World Class Bodybuilding   Forum

BulkSupplements Egg Whites International A1Supplements.com i-Supplements Strength.com VitaSprings Myprotein Beyondsupplements
Go Back   World Class Bodybuilding Forum > Bodybuilding Fitness Training > Medical and Physical Therapy questions

Shoutbox

Medical and Physical Therapy questions A place to talk about current and or past injuries and possibly how to deal with those injuries. Any advice should not be considered as medical advice, but rather from one person to another as you might ask a friend.

Old 02-20-2018, 12:04 PM
Pimpin ain't easy

Thanked 2,010 Times in 1,489 Posts
-TE- has a reputation beyond repute-TE- has a reputation beyond repute-TE- has a reputation beyond repute-TE- has a reputation beyond repute-TE- has a reputation beyond repute-TE- has a reputation beyond repute-TE- has a reputation beyond repute-TE- has a reputation beyond repute-TE- has a reputation beyond repute-TE- has a reputation beyond repute-TE- has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMuscleMan View Post
I am going to do my best and get through this as fast as I can without hurting myself.

Thanks
TMM
That's my exact attitude. I'm going to do everything that I am allowed with maximum effort. But I will only do what I am allowed.
Get your liquid egg whites here at EGG WHITES INTERNATIONAL

Old 02-20-2018, 01:48 PM
TommyD TommyD Is Off Line
Community Veteran

Thanked 1,272 Times in 1,027 Posts
TommyD has a reputation beyond reputeTommyD has a reputation beyond reputeTommyD has a reputation beyond reputeTommyD has a reputation beyond reputeTommyD has a reputation beyond reputeTommyD has a reputation beyond reputeTommyD has a reputation beyond reputeTommyD has a reputation beyond reputeTommyD has a reputation beyond reputeTommyD has a reputation beyond reputeTommyD has a reputation beyond repute
I pushed mine, I sorta followed the doc and therapists advice but, like always, I have to see how big the envelope is. The second one I figgered the first went fine so lets go a little faster. It was early spring and my grrl at the time wanted a veggie garden. I figgered why not but found out after the inch of topsoil it was all clay. I was doing IGF and Cissus immediatly after both surgeries, I think GH would have been better if i had the funds but was happy with my results.

I was pleased I didn't knock out any teeth trying to brush them left hand, I kinda looked like a spaz going at it.
Old 02-21-2018, 05:50 AM
TheMuscleMan TheMuscleMan Is Off Line
WCBB Veteran

TheMuscleMan has a reputation beyond reputeTheMuscleMan has a reputation beyond reputeTheMuscleMan has a reputation beyond reputeTheMuscleMan has a reputation beyond reputeTheMuscleMan has a reputation beyond reputeTheMuscleMan has a reputation beyond reputeTheMuscleMan has a reputation beyond reputeTheMuscleMan has a reputation beyond reputeTheMuscleMan has a reputation beyond reputeTheMuscleMan has a reputation beyond reputeTheMuscleMan has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyD View Post
I pushed mine, I sorta followed the doc and therapists advice but, like always, I have to see how big the envelope is. The second one I figgered the first went fine so lets go a little faster. It was early spring and my grrl at the time wanted a veggie garden. I figgered why not but found out after the inch of topsoil it was all clay. I was doing IGF and Cissus immediatly after both surgeries, I think GH would have been better if i had the funds but was happy with my results.

I was pleased I didn't knock out any teeth trying to brush them left hand, I kinda looked like a spaz going at it.
It's the little movements that we take for granted that really come out when you have your dominant arm immobilized. Like you said brushing your teeth left handed, I get toothpaste flying and.splattering everywhere. Wiping after using the toilet sucks. Washing the right side of your face and ear, and if you get an itch in your right ear you go mad trying to get in there with your left finger. All the small things become huge left handed.

Thanks
TMM
The Following User Says Thank You to TheMuscleMan For This Useful Post:
TommyD (02-21-2018)
Old 02-21-2018, 05:03 PM

Thanked 1,844 Times in 1,364 Posts
Darkness has a reputation beyond reputeDarkness has a reputation beyond reputeDarkness has a reputation beyond reputeDarkness has a reputation beyond reputeDarkness has a reputation beyond reputeDarkness has a reputation beyond reputeDarkness has a reputation beyond reputeDarkness has a reputation beyond reputeDarkness has a reputation beyond reputeDarkness has a reputation beyond reputeDarkness has a reputation beyond repute
Sounds like you have a solid plan and are executing it. The best happens when both of these are true. You'll be solid in no time.
Old 02-21-2018, 05:33 PM
WCBB Veteran

TheMuscleMan has a reputation beyond reputeTheMuscleMan has a reputation beyond reputeTheMuscleMan has a reputation beyond reputeTheMuscleMan has a reputation beyond reputeTheMuscleMan has a reputation beyond reputeTheMuscleMan has a reputation beyond reputeTheMuscleMan has a reputation beyond reputeTheMuscleMan has a reputation beyond reputeTheMuscleMan has a reputation beyond reputeTheMuscleMan has a reputation beyond reputeTheMuscleMan has a reputation beyond repute
Pt went good today. I felt good going in, I wasn't too stiff, I did all the exercises and went further than before on each one. My shoulder felt looser so the exercises didn't feel that bad today. It seems each day I can go father on each exercise but today I felt like I went double far on them with no pain. I am just under two weeks post surgery. I pretty much go in and the therapist tells me if she wants me to do my exercises first or if she is going to work on my arm first and then I take it from there and just go through all the exercises myself with no help. They constantly ask me if I am ok or if I'm doing alright and I tell them yes and pound through the exercises. I give it my all on each rep of each exercise. I don't do too much but I go to that threshold each time and each time the threshold is farther.

