World Class Bodybuilding   Forum

BulkSupplements Egg Whites International A1Supplements.com i-Supplements Strength.com VitaSprings Myprotein Beyondsupplements
Go Back   World Class Bodybuilding Forum > Diet and Nutrition > Supplement Discussion forums

Supplement Discussion forums Everything you want to know about supplements. Discussion forums for bodybuilding supplements regarding muscle gain and weight loss

Old 05-30-2020, 09:06 AM

Thanked 5,049 Times in 3,846 Posts
jipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond repute
Supplement timing

So we all take supps. Are you like me and just grab a handful of misc. caps, tabs and gels, throw em in your mouth and chug some water?

I have reasoned that different supps would be best to take at specific times of the day, with or without a meal, before or after training. But I never really looked into it until NOW!

So, if you are like me, it may behoove you to change the way you take your supps for maximum benefit. Also some supps may actually interfere with sleep, digestion, and counteract one another.

I am only scratching the surface so I will post up a few that I have looked into and you guys and gals can post how you do it and why. I want to know.

Magnesium: A great supp, almost 50% of people in the USA are deficient. Take at night before bed WITH calcium. Mag will help relax muscles and get better sleep. An empty or almost empty stomach is best time to take this. Be careful with high doses it can cause gastric distress. Real high doses can give you the trots.

Zinc: Supports natty test production, immune health, blood clotting, and may be anti viral. Empty stomach, night time is best. Do not take with iron as they compete for absorption. Zinc and magnesium together help with sleep.

B and C vitamins, potassium are water soluble so with or without food is fine so I take them with dinner. I always take with some food to prevent upset stomach.

Vitamin D3: Take with a meal, it is fat soluble so take it with your fish oil. Morning or lunch is good but not evening because D3 reduces the body's production of melatonin.

Fish oil: With a meal is all good. I always take it before a meal, normally one gel with breakfast and one with lunch. Have you ever taken fishoil before working out? Did you get the fish burps? Best to take away from training.

Probiotics: Take 30 minutes before a meal. Studies show you get the most benefit this way as the meal buffers the fat which can kill the "bugs" before they can benefit you.

Creatine: So most of us take it post workout. If you are just drinking a protein shake you are not getting all the benefits of this great supp. Creatine is shuttled into the muscles with insulin. So add some carbs to your PWO shake, OR you can take your creatine when you eat your frosted flakes in the morning. I do two 5gram doses. One with carbs (breakfast or lunch) and PWO as I normally eat dinner 45 minutes after consuming a small whey shake.

There are more. I will not make this post a mile long because no one reads the real long posts HAHA.

WHEN do you take WHAT and WHY.

Vandoo "Yes, I lift faster."
The Following User Says Thank You to jipped genes For This Useful Post:
Genetic Freak (05-30-2020)
Get your liquid egg whites here at EGG WHITES INTERNATIONAL

Old 05-30-2020, 08:28 PM
Genetic Freak Genetic Freak Is Off Line

Thanked 5,733 Times in 4,393 Posts
Genetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond repute
Since I only take vitamins and minerals I just take them in the morning.

No one gives a f**k about you once it inconveniences them.
The Following User Says Thank You to Genetic Freak For This Useful Post:
jipped genes (05-31-2020)
Old 02-15-2021, 04:18 AM
DGraves DGraves Is Off Line
Worldclassbodybuilder

DGraves is on a distinguished road
I agree that some supplements are better taken at certain times. For example, vitamins are best taken with a meal or after, it is usually written in the prescription. Thank you for such an article!