World Class Bodybuilding   Forum

BulkSupplements Egg Whites International A1Supplements.com i-Supplements Strength.com VitaSprings Myprotein Beyondsupplements
Go Back   World Class Bodybuilding Forum > Diet and Nutrition > Bodybuilding Fitness Recipes

Bodybuilding Fitness Recipes Largest range of healthy bodybuilding fitness recipes for muscle building and fat loss! Get recipes for breakfast, post-workout, protein shakes and more

Old 12-08-2019, 09:43 AM

Thanked 3,847 Times in 2,972 Posts
jipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond repute
Not sure A1. I read her log and if anyone can do vege keto, she can. She has the self discipline.

Vandoo "Yes, I lift faster."
Get your liquid egg whites here at EGG WHITES INTERNATIONAL

Old 12-08-2019, 11:33 AM

Thanked 3,780 Times in 3,008 Posts
A1food4u has a reputation beyond reputeA1food4u has a reputation beyond reputeA1food4u has a reputation beyond reputeA1food4u has a reputation beyond reputeA1food4u has a reputation beyond reputeA1food4u has a reputation beyond reputeA1food4u has a reputation beyond reputeA1food4u has a reputation beyond reputeA1food4u has a reputation beyond reputeA1food4u has a reputation beyond reputeA1food4u has a reputation beyond repute
True, her diet though has gone through several changes and stages, just want to make sure I have the latest info on it but she hasn't given me an answer yet... you know me I love to help, but I feel like a dope making suggestions just to find they won't fir her current diet.
Old 12-16-2019, 07:08 AM

jipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond repute
Hey A1, request....

It is winter and I like a hot bowl of soup when it is cold.
Can you show us a recipe for a nice hearty chicken soup that has tons of flavor, is fairly healthy and filling. (I hate thin weak soup where you are hungry in an hour)

Traditional? nah for all I care it can be Thai/German fusion. (that would be an odd combo wouldn't it?)

Old 12-16-2019, 01:31 PM

A1food4u has a reputation beyond reputeA1food4u has a reputation beyond reputeA1food4u has a reputation beyond reputeA1food4u has a reputation beyond reputeA1food4u has a reputation beyond reputeA1food4u has a reputation beyond reputeA1food4u has a reputation beyond reputeA1food4u has a reputation beyond reputeA1food4u has a reputation beyond reputeA1food4u has a reputation beyond reputeA1food4u has a reputation beyond repute
The key here is a two step solution

You make a really rich stock out of bones, necks, feet . a good 8 hour reduction is best. You then put that in fridge to cool. when fat hardens on top remove it. now either throw away if your really cutting or save it to add flavor to a sauté of veggies. My recipe is for 40 gallons of stock, the one below is from an on line source I like and looks almost identical but makes an appropriate size batch. I will follow up tomorrow with a couple soups to be made from it/ using it....

Ingredients

1 whole whole chicken -- or 2-3 pounds of chicken bones such as necks , backs, wings, and breast bones
4 to 6 quarts filtered water
1 tablespoon sea salt
3-4 stalks celery , coarsely chopped
2-3 large carrots , coarsely chopped
1-2 large onions , quartered
1 bulb bulb garlic , cloves separated and halved
1 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
2 teaspoons dried thyme
1 bunch parsley

Instructions

1.Divide the chicken into 9 pieces -- 2 wings, 2 thighs, 2 legs, 2 breasts, 1 back. (If the chicken neck is included, cut or break into several pieces.) Place chicken pieces in a large (6-8 quart) pot with water and salt.

2.Boil for 30-40 minutes or until chicken is cooked through. Skim off any brown foam from broth. Transfer chicken to a platter and allow to cool until easy to handle; reserve broth in the pot.

3.Strip meat from bones and reserve for other recipes. (I do not recommend using the meat for the stock because the texture becomes dry and mealy when cooked too long and doesn't add to the quality of the stock.)

If using a collection of bones, START HERE:

1.Place bones, celery, carrots, onions, and garlic in a roasting pan with 1/2 cup of water to cover the bottom of the pan. Bake at 400°F for 30-45 minutes or until bones and vegetables are a dark golden brown.

2.Be sure to check periodically to add a little water to the pan so the bottom does not burn. When done, transfer bones and vegetables to the pot with the broth. Add 1 cup of water to the roasting pan, stirring and scraping to loosen any browned bits.

