World Class Bodybuilding   Forum

BulkSupplements Egg Whites International A1Supplements.com i-Supplements HideMyAss
Go Back   World Class Bodybuilding Forum > Bodybuilding Fitness Training > Powerlifting Strongman

Shoutbox

Powerlifting Strongman Discussion on powerlifting, strength and more, including the squat, dead lift, and bench press

Old 07-01-2017, 01:09 PM
chicken_hawk chicken_hawk Is Off Line
Community Veteran

chicken_hawk has a reputation beyond reputechicken_hawk has a reputation beyond reputechicken_hawk has a reputation beyond reputechicken_hawk has a reputation beyond reputechicken_hawk has a reputation beyond reputechicken_hawk has a reputation beyond reputechicken_hawk has a reputation beyond reputechicken_hawk has a reputation beyond reputechicken_hawk has a reputation beyond reputechicken_hawk has a reputation beyond reputechicken_hawk has a reputation beyond repute
E Book Review of A Thoughtful Pursuit of Strength

My review of:
A Thoughtful Pursuit of Strength by Chad Wesley Smith

Ok, so as an amatuer pling programmer I truly enjoy the theory of programming a routine more than actually competing. Not so much the actual science of muscle contractions, but setting up sets, reps etc...

So, in this vain I purchases the above ebook and was pleased with my $37 purchase. In a few words it was perfect for me...maybe not everyone...but I benefited from it. The book discusses the hows and whys of creating a strength routine. It is well written in laymens language and for better or worse doesn't get too sciency. It does however discuss all aspects of training and how they relate to the other aspects of training.

For me it helped to put all the experiences I have had and seen into a clear picture. It was like I was looking through a muddied lense and couldn't make out how sheiko, smalov, 5-3-1 and westside all fit together. It gives you a big clear picture of recovery, training effects and organization of a routine. The book does not give you details on exact sets and reps. So, if you are looking for a book to plug in some numbers and incrase your total then this is not it. But, if you want to know why your routine is or isn't working then this is the book for you.

For what it is and for how it helped me I am giving it 4/5. I would have liked to see some more examples of putting the science into practice. That being said the book lives up to its name sake.

Hawk
Get your liquid egg whites here at EGG WHITES INTERNATIONAL