World Class Bodybuilding   Forum

BulkSupplements Egg Whites International A1Supplements.com i-Supplements Strength.com VitaSprings Myprotein Beyondsupplements
Go Back   World Class Bodybuilding Forum > Bodybuilding Fitness Training > Bodybuilding and Fitness Training Journals

Bodybuilding and Fitness Training Journals Keep track of your daily training routine. An interactive way to track your progress. Have others follow and help with your progress

Old 01-11-2020, 09:48 AM

Thanked 3,854 Times in 2,978 Posts
jipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond repute
Leaving to go home saw a fire fighter buddy We chatted and he asked what I was about to do. I said go to the gym. He told me they were about to do a WOD (workout of the day) when he finished his paperwork at HR. I said maybe....he called me a pussy so I went. (Why is it so easy to goad a man into doing something by questioning his masculinity HAHA)

Got home and changed. Big dose of EK.
Jack in the box.......

1000 Meter Run
75/50 Calorie Row
10 Bar Muscle-Ups
40 Dumbbell Box Step-Ups (50/35# to 24"/20")
10 Bar Muscle-Ups
75/50 Calorie Row
1000 Meter Run

1000 meter run I was golden. Heartrate 130 +- at the end. I did the 10 muscle ups pretty good but struggled for the last couple (I never do them on my own)
Box stepups with 2x25# I used the 24" box so as not to get called a sissy. JEEZUZ PETE, my legs were screaming! 20 went by pretty easy but the last 20 were progressively worse. I have skinny legs. These firefighters are used to carrying all their gear up stairs all day. I finished.
I got about 5 muscleups before I came down and rested. I got em all but it was hard. Some of the young guys were DONE with the WOD!
75 calorie row.....I do not row. They have the machines at my gym but my back is sore after (Like sciatica not DOMS) I was a sweaty mess when I finished. There were 2 guys left. One was on his run the other finished when I did (Bat Chief about 55 years old)
The run, I waited about 30 seconds for the Chief to finish. Gave me just a little time to recover and catch my breath. We ran without a word. Side by side. right up until the last 50-60 meters and he bolted....

I gave chase and we sprinted with the whole Bat cheering for the Chief. Call me a sissy but I had speed on him and could have beat him but I let him win. I could have had him by a couple of meters for sure. We shook hands, the fire guys (and cops) are cool as hell and have no prob with me working in when there is room.

I think me and the Bat Chief bonded a little. We talked and he has a bass boat. He told me he would take me fishing in the spring. I have to buy lunch......

I love the comradely of crossfit but it wears my body down and the aches and pains keep me from other things for a few days. i like doing it with the police too as I finish in the top 30%. Our fire guys are legit.

I did a 30 gram protein shake with no fat added BCAAs for recovery.

My friend called and asked us to go to Indian food last night, at first I was like "KETO" then I was like "I AM IN" blew my keto big time........It's all good I was going to carb up anyway for the smoker at my camp this morning. Man that was a bad idea doing that workout the DAY BEFORE hard sparring. HAHA But.....call me that name and I will do just about anything.

Note.....yesterday it was 72 degrees when I left crossfit, last night, .......ial rain and tornado warnings, today it is 31 degrees and .......IT IS SNOWING!

Maybe these folks will not drive down as it is a 1.5 hour drive in shitty conditions.....

Vandoo "Yes, I lift faster."
Get your liquid egg whites here at EGG WHITES INTERNATIONAL

Old 01-11-2020, 02:19 PM
Genetic Freak Genetic Freak Is Off Line

Thanked 4,165 Times in 3,283 Posts
Genetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond repute
Sounds like a good workout brother. That is why when I do CrossFit workouts I pick and choose which ones I want to do. Anything that has box jumps I am generally out. Not that I do not like doing box jumps, but you tend to get sloppy towards the end.
millenium girl (01-12-2020)
Old 01-11-2020, 07:26 PM

jipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond repute
Me too, I do not do it too often as I always do prescribed weight and it is too heavy for me. I am a skinny guy. I want to be strong but not broken.

