World Class Bodybuilding   Forum

BulkSupplements Egg Whites International A1Supplements.com i-Supplements Strength.com VitaSprings Myprotein Beyondsupplements
Go Back   World Class Bodybuilding Forum > Off topic > General Chat The lounge

Old 06-25-2022, 12:38 PM
A1food4u A1food4u Is Off Line

Thanked 4,530 Times in 3,557 Posts
A1food4u has a reputation beyond reputeA1food4u has a reputation beyond reputeA1food4u has a reputation beyond reputeA1food4u has a reputation beyond reputeA1food4u has a reputation beyond reputeA1food4u has a reputation beyond reputeA1food4u has a reputation beyond reputeA1food4u has a reputation beyond reputeA1food4u has a reputation beyond reputeA1food4u has a reputation beyond reputeA1food4u has a reputation beyond repute
Heres a little something for you as a smoked condiment, remembered it with all the talk of bison and Elk... the acid really compliments the wilder leaner meat well

SMOKED TOMATO MARMELADE
20 Globe tomatoes, smoked and chopped
1 cup cider wine vinegar
2 T Garlic puree
3 T Sugar
½ cup Honey
¼ cup
orange zest

Combine all ingrediants reserving zest, simmer until thickened, add zest, cool

the recipe is easily cut in half but the result can be kept in the fridge for almost a month...
Biter (06-25-2022), jipped genes (07-01-2022), MR. BMJ  (06-25-2022)
Get your liquid egg whites here at EGG WHITES INTERNATIONAL

Old 06-26-2022, 08:12 AM

Thanked 6,377 Times in 4,754 Posts
jipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond repute
OOOOH A1 that looks good!

Vandoo "Yes, I lift faster."
The Following User Says Thank You to jipped genes For This Useful Post:
A1food4u (06-27-2022)
Old 06-26-2022, 01:56 PM
Administrator

Thanked 4,491 Times in 3,287 Posts
MR. BMJ has a reputation beyond reputeMR. BMJ has a reputation beyond reputeMR. BMJ has a reputation beyond reputeMR. BMJ has a reputation beyond reputeMR. BMJ has a reputation beyond reputeMR. BMJ has a reputation beyond reputeMR. BMJ has a reputation beyond reputeMR. BMJ has a reputation beyond reputeMR. BMJ has a reputation beyond reputeMR. BMJ has a reputation beyond reputeMR. BMJ has a reputation beyond repute
Fukk me. Made a Mississippi Mud Cake last night....so damn good!

I hadn't had one since my mom made them when I was a kid.

Disclaimer: Not a BBQ/grill entry.....BUT, I imagine you could set it on the smoker once the mallows are on it...then it qualifies

I wouldn't even change it though
ALSO...the first picture I got sad. Poor little thing all by itself on that big plate. So I added a friend to both of our liking, and hence the 2nd picture

Figured if I am gonna go the trend of diabetes, might as well eliminate any chance of exercise in-between to get another piece. A 2nd piece was going to be inevitable anyway.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg mud cake 2.jpg (50.7 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg mud cake 3.jpg (71.7 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg mud cake 1.jpg (81.9 KB, 4 views)
The Following User Says Thank You to MR. BMJ For This Useful Post:
A1food4u (06-27-2022)
Old 06-27-2022, 05:33 AM

jipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond repute
DUDE! That is making my blood sugar go up just looking at the pic.

I am a slut for cakes like that. I just do not eat them much.

I cooked chocolate chip cookies on the rectec. Pretty good but I was also cooking a pork shoulder and they ended up with a pork flavor which I liked but my wife found disconcerting.

MR. BMJ  (06-27-2022)
Old 06-27-2022, 12:09 PM
Administrator

MR. BMJ has a reputation beyond reputeMR. BMJ has a reputation beyond reputeMR. BMJ has a reputation beyond reputeMR. BMJ has a reputation beyond reputeMR. BMJ has a reputation beyond reputeMR. BMJ has a reputation beyond reputeMR. BMJ has a reputation beyond reputeMR. BMJ has a reputation beyond reputeMR. BMJ has a reputation beyond reputeMR. BMJ has a reputation beyond reputeMR. BMJ has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by jipped genes View Post
DUDE! That is making my blood sugar go up just looking at the pic.

I am a slut for cakes like that. I just do not eat them much.

I cooked chocolate chip cookies on the rectec. Pretty good but I was also cooking a pork shoulder and they ended up with a pork flavor which I liked but my wife found disconcerting.
It's so easy to make, i'm just going to do it like this for now on when the kids want a chocolate cake. I was going to make the cake from scratch, but I didn't have enough cocoa for what the recipe called for, so I had a German Chocolate box cake I used, then just added 1T extra of cocoa and about 1/3 cup of sour cream to it. Sour cream is a must in all my chocolate cakes, it brings out the flavor big time...same with the sheet cakes.

After baking per the box, I just added a 10oz bag of marshmallows on top, and cooked for an additional 3-4 minutes.

Made the chocolate frosting from scratch, it is so much better. Had enough cocoa for it.

