World Class Bodybuilding   Forum

BulkSupplements Egg Whites International A1Supplements.com i-Supplements Strength.com VitaSprings Myprotein Beyondsupplements
Go Back   World Class Bodybuilding Forum > Bodybuilding Fitness Training > Medical and Physical Therapy questions

Shoutbox

Medical and Physical Therapy questions A place to talk about current and or past injuries and possibly how to deal with those injuries. Any advice should not be considered as medical advice, but rather from one person to another as you might ask a friend.

Old 09-06-2019, 03:10 AM
Community Veteran

Pen Sillman has a reputation beyond reputePen Sillman has a reputation beyond reputePen Sillman has a reputation beyond reputePen Sillman has a reputation beyond reputePen Sillman has a reputation beyond reputePen Sillman has a reputation beyond reputePen Sillman has a reputation beyond reputePen Sillman has a reputation beyond reputePen Sillman has a reputation beyond reputePen Sillman has a reputation beyond reputePen Sillman has a reputation beyond repute
Speaking of back pain, what do you think about Chiropracters?

A long time ago, I would get this major pain in my middle back. Decided to try a chiropractor and boom. He popped my middle back, pain gone! Since then, rather than go there and pay, I've asked ex or the kids to stand on my back, right on top of my spine... Instant relief.

I've never had good posture. I walk hunched over with my head down, looking like a guy who had his ass kicked by life. Why? Because I actually am a guy who had his ass kicked by life. Thinking of going back to a chiropractor after all these years. Opinions? Experiences?
Get your liquid egg whites here at EGG WHITES INTERNATIONAL

Old 09-07-2019, 05:20 PM
Community Veteran

BUBBA289 has a reputation beyond reputeBUBBA289 has a reputation beyond reputeBUBBA289 has a reputation beyond reputeBUBBA289 has a reputation beyond reputeBUBBA289 has a reputation beyond reputeBUBBA289 has a reputation beyond reputeBUBBA289 has a reputation beyond reputeBUBBA289 has a reputation beyond reputeBUBBA289 has a reputation beyond reputeBUBBA289 has a reputation beyond reputeBUBBA289 has a reputation beyond repute
A combination of Chiropractic and Physical Therapy fixed the extreme lower back pain I'd been dealing with for like 8+ years. The Chiro fixed the structural issues and the PT helped me to help myself fix the muscular issues that were a result of leaving the structural issues unaddressed for so long. If you just have kyphosis and forward head posture there are a ton of helpful videos on youtube to help you strengthen your mid-back and external rotators and stretch out your pecs, front delts, traps, neck, etc in order to correct your posture.

Examples

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YLR2Vm346Lc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oLwTC-lAJws
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g-7ZWPCWv0U&t=2s
The Following User Says Thank You to BUBBA289 For This Useful Post:
jipped genes (09-08-2019)
Old 09-08-2019, 08:29 AM

Thanked 3,577 Times in 2,761 Posts
jipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond repute
Great vids bubba, rep to ya.

Chiro for me does not work. I have tried chiro several times. At first I went to regular Chiros and realized they used cookie cutter treatments, all pretty much the same. So I searched out a higher end sports chiro. This guy works with the Dallas Cowboys and is super highly rated.

After 2 months of treatment 2X a week i was worse off. I quit but kept up the physical therapy and after 4 more months I started to get better. Then I stopped PT again and eventually got worse.

Since then I go to Airosti rather than chiro and I do my PT EVERY day regardless.

I think the PT and stretching is the biggest thing one can do to mitigate pain.

That said I feel many people benefit from chiro. I did not.

