World Class Bodybuilding   Forum

BulkSupplements Egg Whites International A1Supplements.com i-Supplements Strength.com VitaSprings Myprotein Beyondsupplements
Go Back   World Class Bodybuilding Forum > Diet and Nutrition > Diet and Health > Diet - Fatloss Articles

Old 12-05-2015, 04:37 PM
basskiller basskiller Is Off Line
Administrator

Thanked 18,840 Times in 10,947 Posts
basskiller has a reputation beyond reputebasskiller has a reputation beyond reputebasskiller has a reputation beyond reputebasskiller has a reputation beyond reputebasskiller has a reputation beyond reputebasskiller has a reputation beyond reputebasskiller has a reputation beyond reputebasskiller has a reputation beyond reputebasskiller has a reputation beyond reputebasskiller has a reputation beyond reputebasskiller has a reputation beyond repute
The "E=MC^2" Diet

The "E=MC^2" Diet
Einstein had his theory of general relativity - I, too, feel like I have finally made a real contribution to the world (of dieting…and weightlifting…and being vain). How can I unify all the diet theories - the low carbohydrate, the low fat, the high protein, the vegetarian, the bodybuilder and the anorexic girl? This puzzle haunted me, it drove me mad. Then, lying on my bed in a fit of frustration, I had a moment of perfect clarity and insight (ok…ok, I was in the grocery store shopping for energy drinks…)

The Genesis of the Diet

The ideal diet is simple. The most successful of fad diets hinge on few rules consistently applied across the board to achieve results. The diets that require innovation, thought, and care are notoriously shunned by the masses who rush to embrace Atkins' promise that you can drink bacon grease because it has "no carbs". Diets like these survive.

As a bodybuilder (can I even still call myself that?) I understand weighing food, cooking without butter and making meal substitutes. I understand that protein is next to godliness and I shun catabolism. But as your daily non-bodybuilding obligations increasingly demand your time, you find you want to simplify the bodybuilder diet concept.

I will warn you that the diet I am setting out in this article is extremely limited. It consists of cottage cheese, cottage cheese and more cottage cheese. But it works. I promise.

The Basic Diet

Here is the basic principle of the diet, as expressed in this equation

E = MC^2

Or

Eat = Massive amounts of Cottage Cheese

For the purposes of this diet, take your current weight in pounds and divide it by 8. This is the number of cups of fat-free cottage cheese you must eat per day. Stay with me people. There is math involved, but I think the biggest muscle-head out there can handle basic division….if not, use a calculator or beat up some nerd until he does it for you.

Now, each cup of cottage cheese has 15 grams protein, 5 grams of carbohydrates, and zero grams of fat. Therefore, a cup also has about 80 calories. Now for the purposes of this diet, it is easier to talk in terms of pounds of cottage cheese and not cups. To convert cups to pounds, divide the number of cups by six (6).

Based on the foregoing, a 200lb athlete (my current diminished form) should eat 25 cups of cottage cheese (I actually eat 24 cups a day), or just over 6lbs of cottage cheese a day. That is 360 grams of protein, 120 grams of carbohydrates, and zero grams of fat; a total daily caloric intake of roughly 1920 calories. The above calculation is the only hard part about this diet and let me warn you that if you find that hard, you probably need more help than I can possibly provide you.

Now what kind of diet would this be without rules! We have to have rules, people! And here they are:

Necessary Rules

1. Whenever you want to cheat, eat more cottage cheese first, at least 2 cups, thirty minutes before you are about to binge. Trust me, as you will learn as you read on, you can transform cottage cheese into a taste orgy! Well, maybe not, but you can certainly find a way to actually enjoy eating it.

2. Eat at least 4 meals a day of cottage cheese - your fifth meal can be low fat high protein food source including chicken, lean steak or pork, fish along with a small amount of complex carbohydrates including brown rice, sweet potatoes and oatmeal.

3. Drink lots of water

4. Take a good multivitamin

5. Every day eat between 10-20 grams of healthy fats, including
a. Avocados
b. Fish
c. Olive Oil
d. Almonds

6. Eat plenty of dietary fiber - I cannot stress this point enough. Cottage cheese is not extremely "bowel" friendly and you must have plenty of fiber in your diet. Fiber serves a double duty here (no giggling). It helps you feel full and it…well…it moves things along towards their natural conclusion. If you cannot stomach the idea of drinking a fiber mix, I recommend using fiber supplement capsules.

Why Cottage Cheese?

Cottage cheese is a great food source. It is naturally high in quality protein (a mixture of whey and casein). It is slowly digested and slowly absorbed which means a constant delivery of amino acids. Slower gastric emptying also means you feel "full" which is a crucial component of any good diet.

Cottage cheese comes in a variety of "versions" each with a varying fat content. This diet is premised on the nonfat version and accordingly the diet is low in fat. Eating "zero" fat is not a good idea. Your body requires a modest intake of healthy fats and fat loss will come to a halt if you abstain entirely from dietary fat. The conventional wisdom in choosing fats applies here, which is why I recommended almonds, fish, olive oil and avocadoes. Make sure to get at least ten percent of you daily caloric intake from one of these fat sources. BR>
The only drawback to cottage cheese is that it does contain carbohydrates, in the form of sugars, which are less than ideal. However, in light of the overall favorable macronutrient profile, we can forgive the carbohydrates. If you are concerned because you are lactose sensitive, they do make cottage cheese for you. However, you will find the lactose free cottage cheese has a slightly higher carbohydrate content (no doubt to improve flavor).

