World Class Bodybuilding   Forum

BulkSupplements Egg Whites International A1Supplements.com i-Supplements Strength.com VitaSprings Myprotein Beyondsupplements
Go Back   World Class Bodybuilding Forum > Bodybuilding Fitness Training > Boxing

Shoutbox

Boxing Boxing forum with discussions on the latest boxing news, upcoming fights, results and boxing history

Old 05-01-2019, 06:06 AM

Thanked 3,309 Times in 2,543 Posts
jipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond repute
Canelo vs jacobs

This one looks pretty good to me. Jacobs has a better finishing % than Canelo. uses his range well and mixes up his power shots well.

Also Jacobs has great reach advantage. Canelo is used to fighting taller guys but is Jacobs used to fighting shorter guys who can get inside really well?

Great boxing match.

Vandoo "Yes, I lift faster."
Get your liquid egg whites here at EGG WHITES INTERNATIONAL

Old 05-04-2019, 07:47 AM

jipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond repute
I do not see Canelo loosing. He is apparently about a -650 favorite while Jacobs is +350.

I am not really interested in this fight other than Canelo. Jacobs is a really good pure boxer. Great movement and speed but lacks power to keep Canelo at bay.

Old 05-04-2019, 09:03 AM
Genetic Freak Genetic Freak Is Off Line

Thanked 3,707 Times in 2,939 Posts
Genetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond repute
Jacobs actually has tons of power if he is allowed to rehydrate. Canelo would not sign the fight without a rehydrate clause that did not allow either fighter to gain more than 10 lbs after Friday's weigh in. I would love to see Jacobs knock him out, but that is not going to happen. I see Canelo winning a close decision.
Old 05-05-2019, 09:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genetic Freak View Post
Jacobs actually has tons of power if he is allowed to rehydrate. Canelo would not sign the fight without a rehydrate clause that did not allow either fighter to gain more than 10 lbs after Friday's weigh in. I would love to see Jacobs knock him out, but that is not going to happen. I see Canelo winning a close decision.
That is what happened although not so close. Jacobs power did not phase Canelo a big. he took a straight up full power shot to the chin and did not blink. Canelo stung Jacobs a couple times. not bad but enough to disrupt him.

Jacobs threw more punches but still landed far less. His accuracy was low 20% where as Canelo threw the cleanest shots and landed at 45ish %. Jacobs later in the fight would get Canelo on the ropes and throw a long combo and nothing would land, Canelo would throw 2 power shots and back him off enough to slip out with 1 landing.

It was a real fine boxing match. The round management was really good for Canelo's team. They gave Jacobs a few rounds while Canelo rested then Canelo would come out and throw more. I believe the second round Canelo threw more punches by far than his average. Jacobs felt the power and never got into stride.

Also the slipping and fading of Canelo was MASTERFUL. He would stand in front of Jacobs while he threw combos with just his right hand up and his left across his body and make Jacobs miss.

I wish the fight had more fireworks but it was still beautiful to watch, i am not the biggest Canelo fan but the guy is a masterful boxer. It was odd to see the crowd at the sports bar was mixed along racial lines. Hispanic and African American. Luckily everyone behaved and even in the end the looser's fans gave props to the better boxer.

Old 05-05-2019, 12:52 PM
Genetic Freak Genetic Freak Is Off Line

Thanked 3,707 Times in 2,939 Posts
Genetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond reputeGenetic Freak has a reputation beyond repute
That is how Jacobs fights. He throws a ton of power punches with a low connect rate. The guy has great conditioning to keep throwing as much as he does in the later rounds. He is just not as skilled as Canelo or GGG. Although if it was not for his flash knockdown against GGG that fight would have been a majority draw.

In order for someone to beat Canelo they have to take him out of his game like Floyd did. I would have loved to see a prime Hopkins fight Canelo. To me Hopkins was even better than Floyd at frustrating fighters and making them look terrible. Not to mention Hopkins was a lifetime middleweight. If someone cannot take Canelo out of his game the only other way I see him losing is against father time. There are a couple really strong and young middleweights that in 4-5 years are going to be terrors.
Old 05-06-2019, 05:58 AM

Agree, with all you said. Although i am not familiar with the terrors you speak of. I would like to check em out.

Canelo is pretty adaptable too. He can switch styles pretty well. He can be a pinpoint boxer with a guy his height and work from the outside, he showed he can slip and duck and play good defense, and he can brawl.

I think his quickness is his best attribute then power. He is such a low punch count fighter without it he would be a middle of the road guy.