World Class Bodybuilding   Forum

BulkSupplements Egg Whites International A1Supplements.com i-Supplements Strength.com VitaSprings Myprotein Beyondsupplements
Go Back   World Class Bodybuilding Forum > Anabolic Steroid Discussion > Hormone Replacement Therapy

Shoutbox

Hormone Replacement Therapy Learn and discuss more on Testosterone Therapy and Hormone Replacement The role testosterone plays in maintaining youthful Testosterone Levels, alleviating depression, as well as inducing fat loss in those who are unable to reduce body weight regardless of diet and exercise.

Old 01-17-2018, 03:00 PM

Thanked 3,403 Times in 2,718 Posts
A1food4u has a reputation beyond reputeA1food4u has a reputation beyond reputeA1food4u has a reputation beyond reputeA1food4u has a reputation beyond reputeA1food4u has a reputation beyond reputeA1food4u has a reputation beyond reputeA1food4u has a reputation beyond reputeA1food4u has a reputation beyond reputeA1food4u has a reputation beyond reputeA1food4u has a reputation beyond reputeA1food4u has a reputation beyond repute
Estrodiol Question from the wifey

Hey guys, can't seem to find a definitive answer on line. Wifey was prescribed estradiol? cream to help moderate her "change"

While it has helped with her flashes and mood swings, she has gained weight steadily while following the same diet/exercise regimen that had her losing weight last year.

I am wondering the half life of the cream after absorption. We are hoping to find the "sweet spot" where her menopause associative sides are minimized while controlling the level of estrogen present. She went off the cream cold turkey on Friday of last week. So far no return of her negative side effects but she has lost 5#. her weight was stable over the weekend but is now dropping off unusually fast. It has to be associated with the cream, right? again, without change to her diet or exercise

She was taking 2g eod for two weeks then 1 gram eod since.

Our plan is to clean her system then ramp up from .2g eod...

Any Ideas? Thought?

Old 01-17-2018, 05:54 PM

Thanked 1,181 Times in 885 Posts
liftsiron has a reputation beyond reputeliftsiron has a reputation beyond reputeliftsiron has a reputation beyond reputeliftsiron has a reputation beyond reputeliftsiron has a reputation beyond reputeliftsiron has a reputation beyond reputeliftsiron has a reputation beyond reputeliftsiron has a reputation beyond reputeliftsiron has a reputation beyond reputeliftsiron has a reputation beyond reputeliftsiron has a reputation beyond repute
Your right not much out there. This may help.

Gynecol Obstet Invest. 1998;45(1):45-8.
Half-life of estradiol in postmenopausal women.
Ginsburg ES1, Gao X, Shea BF, Barbieri RL.
Author information
Abstract

Estrogen replacement is often advised for postmenopausal women to prevent menopausal symptoms, osteoporosis and heart disease. However, little information is available concerning the half-life of estradiol (E2) in postmenopausal women. This study was designed to determine the half-life and metabolism of transdermal E2. A prospective clinical study of 8 healthy postmenopausal women was performed in the Clinical Research Center of the Brigham and Women's Hospital. A transdermal E2 patch 0.10 mg was placed on the abdominal wall. Thirteen hours later, after an overnight fast, the E2 patch was removed and frequent blood sampling was performed over 6 h. Serum samples were assayed for E2, estrone (E1) and estrone sulfate (E1S). Serum samples were taken before E2 patch placement, for 30 min before patch removal, and for 6 h after patch removal. The basal E2 level of women prior to use of transdermal E2 was 19 +/- 2 pg/ml (mean +/- SE). Thirteen hours after transdermal E2 placement, steady state levels had been reached, with a mean E2 of 112 +/- 6 pg/ml. The mean half-life of E2 after removal of transdermal E2 was 161 min (range 107-221 min). There was a direct relationship between the subjects' weight and the half-life of E2 (r = 0.79, p = 0.02). Mean basal E1 levels were 23 +/- 5 pg/ml and mean E1 steady-state levels after E2 patch placement were 39 +/- 0.6 pg/ml. E1S levels rose from mean basal levels of 1.5 +/- 0.3 ng/ml to mean steady-state levels of 3.1 +/- 0.1 ng/ml after placement of the E2 patch. The apparent half-life of E2 after discontinuing a transdermal E2 patch is 2.7 h or 161 min.

