World Class Bodybuilding   Forum

BulkSupplements Egg Whites International A1Supplements.com i-Supplements Strength.com VitaSprings Myprotein Beyondsupplements
Go Back   World Class Bodybuilding Forum > Bodybuilding Fitness Training > Boxing

Boxing Boxing forum with discussions on the latest boxing news, upcoming fights, results and boxing history

Old 02-21-2021, 01:12 AM
Genetic Freak Genetic Freak Is Off Line

Thanked 5,733 Times in 4,393 Posts
Genetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond repute
Holy f**k! I hope Berchelt recovers from that beating.

No one gives a f**k about you once it inconveniences them.
Get your liquid egg whites here at EGG WHITES INTERNATIONAL

Old 02-21-2021, 01:16 AM
WCBB Veteran

Triple D Star has a reputation beyond reputeTriple D Star has a reputation beyond reputeTriple D Star has a reputation beyond reputeTriple D Star has a reputation beyond reputeTriple D Star has a reputation beyond reputeTriple D Star has a reputation beyond reputeTriple D Star has a reputation beyond reputeTriple D Star has a reputation beyond reputeTriple D Star has a reputation beyond reputeTriple D Star has a reputation beyond reputeTriple D Star has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Genetic Freak View Post
Holy f**k! I hope Berchelt recovers from that beating.
Reynoso working his magic, Valdez much improved on defense & a switch hitter now? Bud Crawford popularizing it now I guess.

I want a rematch but props to Valdez.
The Following User Says Thank You to Triple D Star For This Useful Post:
jipped genes (02-21-2021)
Old 02-21-2021, 10:35 AM

Genetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond repute
It was obvious the weight cut crushed Berchelt. His punches looked slower than some heavyweights.

Old 02-21-2021, 12:39 PM

Thanked 5,049 Times in 3,846 Posts
jipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond repute
Left hook to the chin. BOOM!

What a beating.

Vandoo "Yes, I lift faster."
Old 02-21-2021, 03:14 PM
WCBB Veteran

Triple D Star has a reputation beyond reputeTriple D Star has a reputation beyond reputeTriple D Star has a reputation beyond reputeTriple D Star has a reputation beyond reputeTriple D Star has a reputation beyond reputeTriple D Star has a reputation beyond reputeTriple D Star has a reputation beyond reputeTriple D Star has a reputation beyond reputeTriple D Star has a reputation beyond reputeTriple D Star has a reputation beyond reputeTriple D Star has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
It was obvious the weight cut crushed Berchelt. His punches looked slower than some heavyweights.
Yeah, something was off. The fight was moved from December to February because Berchelt got Covid right before the original December 12th date.

They’re saying he had symptoms up to late January & that affected his training & weight cutting. They’re bringing this up now though, if true then Berchelt or his team were irresponsible for getting in or allowing him in the ring.

But I mean, idk his financial situation or the pressure he was under by Top Rank or Valdez’s team.

He didn’t look the same though. Valdez looked much improved, his jab was landing from the jump & I knew he had power but Berchelt is as iron chinned as they come, I was surprised when he first lost his legs & I don’t think he ever recovered from that.

& like you said GF, his punches looked slow. Berchelt throws some of the best combinations in all of boxing imo & we didn’t see him attempt many & had trouble landing all night.

I’d like to see Berchelt VS Valdez again but they’re already talking about Valdez VS Stevenson.

I think Stevenson beats Valdez but I also think Stevenson will be too 5 pound for pound in the near future.
jipped genes (02-24-2021)
Old 02-21-2021, 03:16 PM
WCBB Veteran

As for Berchelt, I’d like to see him heal & take a tune up fight, sometimes fighters never come back from a loss like that but he’s 29, hopefully he can recover & maybe be world champion again.

I’d watch a Valdez VS Berchelt rematch again for sure & I hope we get it.
Old 02-21-2021, 03:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple D Star View Post
Yeah, something was off. The fight was moved from December to February because Berchelt got Covid right before the original December 12th date.

They’re saying he had symptoms up to late January & that affected his training & weight cutting. They’re bringing this up now though, if true then Berchelt or his team were irresponsible for getting in or allowing him in the ring.

But I mean, idk his financial situation or the pressure he was under by Top Rank or Valdez’s team.

He didn’t look the same though. Valdez looked much improved, his jab was landing from the jump & I knew he had power but Berchelt is as iron chinned as they come, I was surprised when he first lost his legs & I don’t think he ever recovered from that.

& like you said GF, his punches looked slow. Berchelt throws some of the best combinations in all of boxing imo & we didn’t see him attempt many & had trouble landing all night.

I’d like to see Berchelt VS Valdez again but they’re already talking about Valdez VS Stevenson.

I think Stevenson beats Valdez but I also think Stevenson will be too 5 pound for pound in the near future.
I was really surprised the ref let it continue after the first knockdown, since he was staggering. I guess Berchelt's reputation for being able to take punishment was enough for the ref to let him continue.

Old 02-21-2021, 07:50 PM
WCBB Veteran

Quote:
I was really surprised the ref let it continue after the first knockdown, since he was staggering. I guess Berchelt's reputation for being able to take punishment was enough for the ref to let him continue.
Yeah, idk if it’s valor or stupidity but Berchelt kept moving forward & being the aggressor & fought Valdez off enough to survive the round. I don’t blame Mora because although I don’t know Berchelt, I’m sure it’s exactly what he would have wanted & his corner was screaming at him to attack, it’s just the Mexican mentality. I was literally waiting for him to turn it up & specially when he was trying to get Valdez in the corner or against the ropes, that’s where Berchelt shines but he wasn’t his usual self, that first big shot that hurt Berchelt was in the temple area, maybe it was just the perfect spot & Berchelt was never able to recover. You could see he lost his balance immediately after but at some point it looked like he had recovered but looking back he might have never got his full equilibrium back, I never saw the big hook, uppercut combinations to the head & body that are his bread & butter, it was more like every time Berchelt tried to start off a combo, Valdez was able to either beat him with the jab, pivot out of the way or counter.

But yeah something was definitely off, I think it was a good entertaining fight but if the real Berchelt shows up this could be a classic rivalry.

& I’m not trying to take credit away from Valdez, Valdez looked much improved but Berchelt didn’t look like Berchelt.

But damn idk if it’s Reynoso or Cannelo but everybody that trains in that camp is all of sudden developing a killer left counter lol

Last edited by Triple D Star; 02-21-2021 at 07:55 PM.
Old 02-21-2021, 08:48 PM

Yep. I am still going to guess it was the weight cut. I know the feeling of a terrible weight cut. My lower body moves just fine, but my upper body feels slow and lethargic. Berchelt looked exactly like I felt.

Old 02-21-2021, 09:49 PM
WCBB Veteran

Quote:
Yep. I am still going to guess it was the weight cut. I know the feeling of a terrible weight cut. My lower body moves just fine, but my upper body feels slow and lethargic. Berchelt looked exactly like I felt.
It will be interesting what fight they make next, I’m a little biased but I would like for the Mexican battle to continue as it’s sure to be action packed. Stevenson would outbox & out point both of them & plus think Stevenson needs to move up, he’d be the bigger man against both but specially against Valdez

Berchelt has a huge Mexican following because he epitomizes “Mexican style” , Valdez won in a upset & his association with Canelo actually makes at least some Mexicans automatically dislike them.

Stevenson is a great boxer but he doesn’t have a box office style.

All of them are on TopRank though, so it’s up to your favorite promoter, Bob Arum lol