World Class Bodybuilding   Forum

BulkSupplements Egg Whites International A1Supplements.com i-Supplements Strength.com VitaSprings Myprotein Beyondsupplements
Go Back   World Class Bodybuilding Forum > Bodybuilding Fitness Training > Bodybuilding and Fitness Training Journals

Shoutbox

Bodybuilding and Fitness Training Journals Keep track of your daily training routine. An interactive way to track your progress. Have others follow and help with your progress

Old 09-17-2018, 11:35 AM
Community Veteran

Thanked 1,647 Times in 1,368 Posts
trip has a reputation beyond reputetrip has a reputation beyond reputetrip has a reputation beyond reputetrip has a reputation beyond reputetrip has a reputation beyond reputetrip has a reputation beyond reputetrip has a reputation beyond reputetrip has a reputation beyond reputetrip has a reputation beyond reputetrip has a reputation beyond reputetrip has a reputation beyond repute
man, I cannot imagine the focus for so long, impressive imho

looking great imho
The Following User Says Thank You to trip For This Useful Post:
snowpatrol (09-17-2018)
Get your liquid egg whites here at EGG WHITES INTERNATIONAL

Old 09-21-2018, 11:01 AM
WCBB Veteran

snowpatrol has a reputation beyond reputesnowpatrol has a reputation beyond reputesnowpatrol has a reputation beyond reputesnowpatrol has a reputation beyond reputesnowpatrol has a reputation beyond reputesnowpatrol has a reputation beyond reputesnowpatrol has a reputation beyond reputesnowpatrol has a reputation beyond reputesnowpatrol has a reputation beyond reputesnowpatrol has a reputation beyond reputesnowpatrol has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by trip View Post
man, I cannot imagine the focus for so long, impressive imho

looking great imho
Thank you!

Weight 225

Pushing that number down, hoping to see 224.0 tomorrow morning which would give me 2 weeks to come down another 4lbs (sans water drop, which in my coach's opinion is ideal)

Energy level: shit, I'm basically narcoleptic

Training: meh, I have about 8-10 sets worth of effort before it's basically just going through the motions

Cardio: I've done an hour for a lot longer period than this before, not sure why it seems so challenging...maybe the lack of sleep

Diet: I've been quite hungry this week, definitely the hungriest I've been in awhile but have kept things 98% on track food-wise

Supplements:

400mg test/wk
400mg masteron prop
600mg eq
300mg tren
50mg/d winstrol
100mcg clen 2 days on / 1 day off
12.5mcg/d cytomel
0.5mg adex EOD

No proper progress pic updates until tomorrow AM but since I shaved I've been taking a few more 'swolfies'

Old 09-26-2018, 03:09 PM
WCBB Veteran

snowpatrol has a reputation beyond reputesnowpatrol has a reputation beyond reputesnowpatrol has a reputation beyond reputesnowpatrol has a reputation beyond reputesnowpatrol has a reputation beyond reputesnowpatrol has a reputation beyond reputesnowpatrol has a reputation beyond reputesnowpatrol has a reputation beyond reputesnowpatrol has a reputation beyond reputesnowpatrol has a reputation beyond reputesnowpatrol has a reputation beyond repute
Weight 223

Well I was just a cunthair under 220 for a brief instant Saturday morning, but I think that was a fluke because since then I've been hovering between 224 and 223.

As of yesterday my carbs are under 100, protein is still over 400 and cardio is 1hr of 120bpm/day

Leg day last night went surprisingly well with the low carbs but generally speaking my workouts are getting slower, shorter and shittier all at the same time

Last edited by snowpatrol; 09-27-2018 at 03:26 PM.
Old 09-27-2018, 05:12 AM
Community Veteran

