World Class Bodybuilding   Forum

BulkSupplements Egg Whites International A1Supplements.com i-Supplements Strength.com VitaSprings Myprotein Beyondsupplements
Go Back   World Class Bodybuilding Forum > Survivalist Prepper Area > All About Fishing

All About Fishing For all your fishing needs, knowledge, and stories.

Old 09-30-2020, 06:51 AM

Thanked 4,701 Times in 3,603 Posts
jipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond repute
HAHA! I feel ya Willis. I love trying new techniques. Especially when they work.

Vandoo "Yes, I lift faster."
Get your liquid egg whites here at EGG WHITES INTERNATIONAL

Old 10-11-2020, 09:29 AM

jipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond repute
Went to Caddo again, left Thursday got back last night. Fished the main lake. It was hard fishing. There was an invasive plant called salvinia EVERYWHERE. I fished weedless baits but they always got weeds on them. I fished a hollowbody frog and did not get one strike. (There were little frogs all over the top of the grass mats but they would not hit mine. Best bait was a white weightless stickbait drug across mats and pads then dropped off into pockets. But then I landed 1 out of 10 fish. (Tackle: Shimano curado reel, Denali med heavy action senko rod, 17 lb P-Line extra strength, yum dinger bait with a gamagatsu "heavy" hook.) That P-Line is strong enough to winch in a tanker but you loose casting distance with heavy line. I had a couple reels with 12 lb line and never used them as they would break off quick.

I caught a few small bass and 2 catfish on a senko. One was a channel cat the other was a flathead. I lipped the flathead and it bit my thumb. It is still sore, those dudes got a set of jaws! My buddy was watching and was laughing like a wild man. It was only maybe 3-4 lbs.

Founds some clear water but the fish just were not there. They were in the mats, not on the edges, we fished the edges almost all Friday with almost no bites. I paddled up into the muck and started dragging my yum dinger and got blowups and strikes on it. Like I said, 20 bites, 2 landed.

The first pic was the best spot we found but could not get many fish to the yak. I caught 2 bass and my pal caught 2. Then we both caught cats as well which is weird bass fishing but I like getting my line stretched. The cats were right on the cypress knees. Only broke off 1 time but spent a lot of time removing the weeds from my line. Still had a great time. The scenery was breathtaking, and my pals wife's parents own the lakehouse so we paid nothing for lodging. Oh, we put a brewmaster's kid through their first semester of college with as much beer as we drank. I need a detox.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg thumbnail (1).jpg (29.4 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg PXL_20201009_131947270.jpg (85.7 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg PXL_20201010_132956911.PORTRAIT.jpg (99.7 KB, 2 views)

Old 10-11-2020, 04:43 PM
Genetic Freak Genetic Freak Is Off Line

Thanked 5,246 Times in 4,042 Posts
Genetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond repute
Looks awesome brother. I believe the solunar period this weekend called for tough fishing, so I am not surprised. That has been a problem for me in recent years. When I had "me time" to do some fishing the weather or solunar periods sucked.
jipped genes (10-12-2020)
Old 10-21-2020, 06:41 AM

Going to try to get out this weekend and fish. Wind is high but it always is this time of year (N Texas actually has higher average wind speeds than Chicago, the Windy City.)

My buddy went out and prefished a club tourney. He caught 15 bass over 3 lbs! (The guy who won with a 3 fish limit was 15 lb 6oz.) All on wind blown main lake points near a creek. So the fish are staging up ready to head back to follow the shad.

He said he switched between medium dive chrome with blue back cranks, sexy shad lipless cranks and carolina rig with a watermelon color worm (Did not specify what type) when the crank bite with stuff slowed. He also caught a bunch of roamers on bladed jigs which I have no luck with. I will throw a spinner bait or this time of year a shad colored jerk bait fished fast and erratic.

Hope I get the time to go.

Old 10-21-2020, 06:43 AM
Community Veteran

Thanked 1,159 Times in 864 Posts
blm has a reputation beyond reputeblm has a reputation beyond reputeblm has a reputation beyond reputeblm has a reputation beyond reputeblm has a reputation beyond reputeblm has a reputation beyond reputeblm has a reputation beyond reputeblm has a reputation beyond reputeblm has a reputation beyond reputeblm has a reputation beyond reputeblm has a reputation beyond repute
Still in hot AF here. Chomping at the bit for a damn bon fire!
Old 10-22-2020, 06:43 AM

Going to try to go tonight. Big cold front moving through tomorrow. Should turn em on if I can find em. My buddy caught an 8 lb'r last weekend and a bunch of dinks. I want a big gal.

Old 10-23-2020, 08:45 AM

Big coldfront hit this morning. Went on the kayak last night for an hour before dark. It was dark when I strapped it down and headed home.

Set the hook on a really good fish. Fought it for a while and it got off at the yak splashing me from head to toe. I was using my spinning rod with light line for a finesse presentation. Did not get enough hookset. I bet it was bigger than 8lbs. Made me sick. Got one more bite but no fish. Paddled back in the dark sulking.

The Following User Says Thank You to jipped genes For This Useful Post:
Genetic Freak (10-23-2020)