PMID:

[Indexed for MEDLINE]
A1food4u (01-17-2018)
Old 01-17-2018, 07:11 PM

A1food4u has a reputation beyond reputeA1food4u has a reputation beyond reputeA1food4u has a reputation beyond reputeA1food4u has a reputation beyond reputeA1food4u has a reputation beyond reputeA1food4u has a reputation beyond reputeA1food4u has a reputation beyond reputeA1food4u has a reputation beyond reputeA1food4u has a reputation beyond reputeA1food4u has a reputation beyond reputeA1food4u has a reputation beyond repute
Thanks Lifts!!

that would seem to confirm that she had cleared all of her Thursday night dosage easily by sunday. I'm making a big assumption that an inserted cream behaves the same as the patch.
Old 01-17-2018, 07:17 PM
Lumpy Moderator

Thanked 4,453 Times in 2,816 Posts
Glycomann has a reputation beyond reputeGlycomann has a reputation beyond reputeGlycomann has a reputation beyond reputeGlycomann has a reputation beyond reputeGlycomann has a reputation beyond reputeGlycomann has a reputation beyond reputeGlycomann has a reputation beyond reputeGlycomann has a reputation beyond reputeGlycomann has a reputation beyond reputeGlycomann has a reputation beyond reputeGlycomann has a reputation beyond repute
I think some of the more enlightened HRT clinics do blends that are better tolerated. I think they blend progesteron estrogens and DHEA and a little testosterone. You'd have to look into it. I think Darkness might have some information.
A1food4u (01-17-2018)
Old 01-17-2018, 07:29 PM

Thanks Glyco!

I've been telling her to see someone else, that her general practitioner is ready to retire, is set in his ways and may not be "up" on all there is to offer on the subject. All I know is she was really happy this morning and I'd like to keep her that way...lol
Old 01-18-2018, 04:42 AM
Community Veteran

Thanked 1,631 Times in 1,354 Posts
trip has a reputation beyond reputetrip has a reputation beyond reputetrip has a reputation beyond reputetrip has a reputation beyond reputetrip has a reputation beyond reputetrip has a reputation beyond reputetrip has a reputation beyond reputetrip has a reputation beyond reputetrip has a reputation beyond reputetrip has a reputation beyond reputetrip has a reputation beyond repute
ditto glycol
The Following User Says Thank You to trip For This Useful Post:
A1food4u (01-20-2018)
Old 01-22-2018, 11:36 AM

ok... sat the hot flashes came back... so far she has decided to live with them. she is now down 8 pounds since dropping off the estradiol.

another odd note, I'm getting all I want. is this from a uptick in test because she dropped the estrogen? weird....
Old 01-22-2018, 02:12 PM

Thanked 1,855 Times in 1,371 Posts
Darkness has a reputation beyond reputeDarkness has a reputation beyond reputeDarkness has a reputation beyond reputeDarkness has a reputation beyond reputeDarkness has a reputation beyond reputeDarkness has a reputation beyond reputeDarkness has a reputation beyond reputeDarkness has a reputation beyond reputeDarkness has a reputation beyond reputeDarkness has a reputation beyond reputeDarkness has a reputation beyond repute
So yea I've never been a woman. All I know is what my Doc taught me. And depending on blood work, Doc does full hormone replacement like G said. I know of a woman that has a cream with everything in it: estrogen, progesterone, testosterone, and dhea. Another one has estrogen with no progesterone with test and dhea. My wife has no cream; her cocktail is oral progesterone, oral dhea, and since she's on oral oxandrolone for a seperate condition, the testosterone is not necessary. Right now she doesn't need estrogen.

But notice in all of the cocktails Doc has dhea in there along with either a very small amount of test or in one case ixandrolone. This attempts to provide a youthful hormone pattern of all the goodies women need. I think if you artificially create estrogen dominance you get what estrogen dominance brings, which is excessive water retention and weight gain. If you put any of those other four hormones too high you'll get the same general reaction to the woman'a mass.
The Following User Says Thank You to Darkness For This Useful Post:
A1food4u (01-22-2018)
Old 01-23-2018, 11:02 AM

I shared your comments with her friend, trying to convince her that the 60 year old OBGYN dude needs to be switched...