World Class Bodybuilding   Forum

BulkSupplements Egg Whites International A1Supplements.com i-Supplements Strength.com VitaSprings Myprotein Beyondsupplements
Go Back   World Class Bodybuilding Forum > Bodybuilding Fitness Training > Bodybuilding Discussion forum

Shoutbox

Bodybuilding Discussion forum Worldclassbodybuilding Adult Bodybuilding forum dedicated to the discussion of bodybuilding training and weightlifting advice

Old 10-13-2018, 07:10 PM
Community Veteran

Pen Sillman has a reputation beyond reputePen Sillman has a reputation beyond reputePen Sillman has a reputation beyond reputePen Sillman has a reputation beyond reputePen Sillman has a reputation beyond reputePen Sillman has a reputation beyond reputePen Sillman has a reputation beyond reputePen Sillman has a reputation beyond reputePen Sillman has a reputation beyond reputePen Sillman has a reputation beyond reputePen Sillman has a reputation beyond repute
There's some really good suggestions here, things I hadn't thought of. I really appreciate the info guys. Thanks much!
Get your liquid egg whites here at EGG WHITES INTERNATIONAL

Old 10-15-2018, 09:39 AM
Community Veteran

Boomer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomer has a reputation beyond repute
Legs – 16 sets:

Lying leg curls – 2-3 warm up sets. For the first 3 sets I want you to do 12 full range of motion reps. On the last one we are going to do a drop set with partials. Do 12 reps, drop the weight and do 8 more, drop the weight and do 8 more, then do 25 partials out of the stretched position. 4 total work sets.

Goal – Activate and pump hams

Leg press – Make sure you do plenty of warm ups. No bands this week either. Just do a standard pyramid doing 10 reps until you get to a weight that you can barely do for 10 reps. On this last set of 10, when you know it’s your last one, get out of the machine after the set and then proceed to do a walking lunge with just your bodyweight for 20 steps on each leg. You only need to do the set of lunges after the last set on the leg press. We’ll call this 4 working sets. 4 total work sets.

Goal – Activate and pump quads

Leg extensions – On these, I want you to kick the weight up as hard as you can. You don’t have to pause or squeeze. Use a heavy weight on these. These will actually blow your quads up. So again, use heavy weight, kick hard, and do 4 sets of 10 reps. Do not let your feet come all the way own underneath you, as that can be hard on your knees (no matter how fast or slow you do these). 4 total work sets.

Goal – Supramax pump
Squats – After 1-2 lighter sets, start doing working sets of 8 with deep reps. You don’t have to bury these, but do try and get just a tad below parallel. Do 3 sets of 8 pyramid style. For example on these I did 315, 375, and 415 for 8. It was real tough after all the other stuff, but they felt awesome with the overload of blood in my legs.

Goal – Supramax pump

Dumbell stiff legged deads – Do 4 sets of 10. Work the stretch, your legs will be tight and full of blood. 4 total work sets.

Goal – Work muscle from a stretched position

Give that one a shot

OR

Legs – 19 sets:

Adductor machine – I want you to get a good pump in your adductors to get started. Use a machine and do 3 sets of 15 here, or you could hook a strap to your leg and use a pulley to simulate the movement. There all kinds of permutations if you don’t have a machine. 3 total work sets.

Goal – Activate and pump adductors

Standing leg curls – I did something a little different on these you might want to try. We don’t have a standing machine at the gym I was at so I faced into a leg extension (standing) and stood on a 25 lb plate and hooked my ankle under the pad and turned it into a leg curl. Play around with this. It felt great, like a normal standing machine. Do 3 sets of 12. On your 4th set I want you to do this. Do 10 full reps, then in the midpoint part of range of motion do 10 little partials, now lower the weight a little more and do 10 partials, and then finally lower it all the way and do 10 partials out of the bottom. 4 total work sets.
Goal – Supramax pump

Barbell squats – We are going to do these explosively this week. With an adductor and leg curls pump you should feel excellent driving out of the bottom. Do sets of 8 all the way up until you can barely get 8. You’ll lose some speed at that point, but you will have done plenty of explosive sets on the way up. We will count the last 3 sets as work sets. 3total work sets.

Goal – Train explosively

Front squats - Now let’s follow up this week with front squats. Do a few low rep feeder sets to get into the groove and then do 3 sets of 12. I raise my heels a TINY bit on these and go down deep as I can. Use nice and slow deliberate form here. 3 total work sets.

Goal – Supramax pump

Leg extensions - On these I want you to do 3 sets of 10. On each set tack on 8 partials out of the bottom to smoke your quads. 3 total work sets.

Goal – Supramax pump

Barbell stiff legged deadlift - Finish off legs by doing 3 sets of 8 here, nice and strict. Come up all the way and flex your glutes. 3 total work sets.

