World Class Bodybuilding   Forum

BulkSupplements Egg Whites International A1Supplements.com i-Supplements HideMyAss
Go Back   World Class Bodybuilding Forum > Diet and Nutrition > Product Reviews

Shoutbox

Old 01-29-2015, 08:48 AM
Ashman1970 Ashman1970 Is Off Line
Hi! I'm New Here!

Ashman1970 is on a distinguished road
L-arginine

I was wondering , can anyone take the supplement L-Arginine?
Get your liquid egg whites here at EGG WHITES INTERNATIONAL

Old 01-29-2015, 12:16 PM

Thanked 3,175 Times in 2,516 Posts
A1food4u has a reputation beyond reputeA1food4u has a reputation beyond reputeA1food4u has a reputation beyond reputeA1food4u has a reputation beyond reputeA1food4u has a reputation beyond reputeA1food4u has a reputation beyond reputeA1food4u has a reputation beyond reputeA1food4u has a reputation beyond reputeA1food4u has a reputation beyond reputeA1food4u has a reputation beyond reputeA1food4u has a reputation beyond repute
its a basic amino acid, there shouldn't be a problem unless take MASSIVE quantities
Old 02-01-2015, 01:35 PM
jipped genes jipped genes Is Off Line

Thanked 2,523 Times in 1,911 Posts
jipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond repute
i take 5 grams each of l arginine and ornithine at night and after training

here is a pub med article. the raw powders are really cheap by the kilo and last a long time. they help my recovery and are said to raise GH levels

splay Settings:AbstractSend to:
J Sports Med Phys Fitness. 1989 Mar;29(1):52-6.
Effects of arginine and ornithine on strength, lean body mass and urinary hydroxyproline in adult males.
Elam RP, Hardin DH, Sutton RA, Hagen L.
Abstract
Twenty-two adult males participated in a 5 week progressive strength training program. One half the subjects received the amino acids L-arginine and L-ornithine and the other half, a placebo. The study used a double blind protocol so that subjects as well as investigators had no knowledge of which substances were being administered. Dosages amounted to 2 grams or 1 gram each of L-arginine and L-ornithine, and 600 mg of calcium and 1 gram of Vitamin C as placebos. These supplements were taken orally for a total of 25 administrations. Following the short term strength program using progressively high intensities, tests were taken for total strength (TS), lean body mass (LBM) and urinary hydroxyproline (UH). The results from ANOVA showed that subjects who were taking the arginine-ornithine combination scored significantly higher in TS and LBM (p less than .05), and significantly lower in UH (p less than .05), than subjects on placebos. It was concluded that arginine and ornithine taken in prescribed doses can, in conjunction with a high intensity strength training program, increase TS and LBM in a relatively short period of time. Arginine and ornithine also aid in recovery from chronic stress by quelling tissue breakdown as evidenced by lower UH levels.

--Thomas Jefferson

if ignorance is bliss than i am very blessed.

Tact is for people who are not witty enough to use sarcasm.

“Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around the laws.”
Plato
Old 08-24-2016, 12:04 PM
GoldMedalSupplements GoldMedalSupplements Is Off Line
Worldclassbodybuilder

GoldMedalSupplements has a brilliant futureGoldMedalSupplements has a brilliant futureGoldMedalSupplements has a brilliant futureGoldMedalSupplements has a brilliant futureGoldMedalSupplements has a brilliant futureGoldMedalSupplements has a brilliant futureGoldMedalSupplements has a brilliant futureGoldMedalSupplements has a brilliant futureGoldMedalSupplements has a brilliant futureGoldMedalSupplements has a brilliant futureGoldMedalSupplements has a brilliant future
L-Argine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashman1970 View Post
I was wondering , can anyone take the supplement L-Arginine?
For the most part, the answer would be yes... but there may be a couple reasons why one might want to watch their intake of L-Arginine, the most prominent one of which that comes to mind would be if you had the herpes virus.

L-Arginine exacerbates herpes and can cause outbreaks or make outbreaks even worse. So, if you do have herpes, and you are hell-bent on wanting to take L-Arginine, it would be advized to take an equal amount of L-Lysine with the L-Arginine as it cancels out the harmful effects that L-Arginine has on the herpes virus.

Actually, there is evidence that when these two aminos are used together they compliment each other's effects...so, if you are taking L-Arginine, it is probably better to take L-Lysine with it no matter what...for best results!

If you want a real muscle building power-packed combination of amino's... try Ornithine, Arginine and Lysine together.

I guarantee you will see results you've never seen before!

Last edited by GoldMedalSupplements; 08-24-2016 at 12:06 PM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GoldMedalSupplements For This Useful Post:
A1food4u (08-24-2016), chicken_hawk (08-28-2016)
Old 08-24-2016, 08:17 PM
Administrator

Thanked 2,030 Times in 1,563 Posts
MR. BMJ has a reputation beyond reputeMR. BMJ has a reputation beyond reputeMR. BMJ has a reputation beyond reputeMR. BMJ has a reputation beyond reputeMR. BMJ has a reputation beyond reputeMR. BMJ has a reputation beyond reputeMR. BMJ has a reputation beyond reputeMR. BMJ has a reputation beyond reputeMR. BMJ has a reputation beyond reputeMR. BMJ has a reputation beyond reputeMR. BMJ has a reputation beyond repute
I have to be careful with Arginine due to getting throat and nose cold sores (got from the member player here at WCBB) as stated above. Lysine does help though.
Old 08-25-2016, 08:24 AM
jipped genes jipped genes Is Off Line

Thanked 2,523 Times in 1,911 Posts
jipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond reputejipped genes has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldMedalSupplements View Post
If you want a real muscle building power-packed combination of amino's... try Ornithine, Arginine and Lysine together.

I guarantee you will see results you've never seen before!
what does the lysine do? I do not get the herp or anything. never heard of lysine as a muscle builder but it is wicked cheap so I will try it.

--Thomas Jefferson

if ignorance is bliss than i am very blessed.

Tact is for people who are not witty enough to use sarcasm.

“Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around the laws.”
Plato
Old 08-27-2016, 01:33 PM
GoldMedalSupplements GoldMedalSupplements Is Off Line
Worldclassbodybuilder

GoldMedalSupplements has a brilliant futureGoldMedalSupplements has a brilliant futureGoldMedalSupplements has a brilliant futureGoldMedalSupplements has a brilliant futureGoldMedalSupplements has a brilliant futureGoldMedalSupplements has a brilliant futureGoldMedalSupplements has a brilliant futureGoldMedalSupplements has a brilliant futureGoldMedalSupplements has a brilliant futureGoldMedalSupplements has a brilliant futureGoldMedalSupplements has a brilliant future
L-Lysine works best for muscle building when combined with L-Arginine.

There is a synergy between these 2 amino acids that when taken together they give their best results... by itself, L-Lysine does not exert too much of an anabolic bump... but combined with L-Argnine it can significantly increase growth hormone levels from 2 all the way up to 8 times baseline levels.

Best kinds to use for best results are:

Arginine Pyroglutamate

and

L-Lysine Hydrochloride

... but regular L-Arginine HCL and L-Lysine HCL work too, just not as well.

My store does not openly sell Arginine Pyroglutamate and L-Lysine Hydrochloride, but we do have them in stock as they are used in certain products we make for "special order" customers.

We have customers that swear by these two supplements when used together!