World Class Bodybuilding   Forum

BulkSupplements Egg Whites International A1Supplements.com i-Supplements Strength.com VitaSprings Myprotein Beyondsupplements
Go Back   World Class Bodybuilding Forum > Bodybuilding Fitness Training > MMA and UFC Discussions

Shoutbox

MMA and UFC Discussions MMA Forum is a mixed martial art forum dedicated to the different arts of MMA and the UFC results & The Ultimate Fighter discussion.

Old 09-04-2019, 01:26 PM
Community Veteran

Irishman has a reputation beyond reputeIrishman has a reputation beyond reputeIrishman has a reputation beyond reputeIrishman has a reputation beyond reputeIrishman has a reputation beyond reputeIrishman has a reputation beyond reputeIrishman has a reputation beyond reputeIrishman has a reputation beyond reputeIrishman has a reputation beyond reputeIrishman has a reputation beyond reputeIrishman has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by MR. BMJ View Post
LOL, just joking guys

Yea, that would be such a letdown...I was trying to find a good person for the replacement to mess with you all.
It was 30 minutes past my bedtime and I was shot into searching for that headline for about 15 minutes when you posted that.

"The secret of discipline is motivation. When a man is sufficiently motivated, discipline will take care of itself."-Albert Einstein
Get your liquid egg whites here at EGG WHITES INTERNATIONAL

Old 09-08-2019, 08:41 AM

Thanked 3,577 Times in 2,761 Posts
jipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond repute
RESULTS!

Lightweight Khabib Nurmagomedov (c) def. Dustin Poirier Submission (rear-naked choke) 3 2:06 Dustin tried but faired about as well as anyone else. Once on the ground, Khabib is a monster. Tried for the choke and ended up finishing Poirier with a nasty neck crank

Lightweight Paul Felder def. Edson Barboza Decision (split) (27–30, 29–28, 30–27) 3 5:00 One of the bloodiest fights I have seen. I thought barboza won but judges had it for felder split decision.

Lightweight Islam Makhachev def. Davi Ramos Decision (unanimous) (29–27, 30–26, 30–26) 3 5:00
Heavyweight Curtis Blaydes def. Shamil Abdurakhimov TKO (elbow and punches) 2 2:22 Blaydes has only lost to Ngannou, twice. He has beaten Mark hunt, Overeem and a couple other top guys. His wrestling and GnP was what gave him the stoppage in this one.
Lightweight Carlos Diego Ferreira def. Mairbek Taisumov Decision (unanimous) (29–28, 29–27, 29–27) 3 5:00

Vandoo "Yes, I lift faster."
Old 09-08-2019, 01:51 PM
Administrator

Thanked 2,513 Times in 1,932 Posts
MR. BMJ has a reputation beyond reputeMR. BMJ has a reputation beyond reputeMR. BMJ has a reputation beyond reputeMR. BMJ has a reputation beyond reputeMR. BMJ has a reputation beyond reputeMR. BMJ has a reputation beyond reputeMR. BMJ has a reputation beyond reputeMR. BMJ has a reputation beyond reputeMR. BMJ has a reputation beyond reputeMR. BMJ has a reputation beyond reputeMR. BMJ has a reputation beyond repute
I can't really say anything bad about Khabib, he is a terror on the ground, and he sets himself up good to take advantage of it. I love watching him fight.

That said, I was looking at all the guys he's fought in the UFC, and none of them really had real strong wrestling/ground/BJJ backgrounds. There were some 'good' wrestlers or BJJ guys, but none that were really strong on the ground. I want to see him fight a guy who has a strong ground game and decent stand-up. I think getting a guy with a strong ground game can nullify his ground game a lot more, then we can see how it plays out. I know that is easier said than done, lol, but if you look at his fight with Iaquinta, who has a decent ground game, it was mainly a stand-up fight. Gleison Tibau was able to take Khabib down and was never on his back at all from Khabib taking him down...again standup fight. The rest of the guys he's fought were good fighters, but their ground games were not really a strong point, and I think it was an easier game plan for him:

Conor
Poirier
Barboza
Michael Johnson
Horcher
Dos Anjos
Healy
Trujillo (actually good at wtesling, but just not a great all-around TOP fighter)
Tavares
Shalorus...decent ground game.

I think the real test is a fighter with like Tony Ferguson.

Khabib is already hall of fame imo, but I think he has to beat Ferguson to really solidify his name. If he beats Ferguson, I think his name goes up to the "great" fighters list.

Thoughts?

Last edited by MR. BMJ; 09-08-2019 at 01:54 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to MR. BMJ For This Useful Post:
theprince (09-09-2019)
Old 09-09-2019, 06:06 AM

jipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond repute
BMJ, I agree. no one has the wrestling of Khabib. Even a super human BJJ guy would be shut down off his back. Ferguson is the best chance for beating him. Freakishly tough, will fight until he dies, cardio for days and is really good everywhere.

Maybe he can gas Khabib and get the upper hand?

Old 09-09-2019, 11:26 PM
Donating Member

theprince has a reputation beyond reputetheprince has a reputation beyond reputetheprince has a reputation beyond reputetheprince has a reputation beyond reputetheprince has a reputation beyond reputetheprince has a reputation beyond reputetheprince has a reputation beyond reputetheprince has a reputation beyond reputetheprince has a reputation beyond reputetheprince has a reputation beyond reputetheprince has a reputation beyond repute
Wow have never heard of this Ferguson guy will have to check out some videos on youtube.
Old 09-10-2019, 08:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theprince View Post
Wow have never heard of this Ferguson guy will have to check out some videos on youtube.
He is crazy but he is a beast.

The Following User Says Thank You to jipped genes For This Useful Post:
theprince (09-10-2019)
Old 09-11-2019, 02:11 PM
WCBB Veteran

StCLineman has a reputation beyond reputeStCLineman has a reputation beyond reputeStCLineman has a reputation beyond reputeStCLineman has a reputation beyond reputeStCLineman has a reputation beyond reputeStCLineman has a reputation beyond reputeStCLineman has a reputation beyond reputeStCLineman has a reputation beyond reputeStCLineman has a reputation beyond reputeStCLineman has a reputation beyond reputeStCLineman has a reputation beyond repute
If they don’t make Khabib vs GSP it’ll be one of their biggest mistakes ever, imo
Old 09-12-2019, 05:51 AM

Please forgive my mistake. Khabib did not neck crank Poirier. he legit choked him. from the angle of the high light I saw looked like the crank.