Thanked 1,647 Times in 1,368 Posts
trip has a reputation beyond reputetrip has a reputation beyond reputetrip has a reputation beyond reputetrip has a reputation beyond reputetrip has a reputation beyond reputetrip has a reputation beyond reputetrip has a reputation beyond reputetrip has a reputation beyond reputetrip has a reputation beyond reputetrip has a reputation beyond reputetrip has a reputation beyond repute
thanks for the picx
The Following User Says Thank You to trip For This Useful Post:
snowpatrol (09-27-2018)
Old 10-10-2018, 03:38 PM
WCBB Veteran

So, it's been a little bit since I updated this...life got hectic in the couple of weeks prior to my last (first of two) shows

It's still hectic but I'm feeling burnt out at work today so I will take a few minutes to upload a few pictures and try to recall the key events

For whatever reason I hovered in the 223-225 range for the final ("peak") week going into the show, so weigh-ins were challenging. We opted to weigh in as early as possible (around 3:30) to give me a couple-of-hour buffer in case I was still heavy. I wasn't, but that meant cutting water the night before (thursday) at 7pm which most will recognize is suboptimal for a saturday morning pre-judging.

No food and 1.5hrs cardio friday got me down to 219 which is 1lbs under the 220 cap for my height (6' 1/2" on their measuring stick). I ate a bunch of oats, rehydrated a little (roughly 3L of fluid) until 8pm then took a half dyazide, cut water and tried (unsuccessfully) to sleep...cut my posing music and put on a USB stick.

The next morning I took another half dyazide, ate some eggs, oats and protein powder and headed to the venue, ate the rice out of a chicken and rice meal and got my spray tan touched up. We took the stage around 10am, if I had to guess. They broke our 9 person class into two uneven callouts, the top 3 and then the bottom 6. First they judged us (top 3) and I was in second place with 4 votes to 1. They kicked us off to the side of the stage, judged the second call out then brought us back out. Here I must have ....ed something up, because I lost two votes and ended up in third place.

I wasn't overly upset about losing to the first place guy, who took the overall by a wide margin since I've been up against him at nationals before...he flew in from Ontario for some reason, which was obviously a bit of a dick move for a regional show, but that's not my problem. For me, the disappointment stemmed from first having, then losing second place, which I thought was solidly mine based on shape, conditioning and even posing.

I have no one to blame but myself, I'm certainly not questioning that the judges saw what they saw and scored accordingly. I'll do better in 1.5 weeks at the national pro qualifier that I just finished registering for a few minutes ago.

Here are a few pictures from the athlete's meeting the night before and the day of the show...

219 at weighins:

224 morning of the show:

Mid day, after PJ / before finals:

Third place (night show, roughly 226lbs):

Last edited by snowpatrol; 10-10-2018 at 04:40 PM.
Old 10-12-2018, 10:09 AM
WCBB Veteran

I'm back down to 224 and change this morning, the plan is to get as close to 220 by next Friday as possible so that weigh-ins aren't as much of a fight

http://www.canadianproqualifier.com/
Old 10-12-2018, 01:37 PM
Community Veteran

Location: with dogs, goats, donkeys, chickens and a miniature pig...
Thanked 2,668 Times in 2,345 Posts
Big B has a reputation beyond reputeBig B has a reputation beyond reputeBig B has a reputation beyond reputeBig B has a reputation beyond reputeBig B has a reputation beyond reputeBig B has a reputation beyond reputeBig B has a reputation beyond reputeBig B has a reputation beyond reputeBig B has a reputation beyond reputeBig B has a reputation beyond reputeBig B has a reputation beyond repute
Damn bro, you look great! Congrats my man!!!!
The Following User Says Thank You to Big B For This Useful Post:
snowpatrol (10-12-2018)
Old 10-15-2018, 03:08 PM
WCBB Veteran

Estrogen Guy has a brilliant futureEstrogen Guy has a brilliant futureEstrogen Guy has a brilliant futureEstrogen Guy has a brilliant futureEstrogen Guy has a brilliant futureEstrogen Guy has a brilliant futureEstrogen Guy has a brilliant futureEstrogen Guy has a brilliant futureEstrogen Guy has a brilliant futureEstrogen Guy has a brilliant futureEstrogen Guy has a brilliant future
Question? (you look good)

your weight class different then USA our weigh ins? 225lbs is that heavy weight for you guys? I read you said 220? Is 220 considered light heavy for your league? Are do you go by height? You look 6' or better mate?
Good damn job.

