World Class Bodybuilding   Forum

BulkSupplements Egg Whites International A1Supplements.com i-Supplements Strength.com VitaSprings Myprotein Beyondsupplements
Go Back   World Class Bodybuilding Forum > Anabolic Steroid Discussion > Hormone Replacement Therapy

Shoutbox

Hormone Replacement Therapy Learn and discuss more on Testosterone Therapy and Hormone Replacement The role testosterone plays in maintaining youthful Testosterone Levels, alleviating depression, as well as inducing fat loss in those who are unable to reduce body weight regardless of diet and exercise.

Old 02-15-2017, 05:15 PM
Lumpy Moderator

Thanked 4,454 Times in 2,816 Posts
Glycomann has a reputation beyond reputeGlycomann has a reputation beyond reputeGlycomann has a reputation beyond reputeGlycomann has a reputation beyond reputeGlycomann has a reputation beyond reputeGlycomann has a reputation beyond reputeGlycomann has a reputation beyond reputeGlycomann has a reputation beyond reputeGlycomann has a reputation beyond reputeGlycomann has a reputation beyond reputeGlycomann has a reputation beyond repute
GH dose response curves up to 6 IU

GH dose response curves up to 6 IU
J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 1988 Jul;67(1):36-40.
Dose-response studies with biosynthetic human growth hormone (GH) in GH-deficient patients.
Jørgensen JO1, Flyvbjerg A, Lauritzen T, Alberti KG, Orskov H, Christiansen JS.
Author information
Abstract

Increasing doses of biosynthetic human GH (R-hGH) were given sc to seven GH-deficient patients for three consecutive 14-day periods (2, 4, and 6 IU/day at 2000 h), followed by 14 days of no GH therapy. At the end of each period each patient was hospitalized for frequent blood sampling from 2000 to 1100 h the following day. A dose-dependent increase in serum GH and serum insulin-like growth factor I (IGF-I) levels occurred. However, the time course of the serum IGF-I concentrations was different on the four occasions; there was a significant fall in the evening when no therapy was given (P less than 0.01), a significant increase after injections of 2 IU R-hGH, and constant levels during treatment with 4 and 6 IU R-hGH. Plasma glucose levels were within the normal range, with a significantly lower fasting level (at 0400 h) when no GH was given. Breakfast induced a plasma glucose rise when GH was administered, but no rise without GH, and a postprandial serum insulin response that was GH dose dependent. GH therapy increased serum FFA (P less than 0.05) and blood 3-hydroxybutyrate levels, but had no effect on blood alanine or lactate or serum triglyceride and cholesterol levels. We conclude that the serum IGF-I response to GH is dose dependent, and that a GH replacement dose of 2 IU/day (equalling 1.5 IU/m2.day) is insufficient to maintain normal diurnal serum IGF-I levels. Furthermore, a GH-independent diurnal variation in serum IGF-I in these patients is suggested. This GH preparation also has diabetogenic and lipolytic actions.

PMID:
DOI:
10.1210/jcem-67-1-36

Article link below.

https://oup.silverchair-cdn.com/oup/...CZBIA4LVPAVW3Q