World Class Bodybuilding   Forum

BulkSupplements Egg Whites International A1Supplements.com i-Supplements Strength.com VitaSprings Myprotein Beyondsupplements
Go Back   World Class Bodybuilding Forum > Bodybuilding Fitness Training > Bodybuilding and Fitness Training Journals

Bodybuilding and Fitness Training Journals Keep track of your daily training routine. An interactive way to track your progress. Have others follow and help with your progress

Old 09-05-2016, 02:31 AM
cockswole_gentlemen cockswole_gentlemen Is Off Line
Donating Member

cockswole_gentlemen has a reputation beyond reputecockswole_gentlemen has a reputation beyond reputecockswole_gentlemen has a reputation beyond reputecockswole_gentlemen has a reputation beyond reputecockswole_gentlemen has a reputation beyond reputecockswole_gentlemen has a reputation beyond reputecockswole_gentlemen has a reputation beyond reputecockswole_gentlemen has a reputation beyond reputecockswole_gentlemen has a reputation beyond reputecockswole_gentlemen has a reputation beyond reputecockswole_gentlemen has a reputation beyond repute
My last two days haven't been good food-wise. I haven't really been hungry, and I've been coming up light on calories. I'm going to have to find some other calorie dense foods that are low in carbs, and that I like eating. I'm thinking I'll go get some whey isolate and mix it with some half and half when I need to up my calories.

Yesterday's macros
988 4 58 104
Cal. Carb. Fat. Protein

Today's
1,873 36 134 129

Workout
Leg extensions
Couple warm-ups then
150/22+14+12+10+9

Triceps rope pushdown
On a workstation with a flat rubber pulley. It was much heavier than the standard one I typically use, but felt just as good. Each set i had them aching.
50/16+10+8+6
40/11

Did a couple sets on the single leg curl machine. Didn't pay attention to weight or reps as I loathe this machine. Just figure I need to do it sometimes.

Walked out and forgot calves. Will have to add them tomorrow.

My newest pair of shorts are fitting pretty loose. Gonna have to belt them soon.
Get your liquid egg whites here at EGG WHITES INTERNATIONAL

Old 09-05-2016, 10:24 AM
Genetic Freak Genetic Freak Is Off Line

Thanked 4,019 Times in 3,180 Posts
Genetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond repute
Weight machines are all different, so I would not get caught up in that you lift more on one machine than the other. I have done tricep rope extensions on one machine where I can do 200lbs for 10 and only 80lbs for 10 on another. Just try and remember how much you did on each machine, so you can do more next time. It would be nice if you were able to get in some compound movements like bench, squat, deadlift, cleans, etc..., but I know you have some injury issues. Those movements would speed up the weight loss with an increase in muscle mass.
cockswole_gentlemen (09-06-2016), Player (09-06-2016)
Old 09-06-2016, 12:12 AM
Donating Member

cockswole_gentlemen has a reputation beyond reputecockswole_gentlemen has a reputation beyond reputecockswole_gentlemen has a reputation beyond reputecockswole_gentlemen has a reputation beyond reputecockswole_gentlemen has a reputation beyond reputecockswole_gentlemen has a reputation beyond reputecockswole_gentlemen has a reputation beyond reputecockswole_gentlemen has a reputation beyond reputecockswole_gentlemen has a reputation beyond reputecockswole_gentlemen has a reputation beyond reputecockswole_gentlemen has a reputation beyond repute
AM workout
45 minutes on treadmill incline 9

PM workout
Pec deck-
Warm-ups then
165/18+9+6
135/9

Tried a decline dumbbell press. Haven't tried this before. Having pre-exhausted my pecs, it didn't take much weight, but this movement worked without shoulder pain. I was pouring sweat during and after these.
Decline dumbbell press
30's/22+14+11

Preacher curls
70/14+8+6

Alt dumbbell curls
25's/14

Setup the seated calf machine, then forgot the damn things again.

Macros
2,501 ...31....164......193
Cal,........carbs..fat.... protein

Can't wait for chest day again, so I can do the declines again.
Old 09-06-2016, 08:55 AM
Player Player Is Off Line
Unregistered Sex Offender

Player has a reputation beyond reputePlayer has a reputation beyond reputePlayer has a reputation beyond reputePlayer has a reputation beyond reputePlayer has a reputation beyond reputePlayer has a reputation beyond reputePlayer has a reputation beyond reputePlayer has a reputation beyond reputePlayer has a reputation beyond reputePlayer has a reputation beyond reputePlayer has a reputation beyond repute
My two cents on the machines and injuries:

Using a machine instead of free weights to combat injuries is probably backwards thinking. For two reasons:

1. The machines force an unatural line of movement that adds stress to joints, not relieve it. Free weights allow the line of motion to change naturally as you push the rep. The exception is if you are not using enough weight for it to matter, which is where this theory leads most people.

