World Class Bodybuilding   Forum

BulkSupplements Egg Whites International A1Supplements.com i-Supplements Strength.com VitaSprings Myprotein Beyondsupplements
Go Back   World Class Bodybuilding Forum > Diet and Nutrition > Diet and Health

Shoutbox

Diet and Health Weight loss support forum for all diets. Fitness discussion forum for weight loss, discuss weight and food issues unique to the dietng

Old 03-24-2019, 03:46 AM
Shiznown Shiznown Is Off Line
Hi! I'm New Here!

Shiznown is on a distinguished road
Diet advice and looking to take something for insulin sensitivity

So, I'm extremely carb sensitive. I have a slow metabolism and it does not even matter if I'm in a calorie deficit, or do cardio. What usually happens is, I might loose 10-15 pounds in a few months after being very strict with diet and doing cardio and then it'll stall for months to the point where I'll just get tired of trying to cut weight. I'm currently taking in 2,200 calories a day, working out 4 days a week and doing 45 minutes of cardio a day and I gained weight. I DO suffer from sleep apnea, but have a cpap(though only had it a few months. Had old one for awhile but needed a new one) that I use every night. I'd like to not need to use the cpap anymore. I only need it when I'm over 220 pounds, but for the past few years I haven't been able to get under about 235. I'm thinking of getting on keto, but I'm too broke right now to have a super high protein and fat diet, as I am looking for employment at the moment; money is tight. For reference, I'm 6 foot tall and 250 pounds and I'll be 31 this year. Also important to note, my strength is increasing very fast, at least every two weeks.
Get your liquid egg whites here at EGG WHITES INTERNATIONAL

Old 03-24-2019, 07:50 AM
Crusader by Choice

paramuscle has a reputation beyond reputeparamuscle has a reputation beyond reputeparamuscle has a reputation beyond reputeparamuscle has a reputation beyond reputeparamuscle has a reputation beyond reputeparamuscle has a reputation beyond reputeparamuscle has a reputation beyond reputeparamuscle has a reputation beyond reputeparamuscle has a reputation beyond reputeparamuscle has a reputation beyond reputeparamuscle has a reputation beyond repute
Without knowing anything about your body fat or training really, and not knowing anything about your experience.... Let me say that I am telling you what I do. If you have medical issues then you need to consider those before you do anything...

I too am carb sensitive and its good that you recognize that but you should also be aware that being carb sensitive, usually means that you are actually sensitive to insulin. Most people don't understand that and it's the insulin that causes issues when it comes to storing fat.

For me, I have really good luck with a zero carb plan and I take in no exogenous sugars. I drink black coffee and water. I don't take in any NET carbs. I eat a lot of leafy green vegetables and meats. I don't eat dairy because it has lactose which is a form of sugar. I don't eat fruit because of fructose.... ie, sugar. I do take multivitamins and I do not really worry about the fat content. My killer is carbs. Literally, if I wear to eat a lot of carbs, I can feel my hands swollen the next day.

I don't do much cardio..... this is me.. I do a lot of supersets. For example: I might do an arms day where I do preacher curls and tricep push downs. I might do 12 sets of each and I do not rest in between. I go from one exercise to the next and I keep going back and forth with no rest. This is my cardio.. IMO, if you want a better body, cardio is not the way to go. Cardio is for the heart, not the body. You can lose weight with cardio, no doubt... but cardio will make you lose weight all over and what I do will shape your body while burning fat. Take those extra minutes and put them into weights.. Still do cardio, just not hard and not for the calories as much as for the heart.

The diet I am on is daily just meat... I eat hamburger, steak, chicken, pork. I also eat salads and spinach and broccoli and pretty much any leafy green veggies. Stay away from any breads, pastas, any potatoes. You can have some cheese in moderation because the process of making cheese destroys the lactose but you cannot have other dairy.

And, when you stall, change something up.... Change the routine and shock the system. Go from light to heavy or heavy to light. Do 20 sets of 25 reps instead of 3 sets of 12. Shock the system..

~PM
Shiznown (03-24-2019)
Old 03-28-2019, 01:07 AM
richa_timmy richa_timmy Is Off Line
BANNED

richa_timmy is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by paramuscle View Post
Without knowing anything about your body fat or training really, and not knowing anything about your experience.... Let me say that I am telling you what I do. If you have medical issues then you need to consider those before you do anything...

I too am carb sensitive and its good that you recognize that but you should also be aware that being carb sensitive, usually means that you are actually sensitive to insulin. Most people don't understand that and it's the insulin that causes issues when it comes to storing fat.

For me, I have really good luck with a zero carb plan and I take in no exogenous sugars. I drink black coffee and water. I don't take in any NET carbs. I eat a lot of leafy green vegetables and meats. I don't eat dairy because it has lactose which is a form of sugar. I don't eat fruit because of fructose.... ie, sugar. I do take multivitamins and I do not really worry about the fat content. My killer is carbs. Literally, if I wear to eat a lot of carbs, I can feel my hands swollen the next day.

I don't do much cardio..... this is me.. I do a lot of supersets. For example: I might do an arms day where I do preacher curls and tricep push downs. I might do 12 sets of each and I do not rest in between. I go from one exercise to the next and I keep going back and forth with no rest. This is my cardio.. IMO, if you want a better body, cardio is not the way to go. Cardio is for the heart, not the body. You can lose weight with cardio, no doubt... but cardio will make you lose weight all over and what I do will shape your body while burning fat. Take those extra minutes and put them into weights.. Still do cardio, just not hard and not for the calories as much as for the heart.

The diet I am on is daily just meat... I eat hamburger, steak, chicken, pork. I also eat salads and spinach and broccoli and pretty much any leafy green veggies. Stay away from any breads, pastas, any potatoes. You can have some cheese in moderation because the process of making cheese destroys the lactose but you cannot have other dairy.

And, when you stall, change something up.... Change the routine and shock the system. Go from light to heavy or heavy to light. Do 20 sets of 25 reps instead of 3 sets of 12. Shock the system..

~PM

I like your suggestion.Thnks