World Class Bodybuilding   Forum

BulkSupplements Egg Whites International A1Supplements.com i-Supplements Strength.com VitaSprings Myprotein Beyondsupplements
Go Back   World Class Bodybuilding Forum > Survivalist Prepper Area > All About Fishing

All About Fishing For all your fishing needs, knowledge, and stories.

Old 02-22-2021, 10:24 AM
Genetic Freak Genetic Freak Is Off Line

Thanked 5,733 Times in 4,393 Posts
Genetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by jipped genes View Post
GF, I assumed reds would be tougher. They can withstand far lower O2 in the water and higher temps. But specks are the better eating fish IMO. Looks like it really hit the trout hard as well as the fairly small tarpon population in the gulf. Tx parks and wildlife is mulling over reducing bag limits of trout and other gamefish to a fraction of what they are now to get the population back up. Happened back in 88-89' and millions of specks died from the cold. Took years to bring back the population.

Estrogen guy, you can catch peacock bass in Florida. I watch vids of guys catching them and all sorts of cool fish. I would love to go to the amazon to fish for them but Florida no need for international travel, way closer and you can get them from the bank or a kayak.

https://www.flpeacockbass.com/best-s...-bass-fishing/

This was just one of many vids. Never seen it but you will get the drift.

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
That is why I fish LA. Even if they cut their bag limits in half you can still keep more than TX.

No one gives a f**k about you once it inconveniences them.
Get your liquid egg whites here at EGG WHITES INTERNATIONAL

Old 02-25-2021, 08:19 AM

Thanked 5,049 Times in 3,846 Posts
jipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond repute
I do not keep many fish. My fam is not a fan and I am terrible at filleting.

So bag limits are not my concern.

I think I am going to go to Florida. Maybe St Lauderdale and do some Peacock bass fishing next month.

My wife has been working sick hours and pulled in $7,500 worth of bonuses in December and $4K this month. She has always wanted to see manatees so kill 2 birds with one stone.

I put the bug in her ear and she has run with it.

I will let y'all know. I wanna catch peacocks BAD!

Vandoo "Yes, I lift faster."
Old 02-25-2021, 10:42 AM
Genetic Freak Genetic Freak Is Off Line

Thanked 5,733 Times in 4,393 Posts
Genetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond repute
I am hitting LA in June.

No one gives a f**k about you once it inconveniences them.
Old 02-27-2021, 11:12 AM

Thanked 5,049 Times in 3,846 Posts
jipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond repute
Oh yeah. We are going to go. We plan on staying in Ft Lauderdale a few days then going to the keys.

Hope to catch some peacocks and then some saltwater fish too.

The weather here has warmed up. We had a strong rain and the temp in the low 50s that should raise the water temps. I have heard from other fishermen that is was in the mid 30s last week. Should be in the mid 40s now with the sun and warm 70 degree weather.

Hope next week we have stable weather and I will go out and fan cast a red rattle trap around flats near creek channels and deep water.

Vandoo "Yes, I lift faster."