World Class Bodybuilding   Forum

BulkSupplements Egg Whites International A1Supplements.com i-Supplements Strength.com VitaSprings Myprotein Beyondsupplements
Go Back   World Class Bodybuilding Forum > Survivalist Prepper Area > All About Fishing

All About Fishing For all your fishing needs, knowledge, and stories.

Old 05-16-2019, 03:53 PM
Genetic Freak Genetic Freak Is Off Line

Thanked 4,023 Times in 3,184 Posts
Genetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by jipped genes View Post
Damn that is a helluva day there. I have not had time to go back to the lake. Plus the water is damn close to the spillway and they are releasing water like crazy out of the dam. All the rain made the lake look like creamed coffee.

Hard fishing.
The water looked the same on Lake of the Ozarks yesterday, but the water temperatures are in the low 60's and the crappie have moved to their spawning locations. We were able to target them on the banks. They were all within 10 feet of the banks in 1-4 feet of water. Black crappie were right on the bank and white crappie were off just a bit. Caught almost every single one on Bobby Garland white slab busters.

Old 05-17-2019, 06:10 AM

Thanked 3,706 Times in 2,864 Posts
jipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Genetic Freak View Post
The water looked the same on Lake of the Ozarks yesterday, but the water temperatures are in the low 60's and the crappie have moved to their spawning locations. We were able to target them on the banks. They were all within 10 feet of the banks in 1-4 feet of water. Black crappie were right on the bank and white crappie were off just a bit. Caught almost every single one on Bobby Garland white slab busters.
Crappie have all but finished spawn here. They are moving to suspend in 15-20' of water. It is rare to catch black crappie here for whatever reason.

The bobby garland stuff i the tits! All of it. never used anything he put out that is not great. Color?

Vandoo "Yes, I lift faster."
Old 05-17-2019, 05:01 PM

Genetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by jipped genes View Post
Crappie have all but finished spawn here. They are moving to suspend in 15-20' of water. It is rare to catch black crappie here for whatever reason.

The bobby garland stuff i the tits! All of it. never used anything he put out that is not great. Color?
Post spawn we catch a lot in 14-17 feet of water on brush piles. As for the color, we used white due to the water being dirty. Usually when the water is stained we use black and chartreuse and when the water is clear we use the live minnow color.
Old 05-22-2019, 11:28 AM

jipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Genetic Freak View Post
Post spawn we catch a lot in 14-17 feet of water on brush piles. As for the color, we used white due to the water being dirty. Usually when the water is stained we use black and chartreuse and when the water is clear we use the live minnow color.
Cool. Seems chartreuse works all the time here clean or dirty water.

Old 06-05-2019, 06:07 PM
WCBB Veteran

Estrogen Guy has a reputation beyond reputeEstrogen Guy has a reputation beyond reputeEstrogen Guy has a reputation beyond reputeEstrogen Guy has a reputation beyond reputeEstrogen Guy has a reputation beyond reputeEstrogen Guy has a reputation beyond reputeEstrogen Guy has a reputation beyond reputeEstrogen Guy has a reputation beyond reputeEstrogen Guy has a reputation beyond reputeEstrogen Guy has a reputation beyond reputeEstrogen Guy has a reputation beyond repute
Thats Living

Nice pinch. I grabbed 8 large mouth coming right of the spawn. It was too cold for me during pre-spawn in April.

QUOTE=Genetic Freak;1129618]Went out yesterday from sun up to sun down. Caught 10 dinks to every 1 legal crappie and ended up with 16, so yeah we caught about 160+ crappie total. I also caught a couple 3 lbs bass and one 5 lbs blue cat on crappie rigs. Good times![/QUOTE]
The Following User Says Thank You to Estrogen Guy For This Useful Post:
Genetic Freak (06-06-2019)
Old 06-05-2019, 07:53 PM

Check out this toad my buddy caught out of one of the local ponds we fish. He did not have a scale to weigh it, but it was 24 inches long. Probably 8-10 lbs. His 11 year old son is holding the fish to give you an idea of how big it was.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Toad.jpg (115.7 KB, 4 views)
Old 06-09-2019, 04:47 PM
Jester Jester Is Off Line
Community Veteran

Thanked 1,133 Times in 795 Posts
Jester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond repute
My buddy Hank Hill does pretty good with a split-shot... a #6 treble hook.... and some crack
The Following User Says Thank You to Jester For This Useful Post:
Genetic Freak (06-09-2019)
Old 06-21-2019, 09:23 AM

That is a fatty GF! Congrats to him. That is a real trophy fish up your way.

We have had so much rain that the lake is way up and the ramps all closed. Water is dirty as hell. I have not been out. Maybe this or next weekend I will try.