World Class Bodybuilding   Forum

BulkSupplements Egg Whites International A1Supplements.com i-Supplements Strength.com VitaSprings Myprotein Beyondsupplements
Go Back   World Class Bodybuilding Forum > Survivalist Prepper Area > Firearms and other weapons

Shoutbox

Old 12-26-2018, 06:27 AM

Thanked 3,626 Times in 2,806 Posts
jipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond repute
ruger .380 mouse gun SUPER CHEAP

Whether you need a backup or apocket pistol when you cannot fit a compact holster on you (Like shorts and a tshirt) then this is a good one. And for the $$$$ WOW!

https://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/...r_krynp?cpath=

Vandoo "Yes, I lift faster."
Get your liquid egg whites here at EGG WHITES INTERNATIONAL

Old 12-26-2018, 08:57 AM
Community Veteran

blm has a reputation beyond reputeblm has a reputation beyond reputeblm has a reputation beyond reputeblm has a reputation beyond reputeblm has a reputation beyond reputeblm has a reputation beyond reputeblm has a reputation beyond reputeblm has a reputation beyond reputeblm has a reputation beyond reputeblm has a reputation beyond reputeblm has a reputation beyond repute
They sell them locally for 149. I personally hate that little bastard. Hard rack. Uncomfortable to shoot; bounces around in your hand. I originally got one for my wife and it's to much of a hassle and discomfort for her to find confidence in shooting and carrying it.

I do however put it in my shorts pocket if I don't feel like carrying my edc. It's better than nothing.

Side note: I assumed all little pistols/.380 would be like this until I fired the signal. 380, that thing is a little dream. Expensive but damn. Racks with 2 fingers. Stays right in your hand and right on target.
Old 12-26-2018, 09:24 AM
Genetic Freak Genetic Freak Is Off Line

Thanked 3,959 Times in 3,135 Posts
Genetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond repute
I have nothing but problems with .380's, so I would pass on it. That is a really good price and if you are on a budget then it is something. However, they are not very reliable; too many stoppages. I would prefer something like a Bond if I needed to carry something really small.

Last edited by Genetic Freak; 12-26-2018 at 09:25 AM. Reason: Grammar
Old 12-26-2018, 08:42 PM

jipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond repute
No love for the peewee. I love my P3AT which is even smaller than the ruger.

definitely not fun to shoot. It is snappy to say the least. But as a cheap reliable pocket pistol i carry it a lot in the summer.

2 things I learned about shooting tiny semi auto pistols.

1. the webbing of the hand on the backstrap must be as high and close to the slide as you can get it when you grip the pistol (and hang on tight)

It keeps the muzzle flip down and allows the proper cycling. If you sissy wrist it even a little it will fail to eject sometimes. Not if I hold it right though.

2. Keep it wet. I oil it and leave all points of friction pretty wet. reapply to stay wet

With these two things I have really had no probs and can reliably fire my little mouse gun. i would not carry it if it were not reliable.

Old 12-26-2018, 11:50 PM

Genetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond repute
Haha. Yeah brother, no love for the peewee. I definitely hear what you are saying and agree with you. The issue is the requirement for a perfect shooting grip. If I have a couple seconds to make a decision to draw, acquire a target and fire three shots I do not want to worry about having a perfect shooting grip. I know it will not even be a thought that enters my mind when shit hits the fan. If the weapon malfunctions without a perfect shooting grip then it is not ideal for life or death situations. In over 50 firefights I have observed some of the worst shooting fundamentals ever witnessed. These are from guys who are expert marksman who have trained in just about every scenario, firing hundreds of thousands of rounds. Adrenaline caused them to rush fundamentals. If they had weapons that only performed if the fundamentals were perfect they would have died. I would prefer a weapon that fires and continues to fire even if I failed to apply the fundamentals.
Old 12-27-2018, 06:41 AM

GF you have way more experience and training than me. I will say that my pocket holster cants my pistol where when I push my hand into my pocket the webbing is pushed against the dove tail. I practice drawing over and over. While this is very helpful I know it is not foolproof. I will take your advice. I have only drawn and fired the pistol a handful of times and never under duress.

Since I have not seen combat the closest I can come is ring experience. I will say that the more you do something the less mistakes you make but even with almost 10 years of fight experience and thousands of hours of training and probably 40 combined hours of sparing/fighing 3 minutes at a time. I still do stupid shit when the punches/kicks are coming.

Perhaps I need a new pocket pistol.

The Following User Says Thank You to jipped genes For This Useful Post:
Genetic Freak (12-27-2018)
Old 12-27-2018, 08:12 AM

Ring experience is a perfect analogy. Train, train and train some more. It definitely decreases the mistakes, but like you said, you still catch yourself doing dumb shit sometimes. Look at experienced hunters who still miss shots. They see that monster buck and the fundamentals they have learned and taught to so many over the years goes away. I have missed with my bow, because I rushed a shot on a number of occasions. As soon as I let the arrow fly I knew I missed. I knew exactly what I did wrong and it would have taken less than half a second to apply the technique. Unfortunately it was too late. Luckily I was in no danger of the buck attacking me.
Old 12-28-2018, 09:02 AM

you are right my friend. the closer to 100% you can get in self defense the better.

Last night I looked at the sig 238 and the S&W bodyguard. I have 3 SWs and have shot thousands of round through them with not one failure. (M&P full size, M&P compact double stack and shield all 9mm)

The 238 is a winner in my book and have handled them before. long trigger pull, SA only and heavier than the bodyguard.

.380 you say? I am a skinny fella, anything other than a pocket mouse gun prints even in a holster. I can put the mouse gun in a pocket holster and while it looks like I have a pocket full of junk no one can tell it's there. Better to have that than leave the 9mm in the safe. And i carry the P3AT everywhere legal for me to do so.

Old 12-28-2018, 09:08 AM
Community Veteran

Swellin has a reputation beyond reputeSwellin has a reputation beyond reputeSwellin has a reputation beyond reputeSwellin has a reputation beyond reputeSwellin has a reputation beyond reputeSwellin has a reputation beyond reputeSwellin has a reputation beyond reputeSwellin has a reputation beyond reputeSwellin has a reputation beyond reputeSwellin has a reputation beyond reputeSwellin has a reputation beyond repute
My favorite .380 is the sig 232. It shoots like mad! I swear, it is the loudest one I've ever shot though, and not sure why. They all have super short bbls.
I bought the S&W bodyguard .380 and let my wife try it. She couldn't hit water from the bottom of a pool with that thing. I handed her my 17L, and she was stacking shots. I shot it, and the trigger is horrible..but repeatable. I feel fine with my accuracy in normal shooting distances, but I've seen Jerry Miculek hit a balloon at like 600 yards with it. I only carry it when I'm wearing gym shorts or the like. But it is nice to have.
Old 12-28-2018, 11:52 AM

You want to shoot a fantastic pistol with a horrible trigger, H&K P30. Worst part about it is there nothing you can do about the trigger other than getting a completely new trigger and there are only two places in the US that do it... I still love the thing though (everyone has their favorites).