World Class Bodybuilding   Forum

BulkSupplements Egg Whites International A1Supplements.com i-Supplements HideMyAss
Go Back   World Class Bodybuilding Forum > Bodybuilding Fitness Training > Powerlifting Strongman

Shoutbox

Powerlifting Strongman Discussion on powerlifting, strength and more, including the squat, dead lift, and bench press

Old 06-02-2017, 12:18 PM
The Flannel wearing Catnut!

3Vandoo has a reputation beyond repute3Vandoo has a reputation beyond repute3Vandoo has a reputation beyond repute3Vandoo has a reputation beyond repute3Vandoo has a reputation beyond repute3Vandoo has a reputation beyond repute3Vandoo has a reputation beyond repute3Vandoo has a reputation beyond repute3Vandoo has a reputation beyond repute3Vandoo has a reputation beyond repute3Vandoo has a reputation beyond repute

Old 06-03-2017, 03:04 AM
Administrator

Thanked 18,137 Times in 10,504 Posts
basskiller has a reputation beyond reputebasskiller has a reputation beyond reputebasskiller has a reputation beyond reputebasskiller has a reputation beyond reputebasskiller has a reputation beyond reputebasskiller has a reputation beyond reputebasskiller has a reputation beyond reputebasskiller has a reputation beyond reputebasskiller has a reputation beyond reputebasskiller has a reputation beyond reputebasskiller has a reputation beyond repute
Dr Squat. R.i.p.

Luckily, we have alot of his articles and training methods to go upon..

His legacy is most definitely secure.

W C B B Sponsors
Species Nutrition
Suppz.com - Supplement Superstore
PrecisionPinz

W C B B Affiliates
PowderCity.com
BulkSupplements.com
HideMyAss Security Proxy<---- Protect your online activity
Home Chemistry Conversions
Egg Whites International <---100% Bio-Available Egg White Protein

Remember... Any advice given on this board is just an opinion and not to be taken as medical advice. WCBB doesn't advocate or condone use of steroids. Check the laws in your country. WCBB just provides the platform in which to discuss such matters
Old 06-03-2017, 02:12 PM
bigtex bigtex Is Off Line
WCBB Veteran

bigtex has a reputation beyond reputebigtex has a reputation beyond reputebigtex has a reputation beyond reputebigtex has a reputation beyond reputebigtex has a reputation beyond reputebigtex has a reputation beyond reputebigtex has a reputation beyond reputebigtex has a reputation beyond reputebigtex has a reputation beyond reputebigtex has a reputation beyond reputebigtex has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by MR. BMJ View Post
Just read that he passed away. Fukken dude was a legend. RIP
Very sad. Hatfield and I were pretty close for quite a few years. He awarded me two honorary title from the ISSA. Fred also got me a job writing for Muscle and Fitness when he was there as the sports science editor. We kind of drifted apart because of some big differences in the direction the sport of powerlifting was going. I am guessing the cancer he had finally caught up with him. Through Dr. Hatfield I introduced to people like Dr. Sal Arria, Dr. Mauro Di Pasquale, Charles Staley, Pat Gamboa, Bill Pearl, Dr. Thomas Fahey, Doc Kreis, Tom Platz and of course Joe Weider. Hatfield was a legend and certainly respected by a lot of people in this industry.

RIP!

http://muscle-insider.com/news/dr-fred-hatfield-dies

I will see if I can find Fred Jr's contact information and find out what happened.

Here is the guy who was the 1st to officially squat over 1000 pounds (1003lbs). Lee Moran, who I knew did it in 1984 at the USPF Nationals. I was at this meet with my roommate at the time Jim Cash. Hatfield came back in 1987 in Hawaii at Gus Gus Rethwisch's World Record Breaker's meet and beat that with a 1014. Lee was a wild man and an ex-Hells Angel. When set that 1003 record it was on his 3rd attempt. The 1st attempt he got off balance and dumped the weight to one side and then to the other. The 2nd attempt he passed out cold. He finally got up and completed the 3rd attempt. Hatfield was pretty crazy in his days too. Some of the stories he has told me about challenging one of the best Russian Olympic lifters to a squat challenge for vodka. The Russian lost.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LeAkTU_3Ceg

Last edited by bigtex; 06-03-2017 at 03:10 PM.