World Class Bodybuilding   Forum

BulkSupplements Egg Whites International A1Supplements.com i-Supplements Strength.com VitaSprings Myprotein Beyondsupplements
Go Back   World Class Bodybuilding Forum > Bodybuilding Fitness Training > Boxing

Shoutbox

Boxing Boxing forum with discussions on the latest boxing news, upcoming fights, results and boxing history

Old 07-21-2019, 09:11 AM

Thanked 3,545 Times in 2,735 Posts
jipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond repute
Manny Pacquiao vs. Keith Thurman

This was a competitive back and forth fight. Could have gone either way, In fact I think Thurman would have won the fight if it were not for him getting knocked down in the first with the last lunging right rear hook of a combo. This was a GREAT boxing match Action action action.....But with great skill from both fighters. Both guys fought to win and not fought not to loose. They were going for it. Paq's footwork and ability to pivot has not slowed, at least I cannot tell. Thurman is off a long layoff but looked quick and not rusty to me.

Thurman is an in and out fighter, he has great fades and when he comes in throws combos to the body and head. Paq is a lateral fighter, always moving side to side with incredible footwork then exploding with multi shot combos again body and head.

Thurman gained even more of my respect in his skill and his sportsmanship. Both guys put on a show!

Vandoo "Yes, I lift faster."
Get your liquid egg whites here at EGG WHITES INTERNATIONAL

Old 07-21-2019, 10:40 AM
Genetic Freak Genetic Freak Is Off Line

Thanked 3,884 Times in 3,077 Posts
Genetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond repute
The thing that pisses me off about the welterweight division is you have all these guys on the pound for pound list and none are fighting each other. I wonder how Thurman's loss is going to impact his ability to get fights against guys like Spence and Crawford?
Old 07-21-2019, 10:50 AM
Administrator

Thanked 8,389 Times in 5,505 Posts
Willis has a reputation beyond reputeWillis has a reputation beyond reputeWillis has a reputation beyond reputeWillis has a reputation beyond reputeWillis has a reputation beyond reputeWillis has a reputation beyond reputeWillis has a reputation beyond reputeWillis has a reputation beyond reputeWillis has a reputation beyond reputeWillis has a reputation beyond reputeWillis has a reputation beyond repute
What a stud
Old 07-21-2019, 10:13 PM
WCBB Veteran

Dakota has a reputation beyond reputeDakota has a reputation beyond reputeDakota has a reputation beyond reputeDakota has a reputation beyond reputeDakota has a reputation beyond reputeDakota has a reputation beyond reputeDakota has a reputation beyond reputeDakota has a reputation beyond reputeDakota has a reputation beyond reputeDakota has a reputation beyond reputeDakota has a reputation beyond repute
When every fight is a championship fight, No fight is a champion ship fight.
Old 07-22-2019, 06:10 AM

jipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Genetic Freak View Post
The thing that pisses me off about the welterweight division is you have all these guys on the pound for pound list and none are fighting each other. I wonder how Thurman's loss is going to impact his ability to get fights against guys like Spence and Crawford?
Agree, all the different sanctioning bodies. I think there are 3 legit ones WBC WBO and WBA. The champs should face one another. Then you have dozens of others trying to get a piece of the pie.

It waters down the sport. It makes being a champ less than what it should be.

Old 07-22-2019, 05:36 PM

Genetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond repute
I prefer the guys like Garcia and Porter who are kind of on the outside looking in. Because they are on the outside they take a chance at the bigger fights. I even like Khan, because he is willing to fight up, down it doesn't matter. He wants the biggest fight. I would say Lomenchenko is another guy willing to move up to get the biggest fights. Granted he is running out of room. He would be greatly undersized at 140 and I am not sure if any of the big names at 140 could/would move down to fight him. A Lomo/Pacman fight would be interesting.
Old 07-23-2019, 06:08 AM

Garcia is a warrior. Straight up. Many of the Mexican fighters have that mentality but do not have his skill. That is why he is such an entertaining fighter.

Lomenchenko is one of my favs. An incredible defensive boxer who does not mind to mix it up too. But he exchanges when it suits him.

I do miss the 70s and 80s. Boxing felt cleaner, at least to my eyes. I know it has always been crooked. But the fighters, love em or hate em were household names. Ask a schmuck on the street who Errol spence jr or GGG is and they will not know.

The Following User Says Thank You to jipped genes For This Useful Post:
Genetic Freak (07-23-2019)
Old 07-23-2019, 08:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jipped genes View Post
Garcia is a warrior. Straight up. Many of the Mexican fighters have that mentality but do not have his skill. That is why he is such an entertaining fighter.

Lomenchenko is one of my favs. An incredible defensive boxer who does not mind to mix it up too. But he exchanges when it suits him.

I do miss the 70s and 80s. Boxing felt cleaner, at least to my eyes. I know it has always been crooked. But the fighters, love em or hate em were household names. Ask a schmuck on the street who Errol spence jr or GGG is and they will not know.
I loved boxing from the mid 90's up until the mid 00's. The days of Barrera, Morales, Castillo, Corales, Trinidad, Quartey, Vargas, Ward, Gatti, Freitas and Burton. It was not that long ago. It just seems like it was, because after they stopped boxing there was no one there to pick it up. Those guys fought so hard, straight up wars. When you seen those guys at 30 years old they looked like they had been drug through grinder. No one dodge anyone. Trinidad fought everyone from 140 to 170, Camacho, Campas, Carr, Whitaker, De La Hoya, Reid, Vargas, Joppy, Hopkins, Wright, Mayorga and Roy Jones.