World Class Bodybuilding   Forum

BulkSupplements Egg Whites International A1Supplements.com i-Supplements Strength.com VitaSprings Myprotein Beyondsupplements
Go Back   World Class Bodybuilding Forum > Survivalist Prepper Area > Survival food - hunting - hydroponics

Shoutbox

Old 04-09-2019, 08:36 AM
Genetic Freak Genetic Freak Is Off Line

Thanked 3,662 Times in 2,897 Posts
Genetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond repute
I used to run into black bears all the time hunting and hiking the Cascades. Even picked black berries about 10 feet from a black bear on the other side of the bush I did not see when I was on the Pacific Crest Trail. He paid me no attention. I only had 1 out of probably 100 encounters that was a problem. My brothers and I were out messing around on one of the old logging trails and we had one in the bushes huffing at us and being really aggressive. Never charged, but definitely scared the crap out of us. We used to see some big ones too, 500-600 pounds.

Old 04-09-2019, 11:25 AM
WCBB Veteran

Dakota has a reputation beyond reputeDakota has a reputation beyond reputeDakota has a reputation beyond reputeDakota has a reputation beyond reputeDakota has a reputation beyond reputeDakota has a reputation beyond reputeDakota has a reputation beyond reputeDakota has a reputation beyond reputeDakota has a reputation beyond reputeDakota has a reputation beyond reputeDakota has a reputation beyond repute
I left my .44 in my truck while trying my hand at fly fishing north of Fairbanks AK many years ago. I thought my BIL was in the brush behind me screwing with me. After yelling his name a couple times a bear started huffing and popping his teeth. I never saw it but I nearly shit myself. I got back to my truck and just decided I wasn't that interested in fishing that afternoon.
The Following User Says Thank You to Dakota For This Useful Post:
Genetic Freak (04-09-2019)
Old 04-11-2019, 06:13 AM

Thanked 3,255 Times in 2,501 Posts
jipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond repute
I saw a bear in the zoo once, it was sleeping. that is my bear story.

My bro was hiking in nor cal without me and said a bear followed him for several miles at 100 yards then wandered off. He was beat but he said no matter how tired he was, he was not going to stop and camp with that bear watching him.

Vandoo "Yes, I lift faster."
The Following User Says Thank You to jipped genes For This Useful Post:
Genetic Freak (04-11-2019)
Old 04-11-2019, 09:16 AM
Genetic Freak Genetic Freak Is Off Line

Thanked 3,662 Times in 2,897 Posts
Genetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by jipped genes View Post

My bro was hiking in nor cal without me and said a bear followed him for several miles at 100 yards then wandered off. He was beat but he said no matter how tired he was, he was not going to stop and camp with that bear watching him.
Sometimes the younger bears are curious and will do this if they have not had encounters with people. It also could have been a big boar looking for a snack. Either way it is still creepy.
Old 04-11-2019, 07:25 PM
Community Veteran

Pen Sillman has a reputation beyond reputePen Sillman has a reputation beyond reputePen Sillman has a reputation beyond reputePen Sillman has a reputation beyond reputePen Sillman has a reputation beyond reputePen Sillman has a reputation beyond reputePen Sillman has a reputation beyond reputePen Sillman has a reputation beyond reputePen Sillman has a reputation beyond reputePen Sillman has a reputation beyond reputePen Sillman has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by jipped genes View Post
Lol. Dude, that's lame. If you really want to learn about bears you have to view them in their natural habitat. Like Yogi and Boo Boo Bear in Jellystone park. I learned all I need to know about bears from that show. As long as you're not carrying a picnic basket you will be ok.
Old 04-18-2019, 06:01 AM

Thanked 3,255 Times in 2,501 Posts
jipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pen Sillman View Post
Lol. Dude, that's lame. If you really want to learn about bears you have to view them in their natural habitat. Like Yogi and Boo Boo Bear in Jellystone park. I learned all I need to know about bears from that show. As long as you're not carrying a picnic basket you will be ok.
You may be right.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg download.jpg (87.6 KB, 1 views)

Vandoo "Yes, I lift faster."
The Following User Says Thank You to jipped genes For This Useful Post:
Genetic Freak (04-18-2019)