World Class Bodybuilding   Forum

BulkSupplements Egg Whites International A1Supplements.com i-Supplements Strength.com VitaSprings Myprotein Beyondsupplements
Go Back   World Class Bodybuilding Forum > Diet and Nutrition > Bodybuilding Fitness Recipes

Shoutbox

Bodybuilding Fitness Recipes Largest range of healthy bodybuilding fitness recipes for muscle building and fat loss! Get recipes for breakfast, post-workout, protein shakes and more

Old 10-28-2018, 07:15 PM
Crusader by Choice

paramuscle has a reputation beyond reputeparamuscle has a reputation beyond reputeparamuscle has a reputation beyond reputeparamuscle has a reputation beyond reputeparamuscle has a reputation beyond reputeparamuscle has a reputation beyond reputeparamuscle has a reputation beyond reputeparamuscle has a reputation beyond reputeparamuscle has a reputation beyond reputeparamuscle has a reputation beyond reputeparamuscle has a reputation beyond repute
A1 ?? Calling A1 !!

Tell me about the crockpot and what you can do to a brisket. I have never used one but I need some new recipes that are very low carb and high fat.....

I would appreciate the input my friend...

~PM

Old 10-29-2018, 12:01 AM
Dakota Dakota Is Off Line
WCBB Veteran

Dakota has a reputation beyond reputeDakota has a reputation beyond reputeDakota has a reputation beyond reputeDakota has a reputation beyond reputeDakota has a reputation beyond reputeDakota has a reputation beyond reputeDakota has a reputation beyond reputeDakota has a reputation beyond reputeDakota has a reputation beyond reputeDakota has a reputation beyond reputeDakota has a reputation beyond repute
Pretty hard to mess up using a crockpot bro. Toss in your beef and seasoning and let it cook. I like to lightly season and only use part of my added vegetables right in the beginning. Cooking that long causes a lot of the oils and favoring to cook off. Season and add your garlic, onions celery and the like with just enough time to cook them properly near the end when your meat is near ready. Your finished meal with have more of the flavor.

Very low carb is broccoli, cauli, zucchini, celery, asparagus, mushrooms and peppers. I like to use rutabagas. They are lower but not very low.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dakota For This Useful Post:
A1food4u (10-29-2018), paramuscle (10-29-2018)
Old 10-29-2018, 06:48 AM
Crusader by Choice

paramuscle has a reputation beyond reputeparamuscle has a reputation beyond reputeparamuscle has a reputation beyond reputeparamuscle has a reputation beyond reputeparamuscle has a reputation beyond reputeparamuscle has a reputation beyond reputeparamuscle has a reputation beyond reputeparamuscle has a reputation beyond reputeparamuscle has a reputation beyond reputeparamuscle has a reputation beyond reputeparamuscle has a reputation beyond repute
I knew the easy stuff bro, I was asking him because he’s a chef. Figured he would know some tricks that I wouldn’t know. Thanks.

~PM
Old 10-29-2018, 01:50 PM

Thanked 3,461 Times in 2,763 Posts
A1food4u has a reputation beyond reputeA1food4u has a reputation beyond reputeA1food4u has a reputation beyond reputeA1food4u has a reputation beyond reputeA1food4u has a reputation beyond reputeA1food4u has a reputation beyond reputeA1food4u has a reputation beyond reputeA1food4u has a reputation beyond reputeA1food4u has a reputation beyond reputeA1food4u has a reputation beyond reputeA1food4u has a reputation beyond repute
4 pounds beef brisket ( fat cap removed, cut into2-3 sections )