Airosti only takes 2-3 visits to "fix" something rather than months of back cracking. (IT HURTS! But is well worth it.)https://www.airrosti.com/

Vandoo "Yes, I lift faster."
Old 09-08-2019, 09:35 AM
Community Veteran

blm has a reputation beyond reputeblm has a reputation beyond reputeblm has a reputation beyond reputeblm has a reputation beyond reputeblm has a reputation beyond reputeblm has a reputation beyond reputeblm has a reputation beyond reputeblm has a reputation beyond reputeblm has a reputation beyond reputeblm has a reputation beyond reputeblm has a reputation beyond repute
I used to be a firm believer in chiropractic. So much I started on the path to become one. Got accepted to Palmer, got 24 credits shy of my bachelor's in biomedical science and realized I could not be part of the chiro alumni. There are honest ones occasionally but I could not deviate from my ethics as part of a business practice; convincing patients they need to see you regularly and eternally.

I think a legit chiropractor that is not trying to get you on "their" life long plan, is helpful. An adjustment followed with proper exercise, posture and stretching can go a long way. But as JG stated, a PT is far more beneficial.

I was nearly crippled from piriformis syndrome and an incredible PT got back to 100% after a few months. Numerous chiropractors had ineffective treatment plans and made things worse. I refuse to even give them a chance anymore.
Old 09-09-2019, 11:42 AM
Community Veteran

Machiavelli has a reputation beyond reputeMachiavelli has a reputation beyond reputeMachiavelli has a reputation beyond reputeMachiavelli has a reputation beyond reputeMachiavelli has a reputation beyond reputeMachiavelli has a reputation beyond reputeMachiavelli has a reputation beyond reputeMachiavelli has a reputation beyond reputeMachiavelli has a reputation beyond reputeMachiavelli has a reputation beyond reputeMachiavelli has a reputation beyond repute
PT > Chiro
Old 09-09-2019, 04:06 PM
Community Veteran

Pen Sillman has a reputation beyond reputePen Sillman has a reputation beyond reputePen Sillman has a reputation beyond reputePen Sillman has a reputation beyond reputePen Sillman has a reputation beyond reputePen Sillman has a reputation beyond reputePen Sillman has a reputation beyond reputePen Sillman has a reputation beyond reputePen Sillman has a reputation beyond reputePen Sillman has a reputation beyond reputePen Sillman has a reputation beyond repute
I've found PT to be extremely beneficial. I learned how to strengthen and warm my rotator cuffs before bench and shoulder presses. And I've avoided injuries and surgery cuz of it. I had both shoulders dislocated simultaneously and usually when that happens, you're at major risk for repeated dislocations because tendons have been stretched and the shoulder bones don't stay tightly on the socket.

One thing I didn't like about chiropractors was like what blm said, they make it iut to be a miracle cure for everything under the sun and then pressure you to get mega treatments. Hate that shit.
Old 09-09-2019, 08:20 PM
WCBB Veteran

Troop has a reputation beyond reputeTroop has a reputation beyond reputeTroop has a reputation beyond reputeTroop has a reputation beyond reputeTroop has a reputation beyond reputeTroop has a reputation beyond reputeTroop has a reputation beyond reputeTroop has a reputation beyond reputeTroop has a reputation beyond reputeTroop has a reputation beyond reputeTroop has a reputation beyond repute
Chiropractor has worked for me. I can tell you there is a difference in technique that works better for me after going through a couple of different ones. The one I have now is working out great. He doesn't pressure the usual stories that go along with the "snake venom" cure all stuff, just keeps me in alignment. I have had him try some ultrasound on a tingling numb feeling ankle that did get better after about 5 treatments.
Old 09-10-2019, 12:21 AM

Thanked 2,663 Times in 2,299 Posts
millenium girl has a reputation beyond reputemillenium girl has a reputation beyond reputemillenium girl has a reputation beyond reputemillenium girl has a reputation beyond reputemillenium girl has a reputation beyond reputemillenium girl has a reputation beyond reputemillenium girl has a reputation beyond reputemillenium girl has a reputation beyond reputemillenium girl has a reputation beyond reputemillenium girl has a reputation beyond reputemillenium girl has a reputation beyond repute
I see a chiropractor once a week because my whole left side hurts (neck, shoulder, lower back -- and early this morning knee). She insists that shoulder pain for example is linked to stomach issues. She works on both and then realigns my spine (it helps with sciatica pain).