World Class Bodybuilding   Forum

BulkSupplements Egg Whites International A1Supplements.com i-Supplements Strength.com VitaSprings Myprotein Beyondsupplements
Go Back   World Class Bodybuilding Forum > Bodybuilding Fitness Training > MMA and UFC Discussions > MMA Training

Shoutbox

MMA Training Articles related to MMA and BJJ

Old 06-16-2010, 12:57 PM
bionic redneck bionic redneck Is Off Line
Worldclassbodybuilder

bionic redneck will become famous soon enoughbionic redneck will become famous soon enough
i started training 9 months ago.. its fun but its a long road and takes alot of detication.. dont get frustrated easily.. there is always lots more to learn... i go to youtube to study certain techniques myself if i dont completely understand them in class. and i too am tryin to drop down to LHW.. the key is have an open mind and never give up..

Old 06-16-2010, 11:50 PM
Viking Viking Is Off Line
Veteran

Viking has a reputation beyond reputeViking has a reputation beyond reputeViking has a reputation beyond reputeViking has a reputation beyond reputeViking has a reputation beyond reputeViking has a reputation beyond reputeViking has a reputation beyond reputeViking has a reputation beyond reputeViking has a reputation beyond reputeViking has a reputation beyond reputeViking has a reputation beyond repute
I got to spar tonight for the first time ever, got a lil blood going in the mouthguard and felt like a tub of lard. I can goa a good 2 minutes but then its like a 18 wheeler has lost its brakes and is going down a steep grade. I got about 4 rounds in total tonight, the last one I was so gassed I couldn't finish. I felt like a jackass. The guys support me alot because I am trying my best everytime and listen to their guidance.

I will say I am already getting better endurance rolling. I can go multiple rounds and finish them all, I guess I learned how to "Roy Nelson" my body onto them and catch my breath while they are losing theirs.

I have learned a few arm bars, a calf slicer, and some ankle stuff so hopefully when im rolling I can grab a sub. in the mix. I have had only one guy tap and have tapped about a dozen times haha.

I love it though, I think this will fill the empty void I have been trying to fill for the last 3 years.
Old 06-17-2010, 06:56 AM
bionic redneck bionic redneck Is Off Line
Worldclassbodybuilder

bionic redneck will become famous soon enoughbionic redneck will become famous soon enough
bro i get punched and kicked daily.. you just gotta keep going .. u willl learn timing and when rolling i have always tapped..lol. and calf slicers are hard to pull off trust me..just hang in there.. i been doin this for 9 months and still have a long way to go...
Old 06-17-2010, 02:57 PM
DGAF DGAF Is Off Line
Worldclassbodybuilder

DGAF will become famous soon enoughDGAF will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by bionic redneck View Post
i started training 9 months ago.. its fun but its a long road and takes alot of detication.. dont get frustrated easily.. there is always lots more to learn... i go to youtube to study certain techniques myself if i dont completely understand them in class. and i too am tryin to drop down to LHW.. the key is have an open mind and never give up..
I seen a book at borders yesterday that was an MMA fighting guide. It had pictures and instructions for alot of moves, it was pretty cool and it was only like $5. It looked kinda like mma for dummies kinda book, but cool nonetheless. I might go buy it now.

I think when I begin training that I will stay a heavyweight or super heavyweight, I like banging with the big boys!

They have tons of stuff on youtube that you can look up for reference and tutorials, its a great thing! I leaned tips on doing my dreadlocks on youtube lol!!!

DGAF
Old 06-17-2010, 03:24 PM
Deacon Deacon Is Off Line
Lifetime Member

Deacon has a reputation beyond reputeDeacon has a reputation beyond reputeDeacon has a reputation beyond reputeDeacon has a reputation beyond reputeDeacon has a reputation beyond reputeDeacon has a reputation beyond reputeDeacon has a reputation beyond reputeDeacon has a reputation beyond reputeDeacon has a reputation beyond reputeDeacon has a reputation beyond reputeDeacon has a reputation beyond repute
I wish you luck all the way bro
Old 06-18-2010, 05:27 PM
Veteran

Viking has a reputation beyond reputeViking has a reputation beyond reputeViking has a reputation beyond reputeViking has a reputation beyond reputeViking has a reputation beyond reputeViking has a reputation beyond reputeViking has a reputation beyond reputeViking has a reputation beyond reputeViking has a reputation beyond reputeViking has a reputation beyond reputeViking has a reputation beyond repute
Thanks for the advice guys!

I got paid today and am looking at some boxing gloves and a bag for my house to run through when im not at the gym.
Old 06-26-2010, 01:08 AM
Veteran

Well so far so good, I love grappling/submission wrestling. I think this is what ive been looking for to fill this "hole" in my life after my football career has dwindled. I am actually decently gaining cardio, i went 3 to 4 rounds without break with the next biggest guy in the gym and came out really good. I am looking to register for a no gi tournament in october in my state. It's the only one going on the rest of the year so hopefully i can train hard and be prepared for it. It's in october so i will have a few months to prepare for it. And will be in the super heavyweight class since anything over 225 is supers.

I really love this grappling stuff!!!
Old 06-26-2010, 01:12 AM
Deacon Deacon Is Off Line
Lifetime Member

Deacon has a reputation beyond reputeDeacon has a reputation beyond reputeDeacon has a reputation beyond reputeDeacon has a reputation beyond reputeDeacon has a reputation beyond reputeDeacon has a reputation beyond reputeDeacon has a reputation beyond reputeDeacon has a reputation beyond reputeDeacon has a reputation beyond reputeDeacon has a reputation beyond reputeDeacon has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by rocketw19 View Post
No offence bro but any gym that lets you fight in a month and havnt even trained the first day yet is not the gym to be at!
If you come from a high level wrestling back ground or something like that then ya maybe.

if you do fight then good luck to ya you will be suprized at the cardio you are gonna need!

gotto agree with that!! good advice
Old 07-18-2010, 04:51 AM
mmafitness mmafitness Is Off Line
Worldclassbodybuilder

mmafitness is on a distinguished road
MMA Training Articles related to MMA and BJJ

This is the problem, I want to get into the UFC, so I decided that I want to train at Wolfslair MMA academy in Liverpool (UK). The only problem is that it is about 2-3 hours away from I live. I managed to go onto their website and e-mail them. They never reply back. Also I phoned them several times and no reply. Do you think this could be because Rampage and Michael Bisping are in USA training now and their training team have come along?

mma fitness