World Class Bodybuilding   Forum

BulkSupplements Egg Whites International A1Supplements.com i-Supplements HideMyAss
Go Back   World Class Bodybuilding Forum > Survivalist Prepper Area > DIY and how to's

Shoutbox

Old 07-23-2017, 10:34 AM

Thanked 2,332 Times in 1,765 Posts
jipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond repute
Snuff can fishing kit

OK I have a bunch of plastic snuff cans I was going to make fishing kits with so lets see if I missed anything.

Line of course. how about 20 feet of 12 pound mono and 40 feet of 50 pound braid (i could do more but I want as much room in the can as possible for other things.

split shot weights of course. maybe a could of bullet weights

hooks, need single and treble from size 12 to size 4? size 4 treble may not fit in the can but would be great as it is big enough to snag with. also trebles are more likely to hook a fish from a bank pole in passive fishing as opposed to a single which has a smaller profile and is more likely to get bit but needs to be set. benefits of both.

small zip lock back of dehydrated corn for bait will keep for years(hey winter is is hard to find bugs)

maybe a couple of small panfish jigs for bluegills and crappie.

a swivel or two?

razor blades (what if you do not have a knife. can cut line and gut fish with a razor blade. but i would always have a knife)

anything else you can think of?

--Thomas Jefferson

if ignorance is bliss than i am very blessed.

Tact is for people who are not witty enough to use sarcasm.

“Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around the laws.”
Plato
Get your liquid egg whites here at EGG WHITES INTERNATIONAL

Old 07-23-2017, 11:34 AM
I'm really Gotgame Jr... you can call me Nogame!

Thanked 1,659 Times in 1,308 Posts
acneman has a reputation beyond reputeacneman has a reputation beyond reputeacneman has a reputation beyond reputeacneman has a reputation beyond reputeacneman has a reputation beyond reputeacneman has a reputation beyond reputeacneman has a reputation beyond reputeacneman has a reputation beyond reputeacneman has a reputation beyond reputeacneman has a reputation beyond reputeacneman has a reputation beyond repute
a bobber? if they wont fit you could put a couple of really small balloons to become bobbers or a piece of styrafoam

also if the larger treble wont fit bend one of the hooks to the side a little to flatten it then you can bend it back if you ever use it
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaSarge View Post
I like guns and acneman...:)...
Quote:
Originally Posted by jipped genes View Post
Acne, your troll is epic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glycomann View Post
You are deranged. The worst on the board. Seek help.
The Following User Says Thank You to acneman For This Useful Post:
A1food4u (07-24-2017)
Old 07-23-2017, 02:27 PM
Genetic Freak Genetic Freak Is Off Line

Thanked 3,244 Times in 2,547 Posts
Genetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond repute
I can see why you would want the larger line, but the most abundant fish you will find are sunfish, bluegill, perch, etc... I would keep some smaller line in there with smaller hooks. Like acne said, a bobber would be nice. If it will not fit you can take a wine cork and cut it down. Use a rubber band to secure it to the line. Flies are good for fooling the smaller fish to bite.
Old 07-23-2017, 03:31 PM
Darkness Darkness Is Off Line

Thanked 1,723 Times in 1,278 Posts
Darkness has a reputation beyond reputeDarkness has a reputation beyond reputeDarkness has a reputation beyond reputeDarkness has a reputation beyond reputeDarkness has a reputation beyond reputeDarkness has a reputation beyond reputeDarkness has a reputation beyond reputeDarkness has a reputation beyond reputeDarkness has a reputation beyond reputeDarkness has a reputation beyond reputeDarkness has a reputation beyond repute
I would add a small white inline spinner. That's pretty much universal fish lure.
The Following User Says Thank You to Darkness For This Useful Post:
A1food4u (07-24-2017)
Old 07-26-2017, 07:46 AM

jipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond repute
ahhhh good stuff. as for a bobber one can pretty much pick up a stick and tie it to the line. I like the rubber band idea although rubber bands only last so long before they get hard and crunchy. Light line would be good but bluegill are not line shy so heavy line is OK for them, maybe add 20 feet of 10# braid? it is as thin as 4# mono but it will cut your hands up if something big ever got a hold of it and you grab the line.

like the idea about bending the hook! might only get a few of bends back and forth before it breaks but still great idea. flys and an inline spinner would work too.

I am going to build a few kits and give em at xmas to my local wanna be prepper type folk I work with. i say wanna be as we do not really prep just sort of play at it

--Thomas Jefferson

“Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around the laws.”
Plato
Old 07-26-2017, 09:57 AM
I'm really Gotgame Jr... you can call me Nogame!

Thanked 1,659 Times in 1,308 Posts
acneman has a reputation beyond reputeacneman has a reputation beyond reputeacneman has a reputation beyond reputeacneman has a reputation beyond reputeacneman has a reputation beyond reputeacneman has a reputation beyond reputeacneman has a reputation beyond reputeacneman has a reputation beyond reputeacneman has a reputation beyond reputeacneman has a reputation beyond reputeacneman has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
I am going to build a few kits and give em at xmas to my local wanna be prepper type folk I work with. i say wanna be as we do not really prep just sort of play at it
i would say 99% of preppers fall into that category including myself
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaSarge View Post
I like guns and acneman...:)...
Quote:
Acne, your troll is epic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glycomann View Post
You are deranged. The worst on the board. Seek help.
Old 07-27-2017, 07:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by acneman View Post
i would say 99% of preppers fall into that category including myself
yeah it is the hardcore ones that will inherit the earth when the rest of us are dead. that and the high level rich government types.......not the doughy weak type of folk we need to repopulate the earth though.

--Thomas Jefferson

Plato