2. Machines take all of natural benefits of building stabilizer muscles and other ancillary muscle groups away. If you have an injury, these muscles are more important than ever and you even might have experienced the injury in the first place because these muscles were weak. And now you are training to your weakness. Which means you get weaker ever time you step in the gym.

For example you guys using leg presses because of a back injury are getting worse wth every gym trip not better. Hamstrings are what you need most and they are getting smaller and smaller. No leg curls won't do the trick it's as unatural as a tranny.

GF is spot on above. And it's not just about the compound movements we all know builds the body we want. It's also about the fact that God designed our body to squat, deadlift, and bench in a certain way. These movements are also in our everyday lives as me move around the planet. And he added a 100 muscles to accomplish each one. If you try to take that process over with a machine to eliminate the weak link you have it backwards and you're eliminating your opportunity to heal and get stronger and also making the opposite muscles stronger and lead to more injury and pain. If you tell me you have a lower back injury on the Internet and still train, when I meet you I will usually find big quads, chest and abs, and no calves, hamstrings, or lower and middle back muscle groups. A year later the first three will be bigger and the second three will be smaller. Until you simply can't train anymore and maybe not walk straight either.

I lived through the backward thinking and got worse and worse. I'm glad I worked through the tough part and the pain and allowed myself to be teachable to get back to being fully capable in the gym and athletic in the field.

Last edited by Player; 09-06-2016 at 09:04 AM.
Old 09-06-2016, 12:48 PM
-TE- -TE- Is Off Line
Pimpin ain't easy

Thanked 2,034 Times in 1,511 Posts
-TE- has a reputation beyond repute-TE- has a reputation beyond repute-TE- has a reputation beyond repute-TE- has a reputation beyond repute-TE- has a reputation beyond repute-TE- has a reputation beyond repute-TE- has a reputation beyond repute-TE- has a reputation beyond repute-TE- has a reputation beyond repute-TE- has a reputation beyond repute-TE- has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Player View Post
My two cents on the machines and injuries:

Using a machine instead of free weights to combat injuries is probably backwards thinking. For two reasons:

1. The machines force an unatural line of movement that adds stress to joints, not relieve it. Free weights allow the line of motion to change naturally as you push the rep. The exception is if you are not using enough weight for it to matter, which is where this theory leads most people.

2. Machines take all of natural benefits of building stabilizer muscles and other ancillary muscle groups away. If you have an injury, these muscles are more important than ever and you even might have experienced the injury in the first place because these muscles were weak. And now you are training to your weakness. Which means you get weaker ever time you step in the gym.

For example you guys using leg presses because of a back injury are getting worse wth every gym trip not better. Hamstrings are what you need most and they are getting smaller and smaller. No leg curls won't do the trick it's as unatural as a tranny.

GF is spot on above. And it's not just about the compound movements we all know builds the body we want. It's also about the fact that God designed our body to squat, deadlift, and bench in a certain way. These movements are also in our everyday lives as me move around the planet. And he added a 100 muscles to accomplish each one. If you try to take that process over with a machine to eliminate the weak link you have it backwards and you're eliminating your opportunity to heal and get stronger and also making the opposite muscles stronger and lead to more injury and pain. If you tell me you have a lower back injury on the Internet and still train, when I meet you I will usually find big quads, chest and abs, and no calves, hamstrings, or lower and middle back muscle groups. A year later the first three will be bigger and the second three will be smaller. Until you simply can't train anymore and maybe not walk straight either.

I lived through the backward thinking and got worse and worse. I'm glad I worked through the tough part and the pain and allowed myself to be teachable to get back to being fully capable in the gym and athletic in the field.
To add some real world experience, I had tendonitis in my posterior capsule of my rotator cuff (or something like that). Cortisone helped a lot, but I was never pain free and couldn't bench much. When I did bench I couldn't "touch and go". I changed some things up at the advice of a friend and started doing nothing but compound movements....squat, bench, d/l and overhead press. After a month or so my shoulder pain disappeared altogether and I haven't had an issue if the last 5 years or so. I'll use a machine every now and then, but never hard and heavy.
The Following User Says Thank You to -TE- For This Useful Post:
Player (09-06-2016)
Old 09-07-2016, 04:01 AM
Donating Member

Thanks for the feedback fellas. I don't disagree with any of the premises you all laid out. I even discovered I could decline press recently.

