World Class Bodybuilding   Forum

BulkSupplements Egg Whites International A1Supplements.com i-Supplements Strength.com VitaSprings Myprotein Beyondsupplements
Go Back   World Class Bodybuilding Forum > Bodybuilding Fitness Training > Medical and Physical Therapy questions

Medical and Physical Therapy questions A place to talk about current and or past injuries and possibly how to deal with those injuries. Any advice should not be considered as medical advice, but rather from one person to another as you might ask a friend.

Old 11-26-2020, 09:32 AM

Thanked 5,045 Times in 3,844 Posts
jipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond repute
I am a huge fan of nootropics for anxiety. I do not really get depressed but I am sure they help with that too according to studies.

We do smokers about once every 2 months and if I have an opponent my coach will tell me so I can train for him. I get all knotted up worrying if I will be ready, if he will KO me and such. It is way counter productive. I started raking nootropics to counter this and it helps me about 75%. I still have a little but 25% is manageable.

Phenibut, Noopept, L-Theanine, Aniracetam, Bacopa Monnieri, and N-Acetyl L-Tyrosine are ones i have tried.

I have stuck with Noopept, Bacopa Monnieri, and N-Acetyl L-Tyrosine and take them with a vitamin B complex, 500 mg of magnesium, D3, and a mushroom complex (it has several diff kinds of shroom in it.)

It is a noticeable difference in how I feel and perform without the side effects of script meds.

It is pure anecdote but I have had good luck with it. Worth 15 minutes of research.

Vandoo "Yes, I lift faster."
Get your liquid egg whites here at EGG WHITES INTERNATIONAL

Old 11-26-2020, 10:46 AM
WCBB Veteran

jrod is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by jipped genes View Post
I am a huge fan of nootropics for anxiety. I do not really get depressed but I am sure they help with that too according to studies.

We do smokers about once every 2 months and if I have an opponent my coach will tell me so I can train for him. I get all knotted up worrying if I will be ready, if he will KO me and such. It is way counter productive. I started raking nootropics to counter this and it helps me about 75%. I still have a little but 25% is manageable.

Phenibut, Noopept, L-Theanine, Aniracetam, Bacopa Monnieri, and N-Acetyl L-Tyrosine are ones i have tried.

I have stuck with Noopept, Bacopa Monnieri, and N-Acetyl L-Tyrosine and take them with a vitamin B complex, 500 mg of magnesium, D3, and a mushroom complex (it has several diff kinds of shroom in it.)

It is a noticeable difference in how I feel and perform without the side effects of script meds.

It is pure anecdote but I have had good luck with it. Worth 15 minutes of research.
Have you ever tried tianeptine? I read some good things about that as well. Very similar to some of the nootropics you take.
The Following User Says Thank You to jrod For This Useful Post:
jipped genes (11-30-2020)
Old 11-26-2020, 01:13 PM

Thanked 2,900 Times in 2,490 Posts
millenium girl has a reputation beyond reputemillenium girl has a reputation beyond reputemillenium girl has a reputation beyond reputemillenium girl has a reputation beyond reputemillenium girl has a reputation beyond reputemillenium girl has a reputation beyond reputemillenium girl has a reputation beyond reputemillenium girl has a reputation beyond reputemillenium girl has a reputation beyond reputemillenium girl has a reputation beyond reputemillenium girl has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrod View Post
Have you ever tried tianeptine? I read some good things about that as well. Very similar to some of the nootropics you take.
No but Iím going to look into it.
Old 11-26-2020, 05:20 PM
WCBB Veteran

jrod is on a distinguished road
Has your anxiety improved whatsoever?
Hydroxyzine is a type of allergy med that is also used for anxiety. Not addictive like benzodiazepines
Old 02-16-2021, 05:09 PM
yellowmonkey yellowmonkey Is Off Line
Hi! I'm New Here!

yellowmonkey is on a distinguished road
FIRST, I want to say that:
A-I can NOT tell you what you SHOULD do and I do not intend to. If I seem like that, its my mistake
B-I am sharing what limited knowledge I have and I do so ALWAYS with the awareness that I could be WRONG or not up-to-date and I invite corrections and criticism if they allow me to learn.

I second things I have seen in earlier posts in this thread but want to add some things.

Mindfulness Meditation

(there are many ways this can be done if you are not accustomed to meditation or are uncomfortable doing it). it can be extremely unappealing to meditate once u've gotten used to a routine of distracting your mind instead of calming it. but it pays off, especially if you have someone to teach you (best way to start off. i do not suggest just watching a random YouTube video etc. it has become so popular that there are many BS ideas floating around the interwebs

AND

Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy
(there are many different kinds and can be more or less suitable for your issues and preferences. if i had to name one i would say it should include some manner of schemata therapy.

