World Class Bodybuilding   Forum

BulkSupplements Egg Whites International A1Supplements.com i-Supplements Strength.com VitaSprings Myprotein Beyondsupplements
Go Back   World Class Bodybuilding Forum > Anabolic Steroid Discussion > Hormone Replacement Therapy

Shoutbox

Hormone Replacement Therapy Learn and discuss more on Testosterone Therapy and Hormone Replacement The role testosterone plays in maintaining youthful Testosterone Levels, alleviating depression, as well as inducing fat loss in those who are unable to reduce body weight regardless of diet and exercise.

Old 12-09-2016, 05:57 PM
Dlolson35 Dlolson35 Is Off Line
Worldclassbodybuilder

Dlolson35 has a reputation beyond reputeDlolson35 has a reputation beyond reputeDlolson35 has a reputation beyond reputeDlolson35 has a reputation beyond reputeDlolson35 has a reputation beyond reputeDlolson35 has a reputation beyond reputeDlolson35 has a reputation beyond reputeDlolson35 has a reputation beyond reputeDlolson35 has a reputation beyond reputeDlolson35 has a reputation beyond reputeDlolson35 has a reputation beyond repute
TRT over 50 yrs.

Would like to hear from the guys who are over 50 yrs. old and are on the prescribed doses their Drs. recommend for TRT. After training naturally for the past 15 yrs. I would be interested in hearing your views on training and gains to be had at these relatively low doses (150-200 mg per week). Do you feel that this amount is adequate for good maintenance and possibly adding to the existing muscle you now possess. I will be 55 in Feb. Yikes!
Get your liquid egg whites here at EGG WHITES INTERNATIONAL

Old 12-09-2016, 06:33 PM
Lumpy Moderator

Thanked 4,454 Times in 2,816 Posts
Glycomann has a reputation beyond reputeGlycomann has a reputation beyond reputeGlycomann has a reputation beyond reputeGlycomann has a reputation beyond reputeGlycomann has a reputation beyond reputeGlycomann has a reputation beyond reputeGlycomann has a reputation beyond reputeGlycomann has a reputation beyond reputeGlycomann has a reputation beyond reputeGlycomann has a reputation beyond reputeGlycomann has a reputation beyond repute
Do you have a history of AAS use and how long has it been since you used if so? I am 55 and on TRT. Maybe I can help if I know more of the picture.
Old 12-09-2016, 08:02 PM
Worldclassbodybuilder

Dlolson35 has a reputation beyond reputeDlolson35 has a reputation beyond reputeDlolson35 has a reputation beyond reputeDlolson35 has a reputation beyond reputeDlolson35 has a reputation beyond reputeDlolson35 has a reputation beyond reputeDlolson35 has a reputation beyond reputeDlolson35 has a reputation beyond reputeDlolson35 has a reputation beyond reputeDlolson35 has a reputation beyond reputeDlolson35 has a reputation beyond repute
I have used in the past prior to age 40. My cycles were always fairly moderate, 600mgs./w. Usually consisting of Sus250 or Test cyp with 25-30 mg of oral D-bol daily.would not start the D-bol till week 3 and my longest run was 10wks. Average was 8wks and I would do these cycles once a year unless I competed then I'd run 2 cycles with approximately 8 wks clean in-between. Always used HCG at 500 ius every 3 days for approx. 2 wks after discontinuing aas and also novaldex at 20mg starting about halfway thru the HCG treatment. Would also use clomid if any was to be had. This was back in the late 80s and 90s mostly. Total cycles maybe 10 over about 12 yrs? Nothing after I turned 40 not because I didn't want to but more to the fact of the unavailability.
Old 12-09-2016, 09:25 PM
EXTINCT

Thanked 1,361 Times in 992 Posts
DaSarge has a reputation beyond reputeDaSarge has a reputation beyond reputeDaSarge has a reputation beyond reputeDaSarge has a reputation beyond reputeDaSarge has a reputation beyond reputeDaSarge has a reputation beyond reputeDaSarge has a reputation beyond reputeDaSarge has a reputation beyond reputeDaSarge has a reputation beyond reputeDaSarge has a reputation beyond reputeDaSarge has a reputation beyond repute
I'm 54 and on TRT plus (the "plus" is usually low dose of whatever I'm in the mood for and can still tolerate...In other words, no Tren, Anadrol, and/or things that will elevate my BP and/or make me feel like sh*t.)
Anyway...You can definitely maintain on higher end TRT type dosages, but I don't think you can really gain much. To gain I think you'd have to up the dosage and/or go the "plus" route...Then again, that's just my humble opinion, and Glycomann will probably have some much better advice for you...Seriously...He's more analytical and smarter than me...
Old 12-09-2016, 09:28 PM
Warhead14