My throat is getting alittle better each day. I still have 5 days of meds left so I think it's doing good. I'll go for a check up when I finish the meds and make sure everything is on track to being normal again.

I see the doc tomorrow for my first recheck. I do pt first then after I'm done he comes over and evals me.

Thanks
TMM
Old 02-23-2018, 05:22 AM
Worldclassbodybuilder

Vworacle has a reputation beyond reputeVworacle has a reputation beyond reputeVworacle has a reputation beyond reputeVworacle has a reputation beyond reputeVworacle has a reputation beyond reputeVworacle has a reputation beyond reputeVworacle has a reputation beyond reputeVworacle has a reputation beyond reputeVworacle has a reputation beyond reputeVworacle has a reputation beyond reputeVworacle has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMuscleMan View Post
It's the little movements that we take for granted that really come out when you have your dominant arm immobilized. Like you said brushing your teeth left handed, I get toothpaste flying and.splattering everywhere. Wiping after using the toilet sucks. Washing the right side of your face and ear, and if you get an itch in your right ear you go mad trying to get in there with your left finger. All the small things become huge left handed.

Thanks
TMM
Shaving my face and head, and using a spoon.
Old 02-23-2018, 05:43 AM
WCBB Veteran

I had my 6th pt appointment yesterday and my 1st doctor recheck. All the exercises went well, I got bumped up to using a 2lb weight for all my wrist exercises. When the therapist was working on me she was able to get my arm almost all the way up over my head while I was laying on my back. That is even farther than last time.

The doc seen me and explained my surgery alittle more to me. I had alot going on in my shoulder so there was alot of cleaning and grinding stuff out. He only had to use one anchor to tie everything down. He said my other shoulder surgery had held up pretty good but it did tear again. My supraspinatus was sheared off which is why I had real bad pain in my trap. He told me that I am ahead of the game in terms of progress and he has no concerns with me at all. He said my range of motion is alot more than he thought I should be at already. He said he expects me to be done with or in about 6 weeks and to be recovered in 3 months. That is a big improvement from the original 1-2 years recovery he had gave me initially.

All in all my shoulder is coming along real good. My throat has gotten way better and I was able to eat Wendy's.

Thanks
TMM
The Following User Says Thank You to TheMuscleMan For This Useful Post:
Vworacle (02-26-2018)
Old 02-27-2018, 09:51 PM
WCBB Veteran

Over last weekend my shoulder seemed stiffer than it had been during the week. I had been doing the same exercises so I am not sure why it was more stiff, maybe from sleeping or maybe I pushed alittle harder than I should have on my exercises one of the days, I am not sure. I had my 7th pt appointment on Monday and it went well, I got to add another exercise and I got bumped up to a larger size ball to do my ball rollouts with, was using red now I'm using green. I had a new pt therapist today, she isn't new to the place but she has not worked on me up until this appointment. She kind of took it easy on me with my stretches to get me used to her and comfortable with how she does things. It was cool and the appointment was good. I had my 8th appointment today and I had the same therapist as yesterday and she went farther with my stretches and I did very well. I added a different exercise for my grip strength today, I was using a putty to squeeze and now I use this round web looking thing made out of rubber and it is full of holes that you put your fingers in and squeeze tight and open your hand wide, so it's grip strength and opening the hand strength. I like it better than the putty because I can go out also where with putty it is only squeeze in. I used the green web today and it is pretty tough opening the hand but much easier closing the hand. I also got to add a new exercise where I lay on my back and hold a cane in both hand about shoulder width maybe a bit closer and using my good arm I raise the cane up as far as I can going over my head with my hurt arm just along for the ride. I got my arms almost all the way over my head to where my arms were almost touching the table. I also did much better on all other exercises pushing further than before. I would say everything is going great and I am progressing fast. Next appointment is Thursday. This Friday will be three weeks post surgery. I get out of my sling after four weeks, so another week and a half from today then I get to do alot more stuff for my PT, I am so anxious to get out of the sling and get doing exercises that help me build up the strength to pick my arm up without assistance.

Thanks
TMM
Old 02-28-2018, 06:24 AM
Community Veteran

Thanked 1,627 Times in 1,350 Posts
trip has a reputation beyond reputetrip has a reputation beyond reputetrip has a reputation beyond reputetrip has a reputation beyond reputetrip has a reputation beyond reputetrip has a reputation beyond reputetrip has a reputation beyond reputetrip has a reputation beyond reputetrip has a reputation beyond reputetrip has a reputation beyond reputetrip has a reputation beyond repute
really enjoy the log, thanks tmm
Old 05-30-2018, 11:19 AM
Pimpin ain't easy

Thanked 2,010 Times in 1,489 Posts
-TE- has a reputation beyond repute-TE- has a reputation beyond repute-TE- has a reputation beyond repute-TE- has a reputation beyond repute-TE- has a reputation beyond repute-TE- has a reputation beyond repute-TE- has a reputation beyond repute-TE- has a reputation beyond repute-TE- has a reputation beyond repute-TE- has a reputation beyond repute-TE- has a reputation beyond repute
Bump for an update.