World Class Bodybuilding   Forum

BulkSupplements Egg Whites International A1Supplements.com i-Supplements Strength.com VitaSprings Myprotein Beyondsupplements
Go Back   World Class Bodybuilding Forum > Bodybuilding Fitness Training > Boxing

Shoutbox

Boxing Boxing forum with discussions on the latest boxing news, upcoming fights, results and boxing history

Old 10-07-2019, 06:04 AM

Thanked 3,630 Times in 2,808 Posts
jipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond repute
Canelo vs Kovalev Nov 2nd

I am not sure about this fight. So Canelo is going up 15 pounds or so to fight Kovalev. On the flip side, Kovalev is past his prime at 36. Kovalev has lost some of his speed and pop. That is what made him such a great boxer.

Is Canelo (One of the PFP greats of today's boxing) picking opponents that look good on paper that he is sure he will beat, just to prop up his legacy and make a fat paycheck?

What do ya think?

Vandoo "Yes, I lift faster."
Get your liquid egg whites here at EGG WHITES INTERNATIONAL

Old 10-07-2019, 09:10 AM
Genetic Freak Genetic Freak Is Off Line

Thanked 3,959 Times in 3,135 Posts
Genetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond repute
It does kind of seem like he is taking in a little of what Mayweather was doing towards the end, fighting big names that have lost a step that his style matches up well for big pay days. There are some younger guys I would like to see him fight.
Old 10-09-2019, 06:00 AM

jipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Genetic Freak View Post
It does kind of seem like he is taking in a little of what Mayweather was doing towards the end, fighting big names that have lost a step that his style matches up well for big pay days. There are some younger guys I would like to see him fight.

callum smith would be a good match. but canelo is chasing names and $$$$

Old 10-09-2019, 07:12 AM

Genetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond repute
If he wants to win a title at light heavy weight then why not fight Dimitry Bivol? That dude is going to be the face of the division.
Old 10-12-2019, 08:27 AM

SHIT! Bivol is undefeated up and comer. That is a BAD match for Canelo at that weight. Plus he is fighting soon and will not be back for 5-7 months. Canelo wants to fight with a fairly quick turn around. Like I said it is more about legacy than fighting a top LH. Canelo's team cherry picked a winnable fight against a guy with a good record so it looks better than what it is IMO.

Old 10-12-2019, 12:07 PM

Andrade has looked impressive and he called out Canelo. I know he does not have the name yet, but he will. Canelo might be making a mistake by not fighting him now. If he waits until Andrade has the brand Andrade might just embarrass him.
Old 10-14-2019, 10:19 AM

Quote:
Andrade has looked impressive and he called out Canelo. I know he does not have the name yet, but he will. Canelo might be making a mistake by not fighting him now. If he waits until Andrade has the brand Andrade might just embarrass him.
I do not think so. I think Canelo beats him. In Andrade's last 5 he has fought 2 guys that do not even have wiki pages. He has not fought anyone. The diff between the top and a guy playing at being at the top is massive. I think the WBO has one of the weakest middleweight division in boxing too.

Let him fight Billy Joe Saunders or Charlo or both to earn that shot at Canelo or GGG. He has not paid his dues.

Yeah Sulecki was a pretty hard fight vs a ranked guy but he did not dominate. The diff between a #8 guy and a #2 guy is just too big.

Sorry to go on a boxing rant. too many sanctioning bodies in boxing. needs to be condensed.

Old 10-14-2019, 03:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jipped genes View Post
I do not think so. I think Canelo beats him. In Andrade's last 5 he has fought 2 guys that do not even have wiki pages. He has not fought anyone. The diff between the top and a guy playing at being at the top is massive. I think the WBO has one of the weakest middleweight division in boxing too.

Let him fight Billy Joe Saunders or Charlo or both to earn that shot at Canelo or GGG. He has not paid his dues.

Yeah Sulecki was a pretty hard fight vs a ranked guy but he did not dominate. The diff between a #8 guy and a #2 guy is just too big.

Sorry to go on a boxing rant. too many sanctioning bodies in boxing. needs to be condensed.
That is why I was saying he should fight him now. The guy is only going to improve. Fighting twice a year it may be 3-4 years before Andrade makes a big enough name for Canelo to make money. At that point Andrade might be dangerous.
Old 10-17-2019, 06:12 AM

Quote:
That is why I was saying he should fight him now. The guy is only going to improve. Fighting twice a year it may be 3-4 years before Andrade makes a big enough name for Canelo to make money. At that point Andrade might be dangerous.
You are right brother. Maybe there just is not enough interest in the fight right now to generate revenue the likes of which Canelo is used to, it will not add to his legacy, it just does not interest him now.

Who knows. Boxing is a fickle sport when it comes to picking fights. Mayweather ducked Paq until he was over the hill.

That would have been the BEST fight when they were both in their prime.

Old 10-17-2019, 10:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jipped genes View Post
You are right brother. Maybe there just is not enough interest in the fight right now to generate revenue the likes of which Canelo is used to, it will not add to his legacy, it just does not interest him now.

Who knows. Boxing is a fickle sport when it comes to picking fights. Mayweather ducked Paq until he was over the hill.

That would have been the BEST fight when they were both in their prime.
Unfortunately there really is no one around where Canelo is at right now that fit what he is looking for. All the good fighters with big names are 130-147.