I use 15mg Test E every other day. Keeps my test level at about 800. Thats fine for me. I use no AI's
Old 12-10-2016, 07:20 AM
TommyD TommyD Is Off Line
Community Veteran

Thanked 1,278 Times in 1,031 Posts
TommyD has a reputation beyond reputeTommyD has a reputation beyond reputeTommyD has a reputation beyond reputeTommyD has a reputation beyond reputeTommyD has a reputation beyond reputeTommyD has a reputation beyond reputeTommyD has a reputation beyond reputeTommyD has a reputation beyond reputeTommyD has a reputation beyond reputeTommyD has a reputation beyond reputeTommyD has a reputation beyond repute
I've been on medicaly prescribed TRT fof a number of years, currently 1 1/2 tubes of Testim a day and just had bloodwork done for my Endo. All my numbers are within the low limits of the ranges......barely. I am upping my test another 150 mg/week.

I am still in decent shape, thanks to a low carb diet and decent training. Even at low doses my mood is good and sex drive is high, ask the wife. I feel great and look good, not bad for a man turning 60 tomorrow, people think I am much younger and I sure don't feel my age, attitude wise, but my body is paying the price of a lifelong attitude of trying to use it up before I have to give it back.
Old 12-10-2016, 07:31 AM
Lumpy Moderator

Glycomann has a reputation beyond reputeGlycomann has a reputation beyond reputeGlycomann has a reputation beyond reputeGlycomann has a reputation beyond reputeGlycomann has a reputation beyond reputeGlycomann has a reputation beyond reputeGlycomann has a reputation beyond reputeGlycomann has a reputation beyond reputeGlycomann has a reputation beyond reputeGlycomann has a reputation beyond reputeGlycomann has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dlolson35 View Post
I have used in the past prior to age 40. My cycles were always fairly moderate, 600mgs./w. Usually consisting of Sus250 or Test cyp with 25-30 mg of oral D-bol daily.would not start the D-bol till week 3 and my longest run was 10wks. Average was 8wks and I would do these cycles once a year unless I competed then I'd run 2 cycles with approximately 8 wks clean in-between. Always used HCG at 500 ius every 3 days for approx. 2 wks after discontinuing aas and also novaldex at 20mg starting about halfway thru the HCG treatment. Would also use clomid if any was to be had. This was back in the late 80s and 90s mostly. Total cycles maybe 10 over about 12 yrs? Nothing after I turned 40 not because I didn't want to but more to the fact of the unavailability.
First of all, I think your Pct was pretty advanced for the late 80s. The shorter cycles and lower end dosing probably saved your HPTA from severe suppression. I think people from our era, a lot of us that were modereate. probably made out better recovery wise than some of the guys today that dose really really high and stay on for long long periods. I had taken 10 years off and had recovered just fine. Then started cycling again at 46 and eventually added in GHRP-2. Frankly I think it slowed the aging process pretty dramatically. I didn't need TRT until 53 when recovery was taking a long ass time.

TRT at the proper dose pretty much puts you in a pace where you can make slow steady gains but in a range you would as a natural trainer. Diet and rest becomes even more important. The gains fall away fast if you get out of sync with training and diet. It's definitely better than being hypogonadal. Hypogonaday is like being in a perpetual crash. Fat accumulates easily, brain fog is the norm. Gains are rare. Diet and training have to be nearly perfect to look or resemble what you feel you should.

Most of us older guys add in a couple light cycles a year. I would say it's more mature cycleing than younger years. Compounds are limited to berad and butter ones with lower end toxicity. Trenbolones, Anadrol, Dianabol, Halotestin, exotics, all that fun stuff are pretty much out. I still microdose tren every once in a great while and I am talking microdose subQ 20-30 mg 5 days a week range. Winstrol is probably out since it kills HDL and makes the points hurt.

Most of us limit compounds to Test, Primobolan, Masteron, Anavar, and possibly limited use of Equipoise and nandrolones.

Primobolan: is probably the lowest side effect injectable oil out there. In my experience it is not as hard to find decent Primo than is believed. I have tested a whole bunch and the analysis comes back fine in most cases. Primo at 300-400 mg/w on top of 200 mg test is a decent cycle for me. Add in Anavar and you have a very nice cycle.

Masteron: is a little bit androgenic. It can make the hair fall out and aggravate the prostate but in lower end dosing and limited duration it can be a good drug. It can also make the skin a little oily if you have that tendency. It really fills in the muscles and adds sex drive. 300-400 mg/w works for me.

