World Class Bodybuilding   Forum

BulkSupplements Egg Whites International A1Supplements.com i-Supplements Strength.com VitaSprings Myprotein Beyondsupplements
Go Back   World Class Bodybuilding Forum > Diet and Nutrition > Bodybuilding Fitness Recipes

Shoutbox

Bodybuilding Fitness Recipes Largest range of healthy bodybuilding fitness recipes for muscle building and fat loss! Get recipes for breakfast, post-workout, protein shakes and more

Old 01-31-2014, 02:31 PM

Thanked 3,402 Times in 2,717 Posts
A1food4u has a reputation beyond reputeA1food4u has a reputation beyond reputeA1food4u has a reputation beyond reputeA1food4u has a reputation beyond reputeA1food4u has a reputation beyond reputeA1food4u has a reputation beyond reputeA1food4u has a reputation beyond reputeA1food4u has a reputation beyond reputeA1food4u has a reputation beyond reputeA1food4u has a reputation beyond reputeA1food4u has a reputation beyond repute
Cooking with A1

Ok... so if there is a desire to make better more flavorful training meals perhaps I can fill the void and become an asset to the board... couple of you have expressed interest so I'll give it a go....
One of the quickest ways to improve your home cooking is to master this technique... I like this method as it requires very little oil, it makes the meal look fantastic, and in most cases preserves juices within the meat so they can be enjoyed as you eat..

Pan searing is most thought of as a way to pre-brown large pieces of meat before braising or roasting... but searing individual items works fantastically.
salmon, halibut and sea bass all turn out great, chicken responds very well and lean cuts of pork stay most once you've mastered the timing. I can work this through in four easy steps. A word of caution- you MUST have a working vent fan over the stove to attempt this, it should have a clean filter, otherwise you could fill the house with smoke...

you will need....
salt and pepper, olive oil, all purpose flour, optional butter to finish
Equipment:

thermometer
hot pad
tongs
pan-searing pan (large heavy-gauge saute pan)
two platters (prep and serving) Never ever put your finished product on the same plate it was on when raw
spatula or spoon

Step One:

Preheat oven, if meat/seafood is thicker than 1/2 inch.
Measure and prepare all ingredient’s have ready to add
Dust meat/seafood with all purpose flour

Step Two:

Heat olive oil in pan on MEDIUM-HIGH, until oil faintly smokes
Add Meat/seafood
(Note: If oil smokes too much, pan is too hot, causing meat/seafood to burn on outside and stay raw on the inside, it may take three attempts to recognize the sweet spot for the heat)

Turn over when meat/seafood changes color one-quarter of the way up and seared side has turned paper-bag brown. One of the most common mistakes made by novice cooks it turning/poking/ noodleing the meat/seafood to often, relax and let the pan do the work!
Step Three:

Reduce heat to MEDIUM/LOW (If thicker than 1/2 inch, place pan in preheated 350-degree oven.)
Cook 3-5 min, until internal temperature reaches 120 degrees or 130 if you skip #4 step 4 is a sure fire way to have an excellent meal, it requires patience and attention, I use the baste step for special occasions only; check by inserting thermometer halfway into thickest part of meat/seafood (If transferred to oven, replace pan on stove for final step)Once you have mastered the technique the thermometer will be less important as you will recognize the end point visually

Step Four: Optional
Add basting oil or butter to pan; swirl, being careful not to burn butter
Baste with spoon, 1-3 min, until internal temperature reaches 130 degrees
Transfer to clean platter. Let rest at least 2 minutes

Letting meat/Seafood stand for the 2 minutes seems silly but it is essential to let the meat/seafood "rest" to maintain its juicyness... think of a muscle, you flex- this is like adding add heat, it contracts the muscle, now when your giving blood you pump your fist contracting the muscle so the blood runs faster- the same can be said for your dinner when right off the heat it is under tension from the heat (flexed). If you cut a steak hot off the grill you end up with lots of the juices on the plate and a dryer kinda mealy steak because the muscle tissue which was still "flexed" squeezes out the juice, but if you let it rest before you cut it so that the temperature moderates it is like relaxing out of the flex, so with the muscle relaxed the juices stay in... hope the bodybuilder analogy made sense.