I went to camp, the other team showed. We have done smokers with them several times and consider them friends. I reffed 6 matches. (3 minutes per rounds three rounds for each)

I then sparred with one of their guys. He is about my size. A little heavier but shorter by 2-3 inches. I am leaner but he hits HARD! He is also 45 years old so I am 6 years older but I think in better shape. His boxing was better than mine so I kicked the shit out of him every time I felt punch coming. At one point He would throw a lead right and crack me and I would immediately throw a hard leg kick while he has his weight forward. We backed off each other to regroup and started laughing when I shook my head and he shook out his leg at the same time.

Made the rest of the guys and gals crack up too. We pretty much were even the first round. Second I was able to fake kicks and land punches far better. Especially my jab. Coach told me to do this and then when he feels a punch, throw the kick and then a jab to prevent a counter and disrupt. I took plenty too. He started kicking more in close as his legs were shorter. I caught his knee on my upper thigh mostly, a couple no prob but I am limping now.

He got more aggressive as the bell rung 30 seconds (Just a training clock, it chimes 30 seconds before the end of the round) He bullrushed and landed punches that spun my wits a bit. I clenched and threw knees but they had nothing i got a couple but he did not even grunt. He did the same but they had nothing either. just touches.

The last five seconds was us just clenched up like a couple of mating raccoons breathing heavy through open mouths to stay conscious kind of fighting and kind of just praying the round would end.

We went back to our corners barely able to stand. Our coaches called it. Our peers clapped for us old guys even though we would have been beaten down by the young fellas.

It was fun. I will be sore for 3-4 days. My beak is swollen but not broken. my hands are a little sore. upper left leg and hip flexor are in pain. My neck hurts too from my head getting snapped back from his straight right. I know he was hurting too. I kicked him 12-14 times right above his right knee with my shin. (I kick HARD) Only tendon there. he will limp for a week or more. His face looked fine but his nose bled a little. Also I kicked his body 2-3 times clean on his left side which had toe print bruises on his back. We wore 16oz gloves which seemed like 5 pounds each by the end, and shin guards. When I train I wear thick leather fairtex, when we do smokers I use cloth century guards. I can feel my shin on leg bone they are so thin. He has similar. And of course sparring headgear. Thicker than regular with better cheek protection.

After we had pizza and beer.Like I said our teams are close. I sat with my guy and we laughed and joked and talked about next time. The young fellas busted our balls us about gassing out after 2. We told em see how they feel after 40. It was all good. I will not train until tuesday.

BTW pizza ain't keto.........I think I will be done for a while. I weighed after eating on a certified scale with just my trunks. 63.8 pounds. (I had 2 slices of pie and a brew so figure a little lighter.) I could see my abs I reckon 14%ish. I still have that little bit below the belly button and love handles. Not much but just enough to jiggle. I loose fat fast when I am strict!

Drinking a brew right now. Took 3 ibuprofen and a muscle relaxer. My calves are cramping. I do wonder if I would have done better today if I did not wreck myself yesterday and then do all the rounds reffing.

Probably will not post much anymore as I have nothing particularly interesting to blog about.

Old 01-12-2020, 12:03 AM

Genetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond repute
That is awesome brother. Yeah, wait till those younger guys hit 40 and they will not be laughing anymore.
Old 01-12-2020, 09:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genetic Freak View Post
That is awesome brother. Yeah, wait till those younger guys hit 40 and they will not be laughing anymore.
I feel it today man, mild headache radiating up from my neck. Cheeks and forehead are sore to the touch but no swelling. Nose is swole just a little and HURTS when I blow it to get the blood boogers out.

ribs are all good, they do not hurt at all! Stomach is sore but muscle sore from use. My abs always get sore after 100% sparring.

Left leg is good but my bad knee is pissed at me. Not bad.

All in all I bet I am better off than him. I text him this morning he has not text back but he is probably a late sleeper.

You find a lot about yourself when fighting. I mean like you GF, you are a real warrior. Me I am just a guy who does it. I know real warrior guys (We have a former Marine who served in Iraq.) He gets giddy with excitement on hard spar days and has trouble with control on 50% days. He loves fighting.