Anavar: is probably the most mild oral anabolic concerning side effects. 30-50 mg/d works for me. I've done it just with TRT dose test and it makes a pretty dramatic difference. Added into a more progressive cycle is great for adding more anabolic with no significant added side effects.

Equipoise: is a funny drug. Some people seem to get little from it whereas some seen to respond well to it. Especially in older men, it can raise red cells to dangerous levels so limited time on it is best and monitoring the hematocrit and red cell values is important. Giving blood before use is a good idea. In fact giving blood before any cycling is a good idea to get the red cells in the normal range. For most TRT folks giving blood twice a year (or 3-4 depending) is a good idea.Most AAS raise red cell numbers. Once the hematocrite gets above 53% cells or so stroke, high BP and other things can be at increased risk. A good thing about EQ is that it can aid in joint pain relief. EQ works well for me at 400-600 mg/w but for short duration. No more than 8 weeks.

Nandrolones, phenylpropionare and decanoate: These are great for joint pain relief. They are antiinflammatory. Also are very anabolic. The drawback is that they can lead to long lasting erectile dysfunction and/or difficulty to climax. Personally I have not used these is some years. I like to have sex with my woman. Wish I didn't have the sexual sides with this because it is great for joint pain relief. Even at 200 mg/w it is good in this regard. I would use it no more than once a year for 8 weeks if I was to use it again. 200 - 400 mg/w is a good range.

I think most of us over 50 that still dabble in AAS over TRT doses limit use to periods where we can actually maximize their impact like during periods where travel and high workload at the job are limited. Periods where focus on diet training and rest can be maximized. Many of us at 50s are focused on that last 15-20 year push before retirement to maximize income and standing to ensure a better retirement or at least a more comfortable senior years existence. So cycling becomes a sort of focused rejuvenation period of a few. 3-4 months a year as a health giving sort of activity/period(s).

Hope this helps.
Big B (12-10-2016), cockswole_gentlemen (12-11-2016), DaSarge (12-10-2016), team631 (12-12-2016), TommyD (12-10-2016)
Old 12-10-2016, 07:57 AM
Warhead14

I was thinking of adding 10mgs of Tren P to my EOD Inject of Test E for 8 weeks. What do you think Glyco? Would that be easy on me as far as sides go? Or would it even be worth it at all?
Old 12-10-2016, 08:07 AM
Worldclassbodybuilder

That was, as usual, an excellent overview Glycoman. Thanks for your time. And also thanks to the others who contributed. Another question, I usually have one! TRT protocols, are they designed by the treating physician as a temporary means of elevating one's levels or are they intended for the long haul? It seems that most patients on this type of therapy come off the low dose regime from time to time as a way recover their pre treatment HPTA. Do I have that right? If so, isn't the treatment itself considered the more natural for aging men? I guess I'm trying to say wouldn't one want to continually stay on and even increase the dose slightly every year so as to stay ahead of the natural decline we are ultimately trying to negate? Does that make sense at all? Told you I always have more questions?
Old 12-10-2016, 12:17 PM
Lumpy Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dlolson35 View Post
That was, as usual, an excellent overview Glycoman. Thanks for your time. And also thanks to the others who contributed. Another question, I usually have one! TRT protocols, are they designed by the treating physician as a temporary means of elevating one's levels or are they intended for the long haul? It seems that most patients on this type of therapy come off the low dose regime from time to time as a way recover their pre treatment HPTA. Do I have that right? If so, isn't the treatment itself considered the more natural for aging men? I guess I'm trying to say wouldn't one want to continually stay on and even increase the dose slightly every year so as to stay ahead of the natural decline we are ultimately trying to negate? Does that make sense at all? Told you I always have more questions?
A true TRT is for the long haul. A physician will set you up and get you on a dosing schedule and test your levels to dial it into the upper 1/4 of normal range. the3n eventually 2x a year bloodwork to check everything including hormone levels. Red cells can go up and prostate can change. sometimes the doc will have you lower the dose if there are problems. Once in a while a doc might take a patient off TRT if side effects are a problem like BP issues or high hematocrit or other issues. A lot f us come off from time to time because after a while you can't really feel it anymore, which just means your adapted. It's still working and you can adapt to training like a normal person. Upping it makes side effects worse over time. Eventually you will probably get sides that could be dangerous over time if you periodically increase the dose. instead what a lot of us do is periodic cycles and a little time completely off a year.
Darkness (12-10-2016), team631 (12-12-2016)