Old 10-15-2018, 09:40 AM
Community Veteran

legaljuicer has a reputation beyond reputelegaljuicer has a reputation beyond reputelegaljuicer has a reputation beyond reputelegaljuicer has a reputation beyond reputelegaljuicer has a reputation beyond reputelegaljuicer has a reputation beyond reputelegaljuicer has a reputation beyond reputelegaljuicer has a reputation beyond reputelegaljuicer has a reputation beyond reputelegaljuicer has a reputation beyond reputelegaljuicer has a reputation beyond repute
NICE POST brother

Old 10-15-2018, 10:50 AM
Community Veteran

Boomer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomer has a reputation beyond reputeBoomer has a reputation beyond repute
Thats from a couple of programs I have done... Snowpatrol will know these well lol
Old 10-15-2018, 12:55 PM
WCBB Veteran

snowpatrol has a reputation beyond reputesnowpatrol has a reputation beyond reputesnowpatrol has a reputation beyond reputesnowpatrol has a reputation beyond reputesnowpatrol has a reputation beyond reputesnowpatrol has a reputation beyond reputesnowpatrol has a reputation beyond reputesnowpatrol has a reputation beyond reputesnowpatrol has a reputation beyond reputesnowpatrol has a reputation beyond reputesnowpatrol has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
Legs – 16 sets:

Lying leg curls – 2-3 warm up sets. For the first 3 sets I want you to do 12 full range of motion reps. On the last one we are going to do a drop set with partials. Do 12 reps, drop the weight and do 8 more, drop the weight and do 8 more, then do 25 partials out of the stretched position. 4 total work sets.

Goal – Activate and pump hams

Leg press – Make sure you do plenty of warm ups. No bands this week either. Just do a standard pyramid doing 10 reps until you get to a weight that you can barely do for 10 reps. On this last set of 10, when you know it’s your last one, get out of the machine after the set and then proceed to do a walking lunge with just your bodyweight for 20 steps on each leg. You only need to do the set of lunges after the last set on the leg press. We’ll call this 4 working sets. 4 total work sets.

Goal – Activate and pump quads

Leg extensions – On these, I want you to kick the weight up as hard as you can. You don’t have to pause or squeeze. Use a heavy weight on these. These will actually blow your quads up. So again, use heavy weight, kick hard, and do 4 sets of 10 reps. Do not let your feet come all the way own underneath you, as that can be hard on your knees (no matter how fast or slow you do these). 4 total work sets.

Goal – Supramax pump
Squats – After 1-2 lighter sets, start doing working sets of 8 with deep reps. You don’t have to bury these, but do try and get just a tad below parallel. Do 3 sets of 8 pyramid style. For example on these I did 315, 375, and 415 for 8. It was real tough after all the other stuff, but they felt awesome with the overload of blood in my legs.

Goal – Supramax pump

Dumbell stiff legged deads – Do 4 sets of 10. Work the stretch, your legs will be tight and full of blood. 4 total work sets.

Give that one a shot

OR

Legs – 19 sets:

Adductor machine – I want you to get a good pump in your adductors to get started. Use a machine and do 3 sets of 15 here, or you could hook a strap to your leg and use a pulley to simulate the movement. There all kinds of permutations if you don’t have a machine. 3 total work sets.

Goal – Activate and pump adductors

Standing leg curls – I did something a little different on these you might want to try. We don’t have a standing machine at the gym I was at so I faced into a leg extension (standing) and stood on a 25 lb plate and hooked my ankle under the pad and turned it into a leg curl. Play around with this. It felt great, like a normal standing machine. Do 3 sets of 12. On your 4th set I want you to do this. Do 10 full reps, then in the midpoint part of range of motion do 10 little partials, now lower the weight a little more and do 10 partials, and then finally lower it all the way and do 10 partials out of the bottom. 4 total work sets.
Goal – Supramax pump

Barbell squats – We are going to do these explosively this week. With an adductor and leg curls pump you should feel excellent driving out of the bottom. Do sets of 8 all the way up until you can barely get 8. You’ll lose some speed at that point, but you will have done plenty of explosive sets on the way up. We will count the last 3 sets as work sets. 3total work sets.

Goal – Train explosively

Front squats - Now let’s follow up this week with front squats. Do a few low rep feeder sets to get into the groove and then do 3 sets of 12. I raise my heels a TINY bit on these and go down deep as I can. Use nice and slow deliberate form here. 3 total work sets.

Goal – Supramax pump

Leg extensions - On these I want you to do 3 sets of 10. On each set tack on 8 partials out of the bottom to smoke your quads. 3 total work sets.

Goal – Supramax pump

Barbell stiff legged deadlift - Finish off legs by doing 3 sets of 8 here, nice and strict. Come up all the way and flex your glutes. 3 total work sets.

The exercises in boomer's post literally built these:

The Following User Says Thank You to snowpatrol For This Useful Post:
Boomer (10-15-2018)
Old 10-15-2018, 03:09 PM
Community Veteran

Pen Sillman has a reputation beyond reputePen Sillman has a reputation beyond reputePen Sillman has a reputation beyond reputePen Sillman has a reputation beyond reputePen Sillman has a reputation beyond reputePen Sillman has a reputation beyond reputePen Sillman has a reputation beyond reputePen Sillman has a reputation beyond reputePen Sillman has a reputation beyond reputePen Sillman has a reputation beyond reputePen Sillman has a reputation beyond repute
Damn! Thanks for posting all that boomer.
The Following User Says Thank You to Pen Sillman For This Useful Post:
Boomer (10-16-2018)