Syrup, oh the Sweet Syrup - Also, the Section where I explain how not to go Insane

If you have been paying attention, you have probably deduced that I am talking about eating pounds of cottage cheese day in and day out. You are probably thinking you will kill yourself or someone dear to you if you are forced to eat that much cottage cheese. You are probably right…except for one thing.

Cottage cheese is a versatile culinary item. It can be eaten in a savory style (with spices, salt, pepper, etc) or sweetened with (artificial) flavorings and eaten as a desert. I prefer the latter. I spent a lot of time trying various flavorings to make cottage cheese more palatable and I discovered the Monin™ flavoring line. Monin's products are made for flavoring gourmet coffee and they produce about 20 sugar free flavoring including chocolate, strawberry, raspberry, caramel and my personal favorite blackberry. Monin's website is www.monin.com and you can order from them online. You can mix the flavoring into the cottage cheese with a spoon or you can dump the whole mess into a blender with a bit of crushed ice and make a very palatable smoothie. Either way, you will hardly notice you are eating something good for you, let alone a diet food.

Cardio & Cheat Days

I make no representations that this diet is so effective you don't need to do at least twenty minutes of cardiovascular exercise five (5) times per week. Cardio is a crucial component of any diet and I recommend, as usual, you do at least twenty minutes on an empty stomach each morning to jump start your metabolism.

Cheat days are also a part of every good diet. Mentally and physically, you just need to let go for twenty-four (24) hours and stuff your face with food. This replenishes your body, your mind, and keeps your metabolism from slowing to a snail's crawl. I recommend a cheat day every two (2) weeks.

Conclusions

On various versions of the above described diet I lost 20 pounds in two months and maintained a very lean body throughout a tremendously stressful period of my life. The high protein component of the diet kept my muscle mass up while the low carbohydrates and low fat helped me lean up. All in all, I had such great success with this diet I knew I had to share it with the world.

One of the side effects of this diet that quickly impressed me was the low costs of this diet. I was used to spending tons of money on chicken breasts and other lean "meat" protein sources as well as the host of protein shakes and powders. By using the tenants of this diet I found I did not have to buy protein shakes (to get whey protein) and I have an inexpensive high protein alternative to chicken breast. Lastly, cottage cheese stores easily in the refrigerator, does not have to be cooked and can easily be packed into a lunch or taken with you to school or work.

This diet requires a leap of faith but the basic diet "science" is sound. The macronutrient ratio is almost exactly what a trainer would recommend. The biggest problem with this diet is the potential monotony of eating the same damn thing day in and day out. As I suggested earlier, using flavored syrups will help a great deal. And if you are an inventive cook, you will find all kinds of creative uses for cottage cheese (cottage cheese stuffed shells?)

by: Grendel

W C B B Sponsors
Southern Sarms
Egg Whites International

.. Any advice given on this board is just an opinion and not to be taken as medical advice. WCBB doesn't advocate or condone use of steroids. Check the laws in your country. WCBB just provides the platform in which to discuss such matters
Get your liquid egg whites here at EGG WHITES INTERNATIONAL

Old 12-05-2015, 06:49 PM
Druss Druss Is Off Line
WCBB Veteran

Druss has a reputation beyond reputeDruss has a reputation beyond reputeDruss has a reputation beyond reputeDruss has a reputation beyond reputeDruss has a reputation beyond reputeDruss has a reputation beyond reputeDruss has a reputation beyond reputeDruss has a reputation beyond reputeDruss has a reputation beyond reputeDruss has a reputation beyond reputeDruss has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Now, each cup of cottage cheese has 15 grams protein, 5 grams of carbohydrates, and zero grams of fat. Therefore, a cup also has about 80 calories. Now for the purposes of this diet, it is easier to talk in terms of pounds of cottage cheese and not cups. To convert cups to pounds, divide the number of cups by six (6).

Based on the foregoing, a 200lb athlete (my current diminished form) should eat 25 cups of cottage cheese (I actually eat 24 cups a day), or just over 6lbs of cottage cheese a day. That is 360 grams of protein, 120 grams of carbohydrates, and zero grams of fat; a total daily caloric intake of roughly 1920 calories. The above calculation is the only hard part about this diet and let me warn you that if you find that hard, you probably need more help than I can possibly provide you.
the math is way off a cup is roughly half a pound, a cup being 233ml or 227g a pound being 454g

So 24 cups of cottage cheese would be 12 pounds of cheese not 6 and btw if you divide 24 by 6 it would be 4 pounds not 6....

Also calorie wise if you google 0% cottage cheese you will find no straight answer ranges anywhere from 80 cal to 120, and 1% easily 160 cal per cup.

So if the goal is 2000 cal a day if the cottage has 80 cals a cup it would be 24 cups a day or 12 pounds

if it has 160 cals (1%)it would be 12 cups or 6 pounds

if we up the fat content to 2% it would be 200 cal per cup so 10 cups or 5 pounds

If he was eating 6 pounds of cottage 0% as stated he was actually consuming about half of the calories he thought he was eating about 1000 cals/day, no wonder he lost weight

Last edited by Druss; 12-05-2015 at 07:00 PM.
Old 12-05-2015, 07:00 PM
wanabe wanabe Is Off Line
WCBB Veteran

wanabe has a reputation beyond reputewanabe has a reputation beyond reputewanabe has a reputation beyond reputewanabe has a reputation beyond reputewanabe has a reputation beyond reputewanabe has a reputation beyond reputewanabe has a reputation beyond reputewanabe has a reputation beyond reputewanabe has a reputation beyond reputewanabe has a reputation beyond reputewanabe has a reputation beyond repute
Nope not healthy at all where is the veggies and fruit