World Class Bodybuilding   Forum

BulkSupplements Egg Whites International A1Supplements.com i-Supplements Strength.com VitaSprings Myprotein Beyondsupplements
Go Back   World Class Bodybuilding Forum > Diet and Nutrition > Diet and Health

Shoutbox

Diet and Health Weight loss support forum for all diets. Fitness discussion forum for weight loss, discuss weight and food issues unique to the dietng

Old 07-19-2019, 08:13 AM
Community Veteran

Boomer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomer has a reputation beyond repute
Kangen water .....

So a co-worker of mine is into this Kangen water thing.... pretty much there's a machine that you run the water through to increase the PH level.... so it turns the water to an alkaline state .... apparently effecting your blood PH . Now, studies have shown that cancer and other diseases cannot exist in such an environment.... so this stuff is supposed to change the PH balance, making you feel better and preventing disease ...
He has been giving me 4L jugs .... Thing I have found most interesting is that my intra-workout dissolves perfectly ....
Anyone out there use/have experience with this stuff? Apparently it's a huge thing in Japan......
Get your liquid egg whites here at EGG WHITES INTERNATIONAL

Old 07-19-2019, 08:31 AM
Community Veteran

blm has a reputation beyond reputeblm has a reputation beyond reputeblm has a reputation beyond reputeblm has a reputation beyond reputeblm has a reputation beyond reputeblm has a reputation beyond reputeblm has a reputation beyond reputeblm has a reputation beyond reputeblm has a reputation beyond reputeblm has a reputation beyond reputeblm has a reputation beyond repute
A client of mine has one she said it cost $1000 for the machine. She actually got it for her dog that had some rare disease that is related to alkalinity. She showed me before pictures of the dog. Remarkable night and day difference. Now, of course, they use it for their needs well.
Old 07-19-2019, 08:55 AM

Thanked 3,545 Times in 2,735 Posts
jipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond repute
Ok, so you drink water that is a PH of 8-10 on the super high end (7 being neutral) then you put it in a stomach containing acid with a PH of 1.5 to 3.5....

The stronger acid cancels out the Ph of the water leaving a less acidic environment.

This is great for people (animals) with acid production that is too high or bad stomach lining issues. For a normal healthy person it does nothing but hinder digestion of food and can help cause ulcers

That said here are a few excerpts from scientific articles with sources and refs from REAL scientists and not facebook. Not busting on you brother. I was all in and drank the koolaide when the whole alkaline water thing hit many years ago.
In further research I found that people equated a more neutral PH in the BLOOD (not the gut) was healthy and had many of the benefits espoused by the alkaline water marketing folk. Alkaline water has far less effect on blood PH than the foods we eat daily. it was a perception over proof kind of thing where people hypothesized but had no credible evidence. Anyway I stopped drinking it after I got ulcers (i was up to chugging 2 gallons ed at the end) Doc told me to stop. I did and guess what, ulcers went away.

This is one person's anecdote pertaining to this but it gave me a strong stance and opinion with science to back it up. i can also rebut most of the claims of "people felt so good they were almost high" after consuming it.

Biological Chemistry found that alkalosis (rising cellular pH) causes alkaline-induced cell death as a result of altering mitochondrial function.10

10 "Prevention of mitochondrial injury by manganese superoxide dismutase reveals a primary mechanism for alkaline-induced cell death”

There are some scientific studies that really argue against alkalinity, at least with respect to preventing or treating cancer. Consider the research by Robert Gilles, who has studied tumor formation and acidity.12 According to Gilles, tumors, by their very nature, make themselves acidic - even in an alkaline cellular structure. In other words, they make their own acidity. Scientists who are in the process of developing prototypes for potential new anticancer agents that selectively kill tumor cells by interfering with the regulation of intracellular pH , have found that alkaline treatments do NOT have the desired effect - but strongly acidic treatments do.13

12 RJ Gillies et al. “Causes and effects of heterogeneous perfusion in tumors,” Neoplasia August 1999; 1(3): 197-207
13 “Cytotoxicity of compounds that interfere with the regulation of intracellular pH: A potential new class of anticancer drugs”
13 “Cytotoxicity of compounds that interfere with the regulation of intracellular pH: A potential new class of anticancer drugs”

Vandoo "Yes, I lift faster."
The Following User Says Thank You to jipped genes For This Useful Post:
Boomer (07-19-2019)
Old 07-19-2019, 11:15 AM
Community Veteran

Boomer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomer has a reputation beyond repute
Jipped, thanks man, I wasn't sold on it anyhow, fuk, it's popular on FB so I am immediately suspect.... hence why I posted the question here..... if anyone has practical real world experience , it would be my brothers here
As far as feeling "almost high" when drinking it, if that were the case, call Me Mr I.V. hahahahahha....
Only thing I found is it does make my intra stuff disolve well, and I find I don't get acid guts as much as I did ( I do have high stomach acid).... but drinking it normally doesn't feel the best on the stomach tbh.........
Seems like a good thing but again, it looks to be mostly hype...
Oh, the personal machines here cost $2000.... the big ones you'd run for your overall water supply are $8000.......
Old 07-19-2019, 11:48 AM
The Flannel wearing Catnut!

3Vandoo has a reputation beyond repute3Vandoo has a reputation beyond repute3Vandoo has a reputation beyond repute3Vandoo has a reputation beyond repute3Vandoo has a reputation beyond repute3Vandoo has a reputation beyond repute3Vandoo has a reputation beyond repute3Vandoo has a reputation beyond repute3Vandoo has a reputation beyond repute3Vandoo has a reputation beyond repute3Vandoo has a reputation beyond repute
add lime
Boomer (07-19-2019), Genetic Freak (07-19-2019)
Old 07-19-2019, 06:47 PM
Genetic Freak Genetic Freak Is Off Line

Thanked 3,884 Times in 3,077 Posts
Genetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond repute
I would be careful in attempting to change the pH of my blood. It only takes of change of .2 to cause strokes, seizures, brain damage, organ failure and death.
Old 07-20-2019, 08:29 AM

Thanked 3,545 Times in 2,735 Posts
jipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Genetic Freak View Post
I would be careful in attempting to change the pH of my blood. It only takes of change of .2 to cause strokes, seizures, brain damage, organ failure and death.
Good point. I was not aware of that. I do know that a lot of unhealthy people have higher level of ammonia in their blood (blood acidosis or pre acidosis) due to poor diet and no exercise. I can see how this might seem to help them in their mind. But it is like taking a pain pill when you have a nail through your toe.

Get the nail out and it will heal. Leave it in and treat the pain and it will fester and end up being worse in the long run.

Vandoo "Yes, I lift faster."
Old 07-20-2019, 08:34 AM
Genetic Freak Genetic Freak Is Off Line

Thanked 3,884 Times in 3,077 Posts
Genetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by jipped genes View Post
Good point. I was not aware of that. I do know that a lot of unhealthy people have higher level of ammonia in their blood (blood acidosis or pre acidosis) due to poor diet and no exercise. I can see how this might seem to help them in their mind. But it is like taking a pain pill when you have a nail through your toe.

Get the nail out and it will heal. Leave it in and treat the pain and it will fester and end up being worse in the long run.
Yep. A .2 change is equal to blood being 100 times more acidic or basic. Like you mentioned that is why stomach acid is so important.