World Class Bodybuilding   Forum

BulkSupplements Egg Whites International A1Supplements.com i-Supplements Strength.com VitaSprings Myprotein Beyondsupplements
Go Back   World Class Bodybuilding Forum > Diet and Nutrition > Nutrition

Shoutbox

Nutrition Ask questions and discuss any nutrition related topics here. Making nutrition education more meaningful through facilitated group discussions

Old 10-09-2019, 11:18 AM
Nobel Peace Prize Protestor

GBAGH has a reputation beyond reputeGBAGH has a reputation beyond reputeGBAGH has a reputation beyond reputeGBAGH has a reputation beyond reputeGBAGH has a reputation beyond reputeGBAGH has a reputation beyond reputeGBAGH has a reputation beyond reputeGBAGH has a reputation beyond reputeGBAGH has a reputation beyond reputeGBAGH has a reputation beyond reputeGBAGH has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by jipped genes View Post
That meal would put me in light ketosis as there is too much protein. Drop to 4 oz of beef and add some decaf (or regular I try to cut back the CNS stims as they are diuretics and you loose enough water as it is) buttered coffee. 67 g fat and 56 grams of protein, that is only a 20% diff. I am not busting on you brother. But when I work with someone for keto, I double the grams of protein plus 20% to get the number for my fat to start then I up protein and use my meter to see what my max ratio of protein is before I drop out of keto.

You can get into ketosis with higher ratios of protein for SUPER active guys but gluconeogenesis will turn excess protein into carbs and blunt the effects of the fat burning by half.

I always say a person who has trouble with keto is eating too much protein.

Good luck man. He will loose weight, you are doing him a big favor.
It will be doing me a big favor too. I want him on my team, but I can't have him on my team in the shape that he is in now. He's a smart guy, has a lot of real world experience that translates well to the work we're doing. He's just too fat to get out of his own way now.

I understand about the needing to go heavier on the fats. I'm having trouble wrapping my brain around how to get there while also putting enough food in this guys gut to keep him on the program and also staying under the calorie goal we're aiming for.

He has been a chinese buffet guy for years. He eats and eats and eats and eats and eats. So, the amount of food we're working with isn't filling him up. Its definitely tough.

I'm open to all suggestions for sure. I am not a diet expert. I am just trying to get me and him into better shape. I'm thinking about going to all super lean protein like chicken breast or egg whites and tons of green low carb vegetables and just drizzling healthy oil on it to get the fat in. Its hard to put a large portion of high fat food in front of someone to fill them up without also giving them a plate that is 1500 calories.

Old 10-09-2019, 06:44 PM
Community Veteran

Machiavelli has a reputation beyond reputeMachiavelli has a reputation beyond reputeMachiavelli has a reputation beyond reputeMachiavelli has a reputation beyond reputeMachiavelli has a reputation beyond reputeMachiavelli has a reputation beyond reputeMachiavelli has a reputation beyond reputeMachiavelli has a reputation beyond reputeMachiavelli has a reputation beyond reputeMachiavelli has a reputation beyond reputeMachiavelli has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by GBAGH View Post
We went to two meals per day to increase portion sizes. It seems to be helping. So I guess this is now a keto with intermittent fasting diet LOL.
I would ensure that the meals are within a 6-8 hour window. The other thing I did recently whilst experimenting as I'm cutting but also wanting health benefits.... I did a 72 hour fast. That shit almost broke me, nothing but black coffee, water or green tea. But after doing that, I could now easily do 24 hours without a problem ( i won't because it would be detrimental to my goals). I guess what I'm saying is if he's struggling dipping his toe in the water....push him the fk in. This may help him get over his initial struggles.