Last edited by A1food4u; 02-05-2014 at 12:26 PM.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to A1food4u For This Useful Post:
ctrl (11-23-2016), Nate  (01-31-2014), wanabe (01-23-2016)
Get your liquid egg whites here at EGG WHITES INTERNATIONAL

Old 01-31-2014, 02:32 PM

A1food4u has a reputation beyond reputeA1food4u has a reputation beyond reputeA1food4u has a reputation beyond reputeA1food4u has a reputation beyond reputeA1food4u has a reputation beyond reputeA1food4u has a reputation beyond reputeA1food4u has a reputation beyond reputeA1food4u has a reputation beyond reputeA1food4u has a reputation beyond reputeA1food4u has a reputation beyond reputeA1food4u has a reputation beyond repute
Please give me feedback.... if posts like this are too long let me know and I can keep them shorter.....
Old 01-31-2014, 02:40 PM

in a day or two I'll post a specific recipe using the technique...
Old 01-31-2014, 04:00 PM
Gear101 Gear101 Is Off Line
Habitual Violator

Gear101 has a reputation beyond reputeGear101 has a reputation beyond reputeGear101 has a reputation beyond reputeGear101 has a reputation beyond reputeGear101 has a reputation beyond reputeGear101 has a reputation beyond reputeGear101 has a reputation beyond reputeGear101 has a reputation beyond reputeGear101 has a reputation beyond reputeGear101 has a reputation beyond reputeGear101 has a reputation beyond repute
Heat olive oil in pan on MEDIUM-HIGH, until oil faintly smokes, if not the fire alarm goes off. Lucky I am tall and can reach it from the floor. LOL
Old 01-31-2014, 05:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gear101 View Post
Heat olive oil in pan on MEDIUM-HIGH, until oil faintly smokes, if not the fire alarm goes off. Lucky I am tall and can reach it from the floor. LOL
Note my disclaimer about a vent above the stove! wasn't kidding...LOL
oh...and make sure it actually moves air, you may need to clean the filter...
Old 01-31-2014, 08:45 PM
Administrator

Thanked 8,172 Times in 5,341 Posts
Nate has a reputation beyond reputeNate has a reputation beyond reputeNate has a reputation beyond reputeNate has a reputation beyond reputeNate has a reputation beyond reputeNate has a reputation beyond reputeNate has a reputation beyond reputeNate has a reputation beyond reputeNate has a reputation beyond reputeNate has a reputation beyond reputeNate has a reputation beyond repute
Well done A1.

Neither pun intended.

Thread is now stuck. No need to go looking for it.
The Following User Says Thank You to Nate For This Useful Post:
A1food4u (02-01-2014)
Old 01-31-2014, 08:49 PM
AKA LUNATIC

Thanked 1,098 Times in 764 Posts
alpineslide has a reputation beyond reputealpineslide has a reputation beyond reputealpineslide has a reputation beyond reputealpineslide has a reputation beyond reputealpineslide has a reputation beyond reputealpineslide has a reputation beyond reputealpineslide has a reputation beyond reputealpineslide has a reputation beyond reputealpineslide has a reputation beyond reputealpineslide has a reputation beyond reputealpineslide has a reputation beyond repute
Can't you just come and cook it for me ?

2- time WCBB Fantasy Football League Champion 2014 & 2016
The Following User Says Thank You to alpineslide For This Useful Post:
A1food4u (02-01-2014)
Old 02-01-2014, 06:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alpineslide View Post
Can't you just come and cook it for me ?
Well I could, but then I wouldn't be teaching you anything....would I
Chemical Evolution (02-04-2014)
Old 02-03-2014, 01:25 PM

So Hopefully some of you have tried this..... next step... using this technique to make a meal. As I like heat I'll start with this one... it will work on any seared meat... just substitute the appropriate stock for the meal
SWEET AND SPICY RED CURRY SAUCE
14 oz. can Coconut milk
1 T Red curry paste
1 cups Roasted red peppers, pureed
1/3 tsp Fresh ginger, thinly sliced
2 tsp Garlic Puree
1 oz Lime juice
1ea Zest of Lime (just the outside green colored part of the skin)
1/4 cup Brown Sugar
5 oz Clam juice/chicken/pork stock

Nutrition Facts
Serving Size 72 g

Amount Per Serving
Calories 103Calories from Fat 86
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 9.5g15%
Saturated Fat 8.4g42%
Cholesterol 0mg0%
Sodium 101mg4%
Total Carbohydrates 4.9g2%
Dietary Fiber 1.2g5%
Sugars 2.6g
Protein 1.2g

Vitamin A 11% • Vitamin C 55%
Calcium 1% • Iron 4%

Combine all ingredients and simmer for 20 minutes. Strain through a fine strainer, return to pot and bring back to a boil. Thicken slightly with cornstarch slurry. (cornstarch disolved in water)

To make this a bit healthier use stevia instead of brown sugar..

Looking forward to your questions!!!

Last edited by A1food4u; 02-05-2014 at 12:25 PM.
Old 02-03-2014, 01:47 PM

Thanked 2,554 Times in 2,202 Posts
millenium girl has a reputation beyond reputemillenium girl has a reputation beyond reputemillenium girl has a reputation beyond reputemillenium girl has a reputation beyond reputemillenium girl has a reputation beyond reputemillenium girl has a reputation beyond reputemillenium girl has a reputation beyond reputemillenium girl has a reputation beyond reputemillenium girl has a reputation beyond reputemillenium girl has a reputation beyond reputemillenium girl has a reputation beyond repute
I want some soup recipes! :
A1food4u (02-03-2014)