World Class Bodybuilding   Forum

BulkSupplements Egg Whites International A1Supplements.com i-Supplements Strength.com VitaSprings Myprotein Beyondsupplements
Go Back   World Class Bodybuilding Forum > Survivalist Prepper Area > All About Fishing

Shoutbox

All About Fishing For all your fishing needs, knowledge, and stories.

Old 09-23-2018, 10:18 AM

Thanked 3,631 Times in 2,809 Posts
jipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond repute
sumatai, they are terrible. I was dealing with minimal waves but the water was dark, it was overcast and I saw a surf bulletin that stated watch out for bull sharks a guy got bitten the week before and got that gulf flesh eating crap from a non-life threatening bite.

Would have loved hooking into a 4' bull but not in the cards

Trip neither of us were in the mood. our rented house was full of skeeters from just opening the door. We slept under the sheets the one night we stayed. It was only going to get worse.

Vandoo "Yes, I lift faster."
Get your liquid egg whites here at EGG WHITES INTERNATIONAL

Old 09-23-2018, 04:18 PM
WCBB Veteran

Estrogen Guy has a reputation beyond reputeEstrogen Guy has a reputation beyond reputeEstrogen Guy has a reputation beyond reputeEstrogen Guy has a reputation beyond reputeEstrogen Guy has a reputation beyond reputeEstrogen Guy has a reputation beyond reputeEstrogen Guy has a reputation beyond reputeEstrogen Guy has a reputation beyond reputeEstrogen Guy has a reputation beyond reputeEstrogen Guy has a reputation beyond reputeEstrogen Guy has a reputation beyond repute
Been slamming bass off of live eels for few weeks now. Lots of throw backs. 22-23 inches or less must be release. I'll grab some pictures my next outing once these storms pass. Water is so brown and dirty from these pass storms. Good luck to you guys.
Old 09-24-2018, 10:06 AM

jipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Estrogen Guy View Post
Been slamming bass off of live eels for few weeks now. Lots of throw backs. 22-23 inches or less must be release. I'll grab some pictures my next outing once these storms pass. Water is so brown and dirty from these pass storms. Good luck to you guys.
Oh hell yeah! I assume you are talking striped bass and somewhere north eastern coast? We don't have the giant striped bass in our lake we have hybrids. A cross between striped bass and sand bass. They get maybe 14-15 # tops but normal is still the size of your throwback and great fun. I fish fresh water 99.9% of the time as we are landlocked. 5 hours to the coast.

Fresh water I fish for largemouth bass mostly.

Want to see pics!!!!

Old 09-27-2018, 06:06 PM
WCBB Veteran

Estrogen Guy has a reputation beyond reputeEstrogen Guy has a reputation beyond reputeEstrogen Guy has a reputation beyond reputeEstrogen Guy has a reputation beyond reputeEstrogen Guy has a reputation beyond reputeEstrogen Guy has a reputation beyond reputeEstrogen Guy has a reputation beyond reputeEstrogen Guy has a reputation beyond reputeEstrogen Guy has a reputation beyond reputeEstrogen Guy has a reputation beyond reputeEstrogen Guy has a reputation beyond repute
Yes I have a few locations depending on work. But I've been fishing the Atlantic Ocean last three weeks. Keeper are 24 inches for striped bass. My loveis fresh water Larger mouth bass and small mouth. I want to hook in to a muskellunge. My dream to fight one of those bad boys. took half the day off from work today. Caught 15 stripers but they were either shy of 24 inches. So we caught some perch, black fish and blue fish for a fish fry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jipped genes View Post
Oh hell yeah! I assume you are talking striped bass and somewhere north eastern coast? We don't have the giant striped bass in our lake we have hybrids. A cross between striped bass and sand bass. They get maybe 14-15 # tops but normal is still the size of your throwback and great fun. I fish fresh water 99.9% of the time as we are landlocked. 5 hours to the coast.

Fresh water I fish for largemouth bass mostly.

Want to see pics!!!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg CATCH TODAY.jpg (75.5 KB, 4 views)
Old 09-28-2018, 09:19 AM

Damn sweet brother! I too would love to go musky fishing. (and northern pike too)

I have never caught a smallmouth. Not once. we do not have them here. I can drive 2 hours and catch em in Oklahoma. I say that but there is a deep rocky lake near me that has them but it is also full of spotted bass and every time I have gone after smallies I catch spots. They are hyper aggressive and would bike a turd on a hook if it got reeled by. Unfortunately it is unusual to catch one over 12 inches and average is 8-10 inches. I did catch a 2.5 pounder last year which may have been a lake record but i did not check.

Might go out tonight and fish for sand bass. They are schooling by the dam. I can paddle that far in 10 minutes with a good fast pace. My boy goes out and will put a big piece of cut bait down right off the bottom while fishing for sandies. Big cats swim under the schools picking off dying shad the sandies do not get. He got a 30 pounder last year. Average is about 8-10 pounds for him which is GOOD eating.

I could cast for shad but I hate complicating my trips with more baits and rods and such.

Old 09-28-2018, 05:06 PM
WCBB Veteran

What's sand bass?
Old 09-28-2018, 05:10 PM
WCBB Veteran

I just saw a video on sand bass! Nice looking fish.
Old 09-30-2018, 08:27 AM

Yeah they are similar to stripers just much smaller. they come up in schools the size of city blocks and are super fun on light tackle. I like a 7' light action spinning rig with 10# braid. It is SUPER thin, equivalent to 4# mono. but enough strength in open water to fight a 10-12# hybrid if you are so lucky.

I can cast a small size kastmaster spoon a country mile with that setup. Good eating too.