation beyond repute-TE- has a reputation beyond repute-TE- has a reputation beyond repute-TE- has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pen Sillman View Post
Remember when GHB was all the rage?
Never tried it, but I remember having a mailing from somewhere about it. I think I was in high school.
Old 06-25-2018, 02:19 PM
Community Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by -TE- View Post
Never tried it, but I remember having a mailing from somewhere about it. I think I was in high school.

Yeah TE, we talked about it on Greg's board many years ago. I think I sent a bunch of my leftovers to someone, can't remember who.
Old 06-25-2018, 04:51 PM
TommyD TommyD Is Off Line
Community Veteran

Thanked 1,294 Times in 1,045 Posts
TommyD has a reputation beyond reputeTommyD has a reputation beyond reputeTommyD has a reputation beyond reputeTommyD has a reputation beyond reputeTommyD has a reputation beyond reputeTommyD has a reputation beyond reputeTommyD has a reputation beyond reputeTommyD has a reputation beyond reputeTommyD has a reputation beyond reputeTommyD has a reputation beyond reputeTommyD has a reputation beyond repute
Sounds like Seroquel, a doc had me on it for sleep. Yeah, I slept like a dead man, couldn't drag my sorry ass outta bed and gained a ton of weight.
Old 06-25-2018, 08:35 PM
Community Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyD View Post
Sounds like Seroquel, a doc had me on it for sleep. Yeah, I slept like a dead man, couldn't drag my sorry ass outta bed and gained a ton of weight.
Seroquel! That's what Ive been on for years now! Yeah, it makes you sleep too. It has never spiked my appetite tho. Seroquel is what they give schizo's lol. I suppose I'm just as insane as the next guy.
Old 10-13-2018, 06:24 AM
edus edus Is Off Line
Worldclassbodybuilder

edus is on a distinguished road
In my experience, any antidepressant, if efficient, will lead to disappearance of all depressive signs: psychic, relationnal and somatic as well.