1 stick of butter melted in a small pot, then add 6T of milk, then added 3 heaping Tablespoons of cocoa. Heated that up for a few minutes until it was incorporated and smooth. Then poured it into a bowl that had 3 cups of sifted powdered sugar. Blended that up until it was smooth, then added 1 teaspoon of vanilla.....uhhh...okay, maybe 1.5 as I always go extra, lol!!! Blended that up, and then poured the mixture over the marshmallows. Then put it in the fridge for 30 minutes for the frosting/mallows to set.

I gave it to my kids on Saturday night....i'm not gonna lie, I mainly made it because: 1) I seen a recipe for it pop up on FB, and it reminded me of my mom making it for me as a kid; and 2) I wanted something for the UFC fights. I did a bunch of yard work all day, and just wanted to chill, lol.

Anyway, it was still warm when we had it that night, so good. The kids ate theirs, but didn't seem too interested. The wife doesn't like marshmallows, and just complained....fukk her though. I kept cutting off bite size pieces between rounds and fights, it was like more than half gone by the end of the night

I woke up the next morning, and the kids were devouring it. There was 1 damn small corner piece left, and they were arguing who was gonna eat it later. My daughter was like, "this is so good, make it again." Usually when I make a cake, they eat a piece, then it's like they have no interest, so I end up eating it

I went out and did more yard work, came in and ate half the last piece

Sorry, I wasn't gonna type so much, but it was effin' so damn good, and so very simple to make.
Old 07-01-2022, 12:00 AM
Administrator

Smoked a pork shoulder picnic roast today for 5 hours, then put it in the crock pot with some orange juice, onion, and about a cup of La Victoria enchilada sauce, and some garlic. Cooked for about 6 hours...fork went in like butter. Shredded the meat, strained and defatted the juice some, then poured back in. It was only about 1-1.5 cups worth.

Used this recipe below on youtube for an adobo sauce that Triple D Star posted for colitis de res....i'll pass on the colitis, i'd rather have diverticulitis.

haha....j/k

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Followed that exactly recipe exactly, except I used 9 Ancho/Poblano chiles instead of 7, and I used olive oil instead of manteca. See pics below.

Added the adobo to the shredded pork, and set the crock pot on 'warm,' so the flavors would meld together for about an hour. Shit was out of this world good. So simple to make up the sauce and just add it to some meat.

Made some pot beans and rice as well.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg BBQ 1.jpg (95.8 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg BBQ 3.jpg (102.5 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg BBQ 4.jpg (119.9 KB, 2 views)
jipped genes (07-01-2022)
Old 07-01-2022, 12:05 AM
Administrator

I also made a chocolate tres leches coffee cake with Kahlua mixed into the milk. Used real coffee added into the liquid milk as well. Pretty damn good, but i think I liked the Mud Cake I made last weekend better. Usually these tres leche cakes are better the day after though....soooooo.......

Added another picture of my plate of food, in addition to the cake.

...pardon my piss-poor dusting job
Attached Images
File Type: jpg BBQ 2.jpg (115.3 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg cake 1.jpg (75.9 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg cake 2.jpg (149.0 KB, 2 views)
Old 07-01-2022, 05:35 AM

BMJ, damn bro!

I have my meals planned out through the weekend but that looks amazing!

You had me at "shredded pork" You make me wanna be a better BBQ'r. You....complete me. Love Mexican BBQ!

MR. BMJ  (07-01-2022)
Old 07-01-2022, 02:51 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jipped genes View Post
BMJ, damn bro!

I have my meals planned out through the weekend but that looks amazing!

You had me at "shredded pork" You make me wanna be a better BBQ'r. You....complete me. Love Mexican BBQ!
Brother, i'm nothing special. I found keeping it simple the best way. I actually wait for posts from you and others to also give me ideas. Hell, I didn't even smoke much until your posts on rec-tecs, lol. I have to bow down to you sir!

Yesterday was my wife's birthday, so I wanted to throw some kind of Mexican food touch her way....since she is, well....Mexican, lol. It took me all day to cook this stuff, lol. Cooking, cleaning, and keeping the kids from killing each other, I was a pile of mush by the end of the day

I swear, with most meats, it's just a matter of getting your favorite rub flavors on, keeping good temps in the smoker (both internal of the smoker and meat), pulling when you reach your temp goal, and then either cvhow down, or let it rest in some fashion for a while. After that, you can add sauces if needed.

The fancy-panty stuff a lot of these guys do for that added 1% to win a contest is just not needed at home. I like trying different things out, but it's just not needed 99% of the time. I learned this big time watching Malcom Reed. That guy is my BBQ hero, lol. He is so damn funny and fun to watch, and he keeps it simple. I swear, people watch Food Network, where you have people like Bobby Flay making it 10000% harder than it needs to be to "awe" viewers, and it's just not needed.

Disclaimer: Bobby Flay is a badass, no knock on him. I know he has to do what he has to do to be where he is at for TV and business. However, he uses machines, cooking tools, and 20 different spices and ingredients that most people will have to special order to even have access to a lot of times.

I swear, most people like their grandmother's cooking the most, those are the recipes that are my favorite....simple, easy, with a twist here and there. Most of all they keep you guessing when all they do is put some love into it and keep it simple.
jipped genes (07-03-2022)
Old 07-03-2022, 08:30 AM

Agree bro. Hey the major grocers have briskets under $2 a lbs. Kroger and Winco. I bought a medium brisket and may pull the flat and make brisket tacos

MR. BMJ  (07-03-2022)