3.Pour this roasting liquid into the pot and add the apple cider vinegar and thyme. Fill the pot with enough filtered water to cover the contents plus about 2 inches above. (If starting with just bones, there will not be broth to add water to, just fill the pot with filtered water.)

4.Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 6 to 24 hours (remove any brown foam with a slotted spoon). The longer it simmers, the richer and more flavorful it will become.
jipped genes (12-17-2019)
Old 12-17-2019, 07:14 AM

Thank you brother. This is just what I wanted.

Old 12-17-2019, 03:09 PM

now, pull that chicken meat off the bone and set it aside..
then do this..

6 cups of the chicken stock
1 8-ounce can tomato juice
1/2 head cabbage (Diced)
4 stalks celery (diced)
3 each carrots (Diced)
1 cn Tomatoes
1 bag (24 oz) of any vegetable blend you like my favorite is a Mexican style corn
2 each peeled potatoes (diced)

put everything in except chicken. simmer for 30 min . now add
2 TBSP chopped garlic
1 TBSP basil
1 TBSP oregano
2 TBSP Worcestershire
and the chicken meat
adjust salt and pepper to your taste

stir. turn off heat. eat in 5 min....

Very low cal, very filling with all the fiber. Good luck!!!!
Old 12-18-2019, 12:48 PM

This one is kick ass but not as healthy. . .

Creamy Chicken w/ Wild Rice Soup

INGREDIENTS:
• 1 1/3 cups (8 oz) uncooked wild rice
• 3 lb Broiler-fryer chicken, cut up
• 7 cups Water
• 12 oz Sliced mushrooms
• 2 tb Cooking oil
• 1 cup Chopped onion
• 1 cup Chopped celery
• 2 tablespoons chicken bouillon granules
• 3/4 teaspoon White pepper
• 1/2 teaspoon Salt
• 1/2 cup Butter
• 3/4 cup Flour
• 4 cups Milk
• 3/4 cup Dry white wine
PREPARATION:
Partially cook wild rice according to package directions, but for 30 minutes; drain off liquid and rinse. Set the partially cooked rice aside.
In a large Dutch oven or stockpot, combine the chicken and water and bring to boiling. Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 35 to 40 minutes or until chicken is tender. Remove chicken from broth and let stand until cool enough to handle. Skim fat from broth. Strain and reserve broth. Remove chicken meat from bones. Cut into bite-size pieces.
In the same pot, cook mushrooms in hot oil for 4 to 5 minutes or until tender.
Add onion and celery. Cover and cook for 5 to 10 minutes or until tender, stirring once (I'd probably do the onion and celery first, until translucent, and then add mushrooms and cover and cook). Remove from heat. Return broth to the stock pot.
Add partially cooked wild rice to the chicken broth. Stir in the granules, white pepper and salt. Bring to boiling and then reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, for 15 minutes.
In a large saucepan, melt the butter; stir in the flour until smooth. Add milk all at once. Cook and stir until bubbly. Stir into soup mixture. Stir in the chicken pieces and the dry white wine; heat through. Serves 8.
Old 12-19-2019, 02:12 PM

using the stock we made earlier

Greek style Avgolemono

8 cups chicken broth
1 tablespoon chicken bouillon powder (this is optional if your stock has good flavor)
1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
1⁄3 cup fresh lemon juice (for a strong lemon flavor increase to 1/2 cup lemon juice, use fresh only)
1 small onion, finely chopped
1 stalk celery, finely diced
1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
1⁄4 cup butter (very soft)
1⁄4 cup flour
7 egg yolks
salt (to taste)
2 -3 cups cooked cubed chicken
cooked white rice
lemon slice

DIRECTIONS
1. In a large pot combine the chicken broth, lemon juice, bouillon powder, garlic powder, chopped onion, celery and black pepper; bring to a boil.
2. Reduce heat to low and simmer 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
3. In a bowl whisk the very soft butter with flour until smooth.
4. While the soup is simmering gradually add to the broth stirring/whisking constantly; then simmer for about 10 minutes.
5. Meanwhile in a heat-proof bowl beat or whisk the egg yolks until pale in colour.
6. Gradually add a little of the hot soup into the egg yolks whisking/stirring constantly.
7. Return the egg mixture back into the pot and heat through, stirring constantly.
8. Season with salt to taste.
9. Add in the cooked rice and chicken then heat through.
10. Ladle into bowls and top each bowl with 1 or 2 lemon slices.