World Class Bodybuilding   Forum

BulkSupplements Egg Whites International A1Supplements.com i-Supplements Strength.com VitaSprings Myprotein Beyondsupplements
Go Back   World Class Bodybuilding Forum > Affiliate Sponsors > Amazon Discounts

Shoutbox

Amazon Discounts

Old 03-07-2014, 11:46 PM
alpineslide alpineslide Is Off Line
AKA LUNATIC

Thanked 1,129 Times in 790 Posts
alpineslide has a reputation beyond reputealpineslide has a reputation beyond reputealpineslide has a reputation beyond reputealpineslide has a reputation beyond reputealpineslide has a reputation beyond reputealpineslide has a reputation beyond reputealpineslide has a reputation beyond reputealpineslide has a reputation beyond reputealpineslide has a reputation beyond reputealpineslide has a reputation beyond reputealpineslide has a reputation beyond repute
Quest Nutrition Bars

Has anyone else tried these ? If not you should.

These are without a doubt the best protein / nutrition bars I've ever had.

Amazon.com: Quest Nutrition Protein Bar Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Flavor, 2.12 oz,12 Count: Health & Personal Care

I've tried several flavors. The Vanilla Almond Crunch is probably my favorite, followed closely by the White Chocolate Raspberry, and the Peanut Butter Supreme.

They use a higher quality protein than most bars do and they have around 17 grams of fiber.

2- time WCBB Fantasy Football League Champion 2014 & 2016
Get your liquid egg whites here at EGG WHITES INTERNATIONAL

Old 03-08-2014, 12:02 AM
shortz shortz Is Off Line
Community Veteran

shortz has a reputation beyond reputeshortz has a reputation beyond reputeshortz has a reputation beyond reputeshortz has a reputation beyond reputeshortz has a reputation beyond reputeshortz has a reputation beyond reputeshortz has a reputation beyond reputeshortz has a reputation beyond reputeshortz has a reputation beyond reputeshortz has a reputation beyond reputeshortz has a reputation beyond repute
Chewing them makes my jaw tired though lol I prefer the detour bars that are like a Snickers.

I think I am going to make a few attempts at making my own bars.

BTW, dd you gear about the law suit against Quest nutrition? Apparently someone tested them and found the label to be way off. :/ What do you expect from the supp industry though?
Old 03-08-2014, 10:15 AM
AKA LUNATIC

alpineslide has a reputation beyond reputealpineslide has a reputation beyond reputealpineslide has a reputation beyond reputealpineslide has a reputation beyond reputealpineslide has a reputation beyond reputealpineslide has a reputation beyond reputealpineslide has a reputation beyond reputealpineslide has a reputation beyond reputealpineslide has a reputation beyond reputealpineslide has a reputation beyond reputealpineslide has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by shortz View Post
BTW, dd you gear about the law suit against Quest nutrition? Apparently someone tested them and found the label to be way off. :/ What do you expect from the supp industry though?
I've heard about it, but I also read that the label claims weren't as far off as indicated.

I'm sure the label claims aren't spot on all the time. I doubt that any of these types of products are.

Old 03-08-2014, 10:22 AM
AKA LUNATIC

A guy going by the name of Juggy38 on DatBtrue ( I'm assuming he's our very own Juggy here....Juggy is that you ? ) tested his blood glucose levels after eating Quest bars. I asked him about it and was told that they only increased his blood glucose 8-9 points, which isn't much.

Granted that doesn't say how much protein is in them, but the insulin response should be minimal.

Old 03-08-2014, 11:02 AM
AKA LUNATIC

I've been doing some reading on what you said Shortz.

It looks like diabetics aren't responding to it well. I'd like to see more blood glucose testing on non-diabetics. One thing I read was that they suspect the gut flora in diabetics if different than that of non-diabetics. The gut bacteria in the diabetics may be digesting the fiber to a larger extent than what a non-diabetic would.

Interesting...I'll keep reading up on it.

Old 04-23-2014, 06:45 PM
AKA LUNATIC

I was told by a local nutrition shop that the company who makes Quest bars are voluntarily suspending production due to a quality control issues regarding their products not living up to label claims.

That's probably not a bad thing if the company is taking it upon themselves to straighten things out....have to respect that.

Old 04-23-2014, 08:01 PM
cpizzle11 cpizzle11 Is Off Line
Donating Member

cpizzle11 is a jewel in the roughcpizzle11 is a jewel in the roughcpizzle11 is a jewel in the roughcpizzle11 is a jewel in the rough
They are delicious for sure!!!