AND

Exercise
(proven to help with anxiety and depression and is calming for the mind, especially if you don't half-ass it but PUSH yourself enough to reach a limit, some form of exhaustion. some studies showed that some types of exercise are superior to others but imo it is wiser to simply find something you LIKE to do. and obviously also to accept that you might have to experiment a bit to find your groove. (in the apartment, don't wanna spend much time? --> burpees, no breaks until you HAVE to stop. done. repeat next day. it WILL help)

SOME SUPPS THAT MAY HELP WITH ANXIETY:

----L-Theanine: can help take the 'edge off'. i.e. it will not save u from clinical-level anxiety but it can certainly help with nervousness, restlessness and can improve your sense of wellbeing. it can be combined with caffeine in the mornings for example.

----Lemon Balm Extract (or as I like to call it, Nature's Benzo)(quality matters here)

----[[Tryptophan is used to produce serotonin in the brain and may help with anxiety. Aspartame has been shown to compete with tryptophan for entry through the blood-brain barrier, which can produce symptoms of anxiety (if you are extremely anxious, even chewing wrigley's gum can trigger panic...it depends A LOT on your individual needs.]]

Psych Meds that have helped me and what not to do:

----Effexor/Venlafaxine
(it has two core mechanisms: one that works on norepinephrine, which shows effects very rapidly, even the same day, in regards to anxiety and panic and the other component is serotonin reuptake inhibition, which starts to show its full therapeutic effect after 1 - 1.5 months. like a standard ssri/standard antidepressant does)-> this med saved my life

----Diazepam
for acute anxiety. will get you chemically hooked if you stay on it long term. its like an emergency parachute; if it gets so gnarly i cant think and go from numb to panicked crying, I pop one. (obviously if it gets to that point, other treatment is necessary lol. don't go skydiving with only the emergency parachute. in other words, its not gonna solve chronic anxiety. the same goes for benzos. they are not only NOT a solution for chronic issues, except for a very small fraction of people who may be treatment/med resistant or are so severely traumatized that it is necessary to save their nervous system from sustained extreme stress. Don't get yourself hooked on Benzos. It is no fun. Withdrawal from benzodiazepines and even benign seeming meds like Effexor can be HORRIFIC, as in you will be inpatient if you used it every day for a long time.

WATER AND CARBS

both dehydration and unstable/abnormal blood glucose levels can cause significant anxiety and most certainly exacerbate existing anxiety. it does so directly and indirectly via cognitive impairment (think 'brain fog'). for daily anxiety management/brain health and general health the following is worth considering.

----if you like oats, you are in luck because oats can be quite calming. i forgot the name of the compound responsible for the effect. your brain also needs carbs but ideally should not be exposed to ultra-refined carbs AT ALL.

----sugar is NOT your friend. if u need a pick-me-up to just give urself an occasional reward, go for it, but ultimately: ultra-refined carbs/high-glycemic carbs will INCREASE anxiety. and it might be a delayed effect but both sugar spikes and sugar crashes can cause symptoms of anxiety.

----water. then some more water. and some more. especially because you're probably dehydrated at least somewhat (cause pretty much all of us are not hydrated optimally. taking this out of the equation should be a priority. even very mild dehydration has direct impacts on cognitive capacities. the brain is among the first organs to be impacted by dehydration. perhaps the most, considering that executive function affects EVERY aspect of life. some examples: the body is likely to interpret dehydration as a signal to eat something, something sweet usually. that is your animal brain trying to get u to drink some water. not always! but u'll be surprised by how often the craving or hunger just dissipates after you restrained yourself long enough to drink some water.

One final thought in regards to the 'isolated in my apartment'-problem (a very real problem right now... .... me, i know):

I noticed that I was stuck on keeping my brain from thinking too much by staring at a screen in one manner or another. When I stop, turn everything off and just breathe and pay attention only to my senses for a minute, sometimes it calms me. But other times it makes me nervous as F*ck and I realize I am not helping myself anymore by playing another game or watching more tv or what have u... im just hiding. when that happens i suggest trying something different, as in an activity you've never done before. maybe u havent read a hardcover book in a while (can be very calming, someone else already mentioned that). it could be many things but i suggest (besides meditating obviously.. or afterwards, rather) that your brain needs stimulation. we are complex social beings. some of us are cooped up and deprived of social interaction and variety of all kinds... that will make anyone depressed and or anxious sooner or later, i wager. give your brain something new, so it doesnt just want to escape all the time. or try...
Old 02-17-2021, 04:35 AM
Rot-Iron66 Rot-Iron66 Is Off Line
Worldclassbodybuilder

Rot-Iron66 is on a distinguished road
Ever try Magnolia Extract. Seems to chill me out w/ out being tired. Most things that work put me sleep ( a horrible feeling during the average work day).