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowpatrol View Post
I'm back down to 224 and change this morning, the plan is to get as close to 220 by next Friday as possible so that weigh-ins aren't as much of a fight

http://www.canadianproqualifier.com/
Old 10-15-2018, 03:15 PM
WCBB Veteran

Estrogen Guy has a brilliant futureEstrogen Guy has a brilliant futureEstrogen Guy has a brilliant futureEstrogen Guy has a brilliant futureEstrogen Guy has a brilliant futureEstrogen Guy has a brilliant futureEstrogen Guy has a brilliant futureEstrogen Guy has a brilliant futureEstrogen Guy has a brilliant futureEstrogen Guy has a brilliant futureEstrogen Guy has a brilliant future
You can beat that guy. Your not far off from him. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and we never know what is going on in certain judges head. NPC very political. But I can't cry they need me there so I do have an edge. Good job my friend. You don't think that amount of carbs before pre show hurt? In that one picture in your room you were shredded. If I used the diuretic you use. I would go flat. The water would leave quickly. It would flatten me out. I hear you were worried about making weight? Just a thought. I usually use Aldactone. It's is potassium sparing it enables me to hold more water in my muscle bellies, while eliminating extra water other places? You would not beable to carb up on anything with potassium in it;(IMPORTANT)! Just another thought. Important to keep water in the muscle doing carb up. The potassium sparing diuretic would suck any water it can fit into the muscle and secrete any other water leaving you dry but muscle bellies would be full of water. Everything else would be veins like a road map. Be good to sample it first to see how your body reacts. Good job brother

EG

Last edited by Estrogen Guy; 10-15-2018 at 03:34 PM.
Old 10-15-2018, 03:53 PM
WCBB Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Estrogen Guy View Post
your weight class different then USA our weigh ins? 225lbs is that heavy weight for you guys? I read you said 220? Is 220 considered light heavy for your league? Are do you go by height? You look 6' or better mate?
Good damn job.
I'm trying classic physique (bodybuilding in short shorts) for this show and the last, which was the qualifier for nationals, so they go by height+weight. I'm 6' 3/4" so I fall into the 6 to 6'1" weight cap of 220lbs

In bodybuilding, the Canadian federation had 220lbs for a heavy/superheavy cutoff until this year, so last year at 2017 nationals (in 'regular' bodybuilding) I was a 225-230ish superheavy

This year the cutoff was 225 since our new federation is aligned with the NPC, so in June I was a heavyweight at 217lbs

Whatever the reason right now I'm struggling a bit to get back down to 220...I've probably been dieting a bit too long to be perfectly honest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Estrogen Guy View Post
You can beat that guy. Your not far off from him. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and we never know what is going on in certain judges head. NPC very political. But I can't cry they need me there so I do have an edge. Good job my friend. You don't think that amount of carbs before pre show hurt? In that one picture in your room you were shredded. If I used the diuretic you use. I would go flat. The water would leave quickly. It would flatten me out. I hear you were worried about making weight? Just a thought. I usually use Aldactone. It's is potassium sparing it enables me to hold more water in my muscle bellies, while eliminating extra water other places? You would not beable to carb up on anything with potassium in it;(IMPORTANT)! Just another thought. Important to keep water in the muscle doing carb up. The potassium sparing diuretic would suck any water it can fit into the muscle and secrete any other water leaving you dry but muscle bellies would be full of water. Everything else would be veins like a road map. Be good to sample it first to see how your body reacts. Good job brother EG
I can beat first when I'm dialed in, but I didn't mind losing to him. Losing to second place was frustrating though.

I think the total carbs I had between friday afternoon and saturday morning was considerably less than 500g, probably in the 300ish range so I don't think that hurt me too much. Two half-diazides shouldn't flatten me out much but I'd rather use one half or none to be honest...