World Class Bodybuilding   Forum

BulkSupplements Egg Whites International A1Supplements.com i-Supplements HideMyAss
Go Back   World Class Bodybuilding Forum > Diet and Nutrition > Product Reviews

Shoutbox

Old 05-01-2015, 12:37 PM

Thanked 3,150 Times in 2,502 Posts
A1food4u has a reputation beyond reputeA1food4u has a reputation beyond reputeA1food4u has a reputation beyond reputeA1food4u has a reputation beyond reputeA1food4u has a reputation beyond reputeA1food4u has a reputation beyond reputeA1food4u has a reputation beyond reputeA1food4u has a reputation beyond reputeA1food4u has a reputation beyond reputeA1food4u has a reputation beyond reputeA1food4u has a reputation beyond repute
SNS Focus XT (no stim)

Hello all,

was having a "slow" period in the training, could be that I'm in between. Work has been grindy, and that's rough cause I usually love my career. Was looking for a boost, but at my age with wanting to keep BP under wraps I don't want a stimulant based pre work out....enter Joe from TGB who is sponsoring this experiment...

The product arrived very quickly, packaged well, the pack itself is hard to read with old eyes, very small print covering a lot of information....

The product has a pleasant taste (cotton candy) with an acidic finish, mixes ok, little residual at the bottom of glass and floaty white bits that cling to glass itself. A quick rinse and gulp fixed both, as this is day one I will attempt to mix it better.

the product promises . . .

•Improved Mental Focus, Concentration, Clarity, and Alertness
•Improved Mental Performance, Memory, & Cognitive Function
•Maximized Energy Levels
•Improved Stress Levels
•Improved Athletic Endurance, Drive, and Motivation
•Improved Ability to Train More Intensely for Longer Periods of Time
•Improved Sense of Well Being
•Pre-Workout or Pre-Athletic Energy and Focus
•Improved Mind-Muscle Connection
•Combating Overtraining Syndrome
•Increased Fat Burning During Exercise
•Caffeine Free

I will post opening weight and BF numbers and log them every Saturday for the 30 days. I will leave work outs and diet unchanged so that any changes can be attributed to the focus XT. If the product works as claimed I should see better work outs with more intensity, I should get through the office drudgery without malaise, get through more of the work, have energy reserve when I get home, and drop some BF.... a tall set of claims for sure but I have hope it will get me through a traditionally tough month at work......

Old 05-01-2015, 02:03 PM
-TE- -TE- Is Off Line
Pimpin ain't easy

Thanked 1,932 Times in 1,424 Posts
-TE- has a reputation beyond repute-TE- has a reputation beyond repute-TE- has a reputation beyond repute-TE- has a reputation beyond repute-TE- has a reputation beyond repute-TE- has a reputation beyond repute-TE- has a reputation beyond repute-TE- has a reputation beyond repute-TE- has a reputation beyond repute-TE- has a reputation beyond repute-TE- has a reputation beyond repute
def following this one
Old 05-01-2015, 05:09 PM
Community Veteran

BUBBA289 has a reputