World Class Bodybuilding   Forum

BulkSupplements Egg Whites International A1Supplements.com i-Supplements Strength.com VitaSprings Myprotein Beyondsupplements
Go Back   World Class Bodybuilding Forum > Diet and Nutrition > Diet and Health

Shoutbox

Diet and Health Weight loss support forum for all diets. Fitness discussion forum for weight loss, discuss weight and food issues unique to the dietng

Old 07-29-2019, 07:57 AM
Community Veterinarian

Fit2bLarge has a reputation beyond reputeFit2bLarge has a reputation beyond reputeFit2bLarge has a reputation beyond reputeFit2bLarge has a reputation beyond reputeFit2bLarge has a reputation beyond reputeFit2bLarge has a reputation beyond reputeFit2bLarge has a reputation beyond reputeFit2bLarge has a reputation beyond reputeFit2bLarge has a reputation beyond reputeFit2bLarge has a reputation beyond reputeFit2bLarge has a reputation beyond repute
I IF 18/6 when looking to shed which I've been doing for 2+ years. I have a coffee in the AM, 1 scoop of collagen protein 25g and 1 tablespoon of MCT oil. I know technically anything over 50 calories breaks fast but this has worked well for me.
The Following User Says Thank You to Fit2bLarge For This Useful Post:
Machiavelli (07-29-2019)
Get your liquid egg whites here at EGG WHITES INTERNATIONAL

Old 07-29-2019, 12:35 PM
The Flannel wearing Catnut!

3Vandoo has a reputation beyond repute3Vandoo has a reputation beyond repute3Vandoo has a reputation beyond repute3Vandoo has a reputation beyond repute3Vandoo has a reputation beyond repute3Vandoo has a reputation beyond repute3Vandoo has a reputation beyond repute3Vandoo has a reputation beyond repute3Vandoo has a reputation beyond repute3Vandoo has a reputation beyond repute3Vandoo has a reputation beyond repute
I gained muscle on IF from 11pm to 5PM

but I gained muscle just looking at a steak
Old 07-31-2019, 06:19 AM

Thanked 3,545 Times in 2,735 Posts
jipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fit2bLarge View Post
I IF 18/6 when looking to shed which I've been doing for 2+ years. I have a coffee in the AM, 1 scoop of collagen protein 25g and 1 tablespoon of MCT oil. I know technically anything over 50 calories breaks fast but this has worked well for me.

Pretty much any calorie that you can metabolize breaks the fast according to Dr Rhonda. Even Black coffee can reduce the effectiveness as it takes liver enzymes to deal with the caffeine in the coffee and changes the way our body "fasts"

Any time you add fuel such as MCT it will drastically reduce or stop any benefit. Even protein which can be turned to carbs via gluconeogenesis.

I will say that your coffee and stuff is way better than an bacon egg and cheese sandwich with hot sauce and a side of hash browns.......damn, now I am hungry.

Vandoo "Yes, I lift faster."
Old 07-31-2019, 12:50 PM
Administrator

Thanked 2,481 Times in 1,907 Posts
MR. BMJ has a reputation beyond reputeMR. BMJ has a reputation beyond reputeMR. BMJ has a reputation beyond reputeMR. BMJ has a reputation beyond reputeMR. BMJ has a reputation beyond reputeMR. BMJ has a reputation beyond reputeMR. BMJ has a reputation beyond reputeMR. BMJ has a reputation beyond reputeMR. BMJ has a reputation beyond reputeMR. BMJ has a reputation beyond reputeMR. BMJ has a reputation beyond repute
It will still come down to calories eaten for the day, so yes, i'd recommend tracking your overall intake. What IF does is that it makes it harder to overeat since it usually confines to a restricted amount of time to eat...ie, 18/6. I use IF a lot when I am out of the gym for periods of time, because if not, I'd eat all damn day because I fukkin love food. I think it's more effective in a cutting or maintenance plan, rather than bulking plan...but again, it comes down to calories. I just prefer to feed my muscles more often during bulking so my meals are not so big for 2-3 per day (or allotted time frame)...easier to get the increased calories down adding more meals and time in. The added catecholamine increase from the fasting is pretty cool from IF, so that can be of benefit for many.

I'd recommend to not overcomplicate it, unless you are experimenting with it for the heck of things, which I do, lol. If you are a bigger guy and holding a lot of muscle, and if you are getting 3-4-500+ grams of protein in for your macro goals, IF can be more difficult. If you have lower protein needs and also rely on more carbs and fats, it is much easier.
Old 08-03-2019, 09:51 PM
Community Veteran

Machiavelli has a reputation beyond reputeMachiavelli has a reputation beyond reputeMachiavelli has a reputation beyond reputeMachiavelli has a reputation beyond reputeMachiavelli has a reputation beyond reputeMachiavelli has a reputation beyond reputeMachiavelli has a reputation beyond reputeMachiavelli has a reputation beyond reputeMachiavelli has a reputation beyond reputeMachiavelli has a reputation beyond reputeMachiavelli has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by jipped genes View Post
I eat at 1pm then again at 6 pm and done. Black coffee at 5:30am. I do not know if it messes with it but i cannot go without it.
Any examples of your meals and food quantity for these? they must be big meals
Old 08-06-2019, 06:05 AM

Thanked 3,545 Times in 2,735 Posts
jipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Machiavelli View Post
Any examples of your meals and food quantity for these? they must be big meals
Yesterday for instance.

1:30pm 1 can of tuna, dollop of miracle whip and mustard. Half an avocado and several strawberries and some whipped cream.

3:00pm Grabbed a protein bar at 7-11 and a bag of lays sour cream and onion....my will power was low.

6:00pm Rib eye steak maybe 8-10 oz, salad with home made dressing, baked potato with grass fed butter and hot sauce.

Not a ton of calories. I eat all day saturday and sunday (And enjoy a few cold beers) and still loose 1-2 lbs a week.

It is not about the physique really for me. Time restricted eating is about autophagy and the other benefits of the I.F. and TRE. I am sure I am missing out on a little mass not consuming large amounts of protein but I think many of us go overboard with protein and eat too much.

Vandoo "Yes, I lift faster."
The Following User Says Thank You to jipped genes For This Useful Post:
Machiavelli (08-06-2019)
Old 08-06-2019, 11:04 AM
Community Veteran

Machiavelli has a reputation beyond reputeMachiavelli has a reputation beyond reputeMachiavelli has a reputation beyond reputeMachiavelli has a reputation beyond reputeMachiavelli has a reputation beyond reputeMachiavelli has a reputation beyond reputeMachiavelli has a reputation beyond reputeMachiavelli has a reputation beyond reputeMachiavelli has a reputation beyond reputeMachiavelli has a reputation beyond reputeMachiavelli has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by jipped genes View Post
Yesterday for instance.

1:30pm 1 can of tuna, dollop of miracle whip and mustard. Half an avocado and several strawberries and some whipped cream.

3:00pm Grabbed a protein bar at 7-11 and a bag of lays sour cream and onion....my will power was low.

6:00pm Rib eye steak maybe 8-10 oz, salad with home made dressing, baked potato with grass fed butter and hot sauce.

Not a ton of calories. I eat all day saturday and sunday (And enjoy a few cold beers) and still loose 1-2 lbs a week.

It is not about the physique really for me. Time restricted eating is about autophagy and the other benefits of the I.F. and TRE. I am sure I am missing out on a little mass not consuming large amounts of protein but I think many of us go overboard with protein and eat too much.
I'm wanting to cut at this point anyway and I have faith in muscle memory, thanks for the post Jipped!