World Class Bodybuilding   Forum

BulkSupplements Egg Whites International A1Supplements.com i-Supplements Strength.com VitaSprings Myprotein Beyondsupplements
Go Back   World Class Bodybuilding Forum > Bodybuilding Fitness Training > Boxing

Boxing Boxing forum with discussions on the latest boxing news, upcoming fights, results and boxing history

Old 11-22-2019, 09:17 AM

Thanked 3,731 Times in 2,887 Posts
jipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond repute
Wilder vs Ortiz

A coupld of KO heavy weights.....Looks good.

https://www.mmanews.com/deontay-wild...-go-12-rounds/

Vandoo "Yes, I lift faster."
Get your liquid egg whites here at EGG WHITES INTERNATIONAL

Old 11-22-2019, 04:26 PM
Genetic Freak Genetic Freak Is Off Line

Thanked 4,045 Times in 3,201 Posts
Genetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond repute
This fight could end at any time, so hit the bathroom before the fight starts.
Old 11-23-2019, 08:56 AM

jipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond repute
I really want to see this fight. I just cannot shell out the cash for the PPV.

Also I think Ortiz has fewer weapons in his arsenal than Wilder. I think Wilder will put it away in the 6th round. It is easier for the taller, longer man to impose his game than it is for the shorter fighter to have to close distance to land a strike.

Wilder will throw his big shots early but will sit behind the jab a lot more in this one.

Of course what do I know? HAHAHA

Old 11-23-2019, 09:27 PM

Genetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond repute
Wilder needs ensure he returns to his defense after he unleashes all his bombs. Ortiz nearly knocked him out last time.
Old 11-24-2019, 08:43 AM

I called the 6th, I was wrong but not by much. That straight right hand was one of the cleanest punches I have ever seen put someone out. Just a perfect right cross. Wilder used his jab to measure, extended it to touch Ortiz. When he was at the perfect distance he let the right go. I know, i am not even a good amateur but my coach tells me to always move when someone is pawing the jab because they are setting up the cross. Wilder has skinny legs, his power comes from his hips and shoulders.

I am in awe of how he generates so much from so little. His power punches chain together pushing off the back foot, leaning slightly forward so the weight is falling towards the front, body rotates and just before impact his right hip moves slightly but explosively forward.

All boxers are taught this, only really good guys can get it all together. Timing and distance are also two things that make him a scary man.

Also Wilder is so skilled his right hand was not near his chin but down around clavicle level. Ortiz had his left hand up where it was supposed to be. Wilder threw the more hooking right hand over and over and Ortiz thought this one was too. He never moved it to cover the front of his jaw and face. INCREDIBLE!

It landed with thunderous power.

One last observation, Wilder is a nice guy. Even with all the flash and being one of the baddest men on the planet and yeah he knows it but he does not come across as an asshole or narcissistic. He says he is blessed with power. Just seems genuine to me thanking God for the victory. Also seemed very appreciative to the fans.

Lastly and on another note. Ortiz is an old man. he is 40.

Old 11-24-2019, 08:53 AM

Yep, you almost called that one on the nose. Wilder's power is the equalizer. He was getting a boxing lesson, but it was only a matter of time. The best part about it was the he ended it with great boxing skill, not one of his giant swooping punches. If he did that more often I could start believing he was one of the best.
Old 11-25-2019, 07:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genetic Freak View Post
Yep, you almost called that one on the nose. Wilder's power is the equalizer. He was getting a boxing lesson, but it was only a matter of time. The best part about it was the he ended it with great boxing skill, not one of his giant swooping punches. If he did that more often I could start believing he was one of the best.
Agree, instead of relying on the power all the time, use the right cross more rather than hooks. His jab is a great boxing jab for sure. but his hooks and right cross are like you said normally all power.