World Class Bodybuilding   Forum

BulkSupplements Egg Whites International A1Supplements.com i-Supplements Strength.com VitaSprings Myprotein Beyondsupplements
Go Back   World Class Bodybuilding Forum > Diet and Nutrition > Nutrition

Shoutbox

Nutrition Ask questions and discuss any nutrition related topics here. Making nutrition education more meaningful through facilitated group discussions

Old 08-01-2018, 07:53 AM

Thanked 3,005 Times in 2,306 Posts
jipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond repute
I have started making chia pudding to soothe my sweet tooth

I use almond milk and greek yogurt, vanilla extract, stevia, chopped berries and sometimes walnuts.

Pretty filling. and I make several servings at once. for every cup of greek yogurt you get about 20 grams of protein. a few carps from the yogurt and berries, healthy fats from the chia and nuts and a bunch of fiber from the chia as well as probiotics from the yogurt.

I cannot remember where I found this recipe but it is pretty good. and I cannot remember the exact amounts of it all. I have done it long enough i just pour it in a big bowl then in individual cups to set up and put plastic wrap over the the tops.

It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble.
It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
The Following User Says Thank You to jipped genes For This Useful Post:
StCLineman (08-01-2018)
Get your liquid egg whites here at EGG WHITES INTERNATIONAL

Old 08-01-2018, 12:30 PM

Thanked 3,473 Times in 2,775 Posts
A1food4u has a reputation beyond reputeA1food4u has a reputation beyond reputeA1food4u has a reputation beyond reputeA1food4u has a reputation beyond reputeA1food4u has a reputation beyond reputeA1food4u has a reputation beyond reputeA1food4u has a reputation beyond reputeA1food4u has a reputation beyond reputeA1food4u has a reputation beyond reputeA1food4u has a reputation beyond reputeA1food4u has a reputation beyond repute
wife swears by them as extra fiber in her diet
Old 08-01-2018, 01:26 PM
WCBB Veteran

StCLineman has a reputation beyond reputeStCLineman has a reputation beyond reputeStCLineman has a reputation beyond reputeStCLineman has a reputation beyond reputeStCLineman has a reputation beyond reputeStCLineman has a reputation beyond reputeStCLineman has a reputation beyond reputeStCLineman has a reputation beyond reputeStCLineman has a reputation beyond reputeStCLineman has a reputation beyond reputeStCLineman has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by ripsid View Post
Oh Iíll also add seeds to a glass of water and lemon and let it sit in the fridge it gets gelatin like.
A friend of mine likes to soak them too, she says they donít get caught in her teeth/gums as much.
Old 08-01-2018, 01:27 PM
WCBB Veteran

StCLineman has a reputation beyond reputeStCLineman has a reputation beyond reputeStCLineman has a reputation beyond reputeStCLineman has a reputation beyond reputeStCLineman has a reputation beyond reputeStCLineman has a reputation beyond reputeStCLineman has a reputation beyond reputeStCLineman has a reputation beyond reputeStCLineman has a reputation beyond reputeStCLineman has a reputation beyond reputeStCLineman has a reputation beyond repute
Damn that sounds good, thanks brother

Quote:
Originally Posted by jipped genes View Post
I have started making chia pudding to soothe my sweet tooth

I use almond milk and greek yogurt, vanilla extract, stevia, chopped berries and sometimes walnuts.

Pretty filling. and I make several servings at once. for every cup of greek yogurt you get about 20 grams of protein. a few carps from the yogurt and berries, healthy fats from the chia and nuts and a bunch of fiber from the chia as well as probiotics from the yogurt.

I cannot remember where I found this recipe but it is pretty good. and I cannot remember the exact amounts of it all. I have done it long enough i just pour it in a big bowl then in individual cups to set up and put plastic wrap over the the tops.
Old 08-02-2018, 07:43 AM

jipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by StCLineman View Post
Damn that sounds good, thanks brother
it is not great (the texture is strange) but it really helps with the sweet tooth i have. I have tried different recipes. Some with cinnamon, some with cocoa. I always end back up with vanilla and berries (I use frozen berries for convenience but fresh might be better?)

I reckon one could mix in some protein powder as well. Or a cup of greek yogurt maybe? Never tried it.

The Following User Says Thank You to jipped genes For This Useful Post:
StCLineman (08-02-2018)
Old 10-11-2018, 04:51 PM
edus edus Is Off Line
Worldclassbodybuilder

edus has a brilliant futureedus has a brilliant futureedus has a brilliant futureedus has a brilliant futureedus has a brilliant futureedus has a brilliant futureedus has a brilliant futureedus has a brilliant futureedus has a brilliant futureedus has a brilliant futureedus has a brilliant future
my wife bought a bag and it sat on the shelf around for months. I read the package and said sounds good (omega oils, fiber, and a bit of protein, who doesn't want that?), why let it go to waste. So I added them to my Greek yogurt, tasted fine. Results: nothing noticeable, no extra energy & I didn't feel any less toxic

I was going to get more but when I saw how expensive it was ($5!), I went with the roasted flax seeds nearby which cost a lot less & had better nutritional
Old 10-14-2018, 09:42 AM

I do chia as well. just once a day though. get some ALA and fiber in the diet.

I take it with fish oil. The ALA has the ALA and the fish oil has the DHA and EPA. I get the full complement of fatty acids.

Here are some chia pudding recipes. Texture is hard to get used to but edible.

https://wellnessmama.com/59344/chia-seed-pudding/

Old 10-15-2018, 11:11 AM
Community Veteran

Pen Sillman has a reputation beyond reputePen Sillman has a reputation beyond reputePen Sillman has a reputation beyond reputePen Sillman has a reputation beyond reputePen Sillman has a reputation beyond reputePen Sillman has a reputation beyond reputePen Sillman has a reputation beyond reputePen Sillman has a reputation beyond reputePen Sillman has a reputation beyond reputePen Sillman has a reputation beyond reputePen Sillman has a reputation beyond repute
Tried them once but couldn't get past the gelatinous goo texture. Hadn't thought of mixing them with other things/flavors. Worth a try.
Old 10-19-2018, 10:26 AM

Just an observation. I drank a PWO shake i put a scoop of chia seeds in. I was outside sitting on my patio and rinsed out my shaker with the hose. the seeds stick to the sides of the cup a lot.

now I have a crop of little chia plants growing by my spigot.

Here is the interesting part. My dog goes nuts over the little plants. I try to keep him away from them to see what they do. I fear he will devour them all. Strange. My dog is going vege.

I am going to let him out and not protect them and put a piece of beef jerky next to the plants and see what he does. I hope he eats the meat.

Old 10-19-2018, 09:18 PM
WCBB Veteran

Let the poor dog eat them, lol,,,,,, let us know what he prefers