It isn't my back that bothers me though, it's my hip. It's just something I'm not going to be able to train through. My leg shakes violently when I bend at the knee, and I'm far enough removed from the last cortisone shot, that the leg presses are gonna be out too.

A lot of things are out at this point: I can't kneel, I can't pick something off the floor if I drop it. I can get down to my sons level and hug him... and he has to pick up all my shit on the floor It will get to a point where I can't get a sock or shoe on.

I walk with a limp, and living like this is getting tiresome. Im guessing I will have to have the bursa removal surgery. We've tried all the conservative options.

I really would do more compound exercise if I could. I like squats, I love deads. I've even tried to do rack pulls, but I can't get it done with my leg shaking like it does.

Today's macros
2,102/36/143/166

PM workout
Close grip lat pulldowns
Warm-ups then
135/14+9+6
105/13

Vertical row
135/17+14+9

Seated triceps dip
120/26+17+12

I may have pushed a bit too hard tonight. I felt a little distressed when I was done. I was pouring sweat and my heart seemed to be faster than typical when I'm finished. I'm not on the clen this week, but still the t3, perhaps that's the culprit. It was also extremely humid tonight, which may have added to my distress. I guess I'm still not in good enough shape to push it as hard as I want to.
Old 09-08-2016, 03:31 AM
Donating Member

Today's macros
Cal..carbs..fat.. protein

Just ordered 5 lbs of isolate. Id like to get a few more calories and protein in, but I haven't been terribly hungry. I've been downing about ten eggs a day and a pound of veal, and I don't feel much like eating more after that.

I've been a pretty good boy on this diet. I have my kid this weekend, so I think I will incorporate a cheat meal at some point. I see an ice cream cone in our future.

Tonight was shoulders and biceps
Side cable laterals
20/14+10+8+7+6

Shoulder press behind the head
95/11+8+5

Front dumbbell raises
15/20
20/12

Alt dumbbell curls
25/18+14+12+10

Last edited by cockswole_gentlemen; 09-08-2016 at 03:35 AM.
Old 09-08-2016, 07:36 PM

Genetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by cockswole_gentlemen View Post
Thanks for the feedback fellas. I don't disagree with any of the premises you all laid out. I even discovered I could decline press recently.

It isn't my back that bothers me though, it's my hip. It's just something I'm not going to be able to train through. My leg shakes violently when I bend at the knee, and I'm far enough removed from the last cortisone shot, that the leg presses are gonna be out too.

A lot of things are out at this point: I can't kneel, I can't pick something off the floor if I drop it. I can get down to my sons level and hug him... and he has to pick up all my shit on the floor It will get to a point where I can't get a sock or shoe on.

I walk with a limp, and living like this is getting tiresome. Im guessing I will have to have the bursa removal surgery. We've tried all the conservative options.

I really would do more compound exercise if I could. I like squats, I love deads. I've even tried to do rack pulls, but I can't get it done with my leg shaking like it does.

Today's macros
2,102/36/143/166

PM workout
Close grip lat pulldowns
Warm-ups then
135/14+9+6
105/13

Vertical row
135/17+14+9

Seated triceps dip
120/26+17+12

I may have pushed a bit too hard tonight. I felt a little distressed when I was done. I was pouring sweat and my heart seemed to be faster than typical when I'm finished. I'm not on the clen this week, but still the t3, perhaps that's the culprit. It was also extremely humid tonight, which may have added to my distress. I guess I'm still not in good enough shape to push it as hard as I want to.
Be careful brother.
cockswole_gentlemen (09-09-2016)
Old 09-09-2016, 01:40 PM
Donating Member

I think I found the limit my body can handle during a calorie deficit. I woke up Thursday feeling like I had been run over. I put 4 training days together prior. I guess that's too much for me on this diet. I will stick to a max of 3 together.

Thursday macros

Taking today off as well. Donated blood this morning. I may talk to my Dr about getting drawn more often than every 8 weeks. My hemoglobin is consistently high every time, in the 18's. My bp today was 137/80.

I had cookies and juice when I was done, so this will be my refeed day.
Old 09-09-2016, 07:32 PM

Not sure if your schedule can handle it, but I always liked the two days on, one day off split.