World Class Bodybuilding   Forum

BulkSupplements Egg Whites International A1Supplements.com i-Supplements Strength.com VitaSprings Myprotein Beyondsupplements
Go Back   World Class Bodybuilding Forum > Survivalist Prepper Area > Firearms and other weapons

Old 01-12-2022, 12:14 PM
Swellin Swellin Is Off Line
Community Veteran

Swellin has a reputation beyond reputeSwellin has a reputation beyond reputeSwellin has a reputation beyond reputeSwellin has a reputation beyond reputeSwellin has a reputation beyond reputeSwellin has a reputation beyond reputeSwellin has a reputation beyond reputeSwellin has a reputation beyond reputeSwellin has a reputation beyond reputeSwellin has a reputation beyond reputeSwellin has a reputation beyond repute
Training/Classes

How many of you guys are actively pursuing firearms training, and who are you training with? Usually LE/Mil answers are different from civilian ones, and I would love to see both.

Any bucket list trainers you want to throw out there for the rest of us?

I think I am three years into this, so I'm still a newb. I grew up with guns and hunting, and I've competed in benchrest rimfire, skeet, and trap, in formal competition. But none of that actually prepared me to carry a firearm daily, or for use as a home defense weapon.

The trainers I've been to who are pretty well known, are : Tom Givens, Brian Hill (just starting to become nationally recognized), Scott Jedlinksi, Bill Blowers, and most recently Chuck Pressburg.

I've grown tremendously as a shooter, as a result of each of those classes. they taught different things. Tom has put together the an outstanding curriculum for the defensive pistol shooter, and how that works for you in daily life. He also gets in your head a little about how things happen. Brian coaches you physically and mentally, and is one of the most gifted teachers I've ever encountered in any setting .Jedi shows you how to go fast...really fast. Bill shows you what a freak of nature he is and what you should be accepting as okay and what is not. Chuck teaches you why accuracy is final, and anything outside of the 9 ring might have you hitting the neighbor as well.
The No fail Pistol class from Presscheck consulting, scrambled my noodle pretty well. It wasn't about manipulating a firearm, but about reading what the dot an the trigger are telling you, and not breaking a shot when the info doesn't support it. I'm talking about weeks of introspection to decide if I even have any business carrying a firearm. Chuck is an awesome dude, and a great instructor. We spent two days shooting B8 repair centers from 25 yards, freestyle, SHO, & WHO. I performed more accurately than I knew was possible. He constantly screwed with me about my speed, and how much time I have left to get better hits, instead of breaking the shot too early for some mental timer, and getting okay hits.

This year I will be training with Jedi, Greg Ellifritz, Blowers, Larry Lindenman, Brian Hill and Tim Herron....so far.

Let's hear some of your best classes and best instructors, as well as bucket list classes and instructors.
Get your liquid egg whites here at EGG WHITES INTERNATIONAL

Old 01-12-2022, 04:42 PM
Genetic Freak Genetic Freak Is Off Line

Thanked 6,965 Times in 5,288 Posts
Genetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond repute
All of my training is from the military: Coaches Course, Primary Marksmanship Instructor's Course, Close Combat Instructor Course, Close Quarters Battle Course, Combat Marksmanship Instructor Trainer, Combat Instructor and Small Arms Weapons Instructor Course. Those were decades ago.

I do not have any civilian training other than the required concealed carry course (not required anymore in my state). I train mostly on my own, but have stopped the last couple years due to the ammo shortage, mainly primers and powder shortage.

There is one guy out in town who does defensive shooting from vehicles that I wanted to give a try.

No one gives a f**k about you once it inconveniences them.
The Following User Says Thank You to Genetic Freak For This Useful Post:
Swellin (01-13-2022)
Old 01-14-2022, 09:10 AM

Thanked 5,804 Times in 4,381 Posts
jipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond repute
I used to train at a place called Patriot protection. It was 1 hr of classroom then 1 hour of range and 1 hour of sim training which I do not miss. I still have a significant scar on my trigger finger.

I have not even been to the range in over a year. I may go today

I want to train with Voda, he is obviously the best if you watch this vid.

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Vandoo "Yes, I lift faster."
Old 01-15-2022, 07:26 AM
Community Veteran

Thanked 2,498 Times in 2,042 Posts
trip has a reputation beyond reputetrip has a reputation beyond reputetrip has a reputation beyond reputetrip has a reputation beyond reputetrip has a reputation beyond reputetrip has a reputation beyond reputetrip has a reputation beyond reputetrip has a reputation beyond reputetrip has a reputation beyond reputetrip has a reputation beyond reputetrip has a reputation beyond repute
thanks for posting, think it's super cool to be super into it....and part of it is sharing

for me, volatile family....result, not a fan of weapons at all
Old 01-15-2022, 10:12 AM
Community Veteran

Thanked 1,696 Times in 1,199 Posts
blm has a reputation beyond reputeblm has a reputation beyond reputeblm has a reputation beyond reputeblm has a reputation beyond reputeblm has a reputation beyond reputeblm has a reputation beyond reputeblm has a reputation beyond reputeblm has a reputation beyond reputeblm has a reputation beyond reputeblm has a reputation beyond reputeblm has a reputation beyond repute
I haven't done anything in over 2 years. Prior to that I was doing a lot of handgun training with monarch defense out of California. I burned through about 5k 9mm rounds in a little over 2 years. I miss it. He no longer comes to Florida because of COVID and he purchased a massive property where he has been dumping a ton of time and money into the facilities for every type of firearm training and scenario.
Old 01-17-2022, 09:33 AM

Thanked 5,804 Times in 4,381 Posts
jipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond repute
Made me start looking into places since the place I used to go closed.

I found this place but it is a long drive.

https://www.fortworthcombatives.com/firearms/

Vandoo "Yes, I lift faster."