2 teaspoons liquid smoke
1 teaspoon garlic salt
2 teaspoons celery seed
5 teaspoons worcestershire sauce
2 teaspoons pepper
2 teaspoons tobacco (or other)
1/2 cup tomato paste
3/4 cup water
4 tablespoons onion (chopped)
4 tablespoons cider vinegar
1 tablespoons sugar
1 tablespoons brown sugar
Optional
1 can beer I use Guinness

place beef in crock with fattier side up, sprinkle with liquid smoke. rub
Place all remaining ingredients in a large bowl and mix well, pour over beef.
if you didn't use the can of beer the liquid may not cover beef, it's ok.
Turn crock pot to low and cook 6-8 hours or until tender.

eat the first meal right out of the pot. remove meat onto drying rack to let the excess fat run off. Cut into slices, chunks or shred, maybe a little of each so that you get the idea your eating something new each meal... Divide into your meal prep containers...
Old 10-29-2018, 01:53 PM

A1food4u has a reputation beyond reputeA1food4u has a reputation beyond reputeA1food4u has a reputation beyond reputeA1food4u has a reputation beyond reputeA1food4u has a reputation beyond reputeA1food4u has a reputation beyond reputeA1food4u has a reputation beyond reputeA1food4u has a reputation beyond reputeA1food4u has a reputation beyond reputeA1food4u has a reputation beyond reputeA1food4u has a reputation beyond repute
The thing that stops people from using one is the belief that everything comes out stewed.

I do pork ribs in the crock, come home, pull the ribs, let them air dry then finish them on the grill with sauce
Old 10-29-2018, 01:54 PM

With you not worrying about fat whole chickens work awesome, meat just falls off the bone tender and juicy, easy to pull the leftovers and make chicken salad or to throw into a veggie stirfry...
paramuscle (10-29-2018)
Old 10-29-2018, 02:35 PM
Community Veteran

Location: with dogs, goats, donkeys, chickens and a miniature pig...
Thanked 2,676 Times in 2,350 Posts
Big B has a reputation beyond reputeBig B has a reputation beyond reputeBig B has a reputation beyond reputeBig B has a reputation beyond reputeBig B has a reputation beyond reputeBig B has a reputation beyond reputeBig B has a reputation beyond reputeBig B has a reputation beyond reputeBig B has a reputation beyond reputeBig B has a reputation beyond reputeBig B has a reputation beyond repute
I’m hungry...
The Following User Says Thank You to Big B For This Useful Post:
paramuscle (10-29-2018)
Old 10-29-2018, 04:35 PM
Crusader by Choice

How would it be without the sugar? I think I’m gonna get one and try it..

Thanks

~PM
Old 10-30-2018, 12:21 PM

Stevia would work, not sure the conversion though, the brown sugar adds a richness... without the sugars cut the vinegar by 1/2.... It will be just fine!
paramuscle (10-31-2018)
Old 11-09-2018, 05:23 PM

This recipe isn't mine, found it on kitchen genius while I was researching for a Korean BBQ event in the spring, but I remembered this thread and thought you might like it, should work equally well for either beef or pork ribs

˝ cup low sodium soy sauce
˝ cup light brown sugar (packed) omit or use sugar sub
2 tablespoons sesame oil
2 tablespoons rice vinegar
2 tablespoons fresh ginger (minced)
4 garlic cloves (crushed)
˝ teaspoon red pepper flakes
5 pounds beef short ribs (or 5 lbs pork ribs)
3 tablespoons cornstarch
1 ˝ cups carrots (shredded)
3 scallions (trimmed and thinly sliced)
1 tablespoon sesame seeds
3 cups white rice (cooked)

Blend soy sauce, sugar, oil, vinegar, ginger, garlic and red pepper in bowl.
Place ribs in 5 quart slow cooker, add sauce. Cover, cook on High for 6 hours or Low for 9 hours, until meat is tender.
Transfer ribs to a platter. Skim and discard excess fat from liquid. Combine cornstarch and 3 tablespoons water; blend with liquid in a saucepan. Bring to a boil over high heat and cook for 2 minutes, stirring, until thickened. Stir in carrots. Top ribs with sauce, scallions and sesame seeds.
Serve over cooked rice.

If your keto should be good over stir fried veggies