World Class Bodybuilding   Forum

BulkSupplements Egg Whites International A1Supplements.com i-Supplements Strength.com VitaSprings Myprotein Beyondsupplements
Go Back   World Class Bodybuilding Forum > Survivalist Prepper Area > All About Fishing

Shoutbox

All About Fishing For all your fishing needs, knowledge, and stories.

Old 09-16-2019, 06:14 AM

Thanked 3,637 Times in 2,813 Posts
jipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond repute
Almost that time!

I went out to the lake. I sat and watched the mouth of the creek channel. I saw a lot of baitfish scattering from time to time. They are balling up there getting ready for it to cool down.

In the next 2 months i will take out my kayak and if I can find em, I throw a lipless crank and tear em up. Looking forward to it.,

Vandoo "Yes, I lift faster."
Get your liquid egg whites here at EGG WHITES INTERNATIONAL

Old 09-16-2019, 07:09 AM
Genetic Freak Genetic Freak Is Off Line

Thanked 3,966 Times in 3,142 Posts
Genetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond repute
Heck yeah! My fishing season is being extended. First week of hunting season and it is supposed to be in the 90's every day this week. I am not hunting until the temperatures get back to normal.
Old 09-17-2019, 06:26 AM

jipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Genetic Freak View Post
Heck yeah! My fishing season is being extended. First week of hunting season and it is supposed to be in the 90's every day this week. I am not hunting until the temperatures get back to normal.
Yeah hunt a hog when it is in the 90s. They spoil so fast. Deer I guess are more forgiving in that respect. I have never bird hunted with the temp above 50. At least not that I can remember.

I may go tonight for a bit. Still hot but should be cloudy and cooler friday. I already took the day off.

Old 09-17-2019, 08:35 PM

Gave it try tonight. no bites on soft plastics, spinner bait or crank bait.

Got 2 bites on a whopper plopper. One hit at the kayak and I missed it. the other I got. Small but first fist of late summer.

Felt good to be on the water. If we have 1 good cold front they will move into the creeks and will be easier to catch. (hopefully several times bigger.)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg bass.jpg (69.8 KB, 3 views)

The Following User Says Thank You to jipped genes For This Useful Post:
Genetic Freak (09-18-2019)
Old 09-18-2019, 08:19 PM

Genetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond repute
Do you ever use white plastics? I never really tried them until recently and I found when nothing else is working white plastic tears them up.
Old 09-18-2019, 09:45 PM
Community Veteran

Pen Sillman has a reputation beyond reputePen Sillman has a reputation beyond reputePen Sillman has a reputation beyond reputePen Sillman has a reputation beyond reputePen Sillman has a reputation beyond reputePen Sillman has a reputation beyond reputePen Sillman has a reputation beyond reputePen Sillman has a reputation beyond reputePen Sillman has a reputation beyond reputePen Sillman has a reputation beyond reputePen Sillman has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by jipped genes View Post
I went out to the lake. I sat and watched the mouth of the creek channel. I saw a lot of baitfish scattering from time to time. They are balling up there getting ready for it to cool down.

In the next 2 months i will take out my kayak and if I can find em, I throw a lipless crank and tear em up. Looking forward to it.,
Lipless crank? Sounds like my ex.
Old 09-19-2019, 06:23 AM

Quote:
Do you ever use white plastics? I never really tried them until recently and I found when nothing else is working white plastic tears them up.
in the spring I use white lizards or creature baits. Only colors I use in our lakes here are watermelon red flake (Fav) and regular watermelon, tomato (Red is the hot color right now. Culprit makes this one that is 100% on). black with blue flake, june bug, and pretty much any dark color for darker water.

Any color I use I dip the tail in spike it, dip and glow. may be the color, may be the smell but it increases strikes.

Try these: I normally use 7" version. but this color. Late summer and fall this kills around here.

Pen, first HAHAHA. Second it is a hard bait with no lip, it has a fast vibration and 2 treble hooks.

https://www.amazon.com/Culprit-Origi...SIN=B0084EFTGO

Old 09-19-2019, 07:29 PM

Worms only work in the lakes, ponds and rivers around here up until May. Just about everyone is throwing worms and the fish just get wise. I just try and keep a little of everything with me when I go out. It is funny how sometimes you throw stuff that does not resemble a single thing the fish eat and they end up smashing it.
Old 09-20-2019, 09:50 AM

Quote:
Worms only work in the lakes, ponds and rivers around here up until May. Just about everyone is throwing worms and the fish just get wise. I just try and keep a little of everything with me when I go out. It is funny how sometimes you throw stuff that does not resemble a single thing the fish eat and they end up smashing it.
Agree, i started throwing beaver tail baits in watermelon red flake and catch fish when my buddy is throwing a regular curly tail worm, both texas rigged with similar gear and line but i catch em and he does not.

What does this thing look like that a bass eats? pic below.

I went out last night. Nothing. Wind was howling out of the NE. This time of year east winds hurt nothing as long as it is from the SE. I saw a couple of shad flick but nothing chased them. Shore birds were all asleep in the trees, gulls were all floating quietly waiting but certainly not eating. Hell I normally see gar if there are shad, I saw no fish of any size moving.

Also when wind is out of the south even by a little bit the water stays clean where i am. out of the north even by a little and it gets muddy.

I do not mind fishing muddy water if all of it is. But i think the fish move to cleaner water.

I left the wind push me for 30 minutes. took me and hour to paddle back. waves were so big water was constantly splashing me. (Which felt good.)

still had a good time and got some good paddle work in. I am not in kayak shape right now. My shoulders and back are sore today from digging for an hour straight. Feel a bit weak.

If it looks better tonight i will go again.

Old 09-23-2019, 04:21 AM
Nobel Peace Prize Protestor

GBAGH has a reputation beyond reputeGBAGH has a reputation beyond reputeGBAGH has a reputation beyond reputeGBAGH has a reputation beyond reputeGBAGH has a reputation beyond reputeGBAGH has a reputation beyond reputeGBAGH has a reputation beyond reputeGBAGH has a reputation beyond reputeGBAGH has a reputation beyond reputeGBAGH has a reputation beyond reputeGBAGH has a reputation beyond repute
I don't know where you are fishing bro, but if your baitfish are shad you might want to rethink your lipless crank. We have a big kill off on shad every winter where I am at. I will throw a banjo minnow around any kind of cover back in those coves and "let it die". What an awesome way to generate strikes!

I don't really bass fish much anymore, but you should try it sometime!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AAXrMVluN2I

lol