Me I am self aware, it is a chore that I must do to get better. I like light sparring a lot. But I do not like the damage that comes with heavy sparring. Especially to my brain.

I figure it like this, at least I know I can and will fight if I have to. Many guys just whine and cower and get beat. If I have to I will take a whipping but never look for a fight and always try to avoid if possible. Lastly it took years for me to be as comfortable as I am now in the ring. I was the wimp who accepted the beating and never fought back for fear of making it worse. 13 years of ring sport has fixed that.

The Following User Says Thank You to jipped genes For This Useful Post:
Genetic Freak (01-12-2020)
Old 01-12-2020, 01:24 PM

Thanked 2,713 Times in 2,342 Posts
millenium girl has a reputation beyond reputemillenium girl has a reputation beyond reputemillenium girl has a reputation beyond reputemillenium girl has a reputation beyond reputemillenium girl has a reputation beyond reputemillenium girl has a reputation beyond reputemillenium girl has a reputation beyond reputemillenium girl has a reputation beyond reputemillenium girl has a reputation beyond reputemillenium girl has a reputation beyond reputemillenium girl has a reputation beyond repute
Very nice workouts jipped!

I always have cramps in my calves. Very painful too.
Old 01-12-2020, 06:31 PM
Lumpy Moderator

Thanked 4,772 Times in 3,045 Posts
Glycomann has a reputation beyond reputeGlycomann has a reputation beyond reputeGlycomann has a reputation beyond reputeGlycomann has a reputation beyond reputeGlycomann has a reputation beyond reputeGlycomann has a reputation beyond reputeGlycomann has a reputation beyond reputeGlycomann has a reputation beyond reputeGlycomann has a reputation beyond reputeGlycomann has a reputation beyond reputeGlycomann has a reputation beyond repute
Nice that you can spar. Sounds like you are in great shape.
Old 01-14-2020, 06:48 AM

I get them after I train sometimes MG. My calves are skinny but like iron. We are on the balls of our feet the whole time we train. Sparring is much more dynamic movement and after I normally use a roller on them and take a magnesium.

Glyco, for an old man I guess I am. I have done 7 + rounds of light sparring and felt great but 100% uses exponentially more gas. Anyone ever done any combat of any kind with repercussions understands. I cannot imagine a soldier having to fight for not timed rounds but possibly hours having to hold that state.

Old 01-14-2020, 01:18 PM

Thanked 2,713 Times in 2,342 Posts
millenium girl has a reputation beyond reputemillenium girl has a reputation beyond reputemillenium girl has a reputation beyond reputemillenium girl has a reputation beyond reputemillenium girl has a reputation beyond reputemillenium girl has a reputation beyond reputemillenium girl has a reputation beyond reputemillenium girl has a reputation beyond reputemillenium girl has a reputation beyond reputemillenium girl has a reputation beyond reputemillenium girl has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by jipped genes View Post
I get them after I train sometimes MG. My calves are skinny but like iron. We are on the balls of our feet the whole time we train. Sparring is much more dynamic movement and after I normally use a roller on them and take a magnesium.

Glyco, for an old man I guess I am. I have done 7 + rounds of light sparring and felt great but 100% uses exponentially more gas. Anyone ever done any combat of any kind with repercussions understands. I cannot imagine a soldier having to fight for not timed rounds but possibly hours having to hold that state.
First of all you're not old. You train like a 30 years old.
I take magnesium but still have bad cramps.
jipped genes (01-15-2020)
Old 01-14-2020, 07:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jipped genes View Post

Being in the ring and combat both induces fight or flight. The same thing that gets you through a fight in the ring is what gets you through a fight in combat. You just go, because you have to. You do not even think about it. I was in pretty steady combat for around 120 hours. It was mission after mission with no rest for 5 days. Firefights, medevacs, movement to contacts, etc... You do not even think about how hard it is/was until it is done and your body just gives out. My entire platoon endured and not one complained or quit. It was 5 of the greatest days of my life followed by the greatest 12 hours of sleep in my life!

Most people do not know what they are capable of until they are tested.
Glycomann (01-18-2020), jipped genes (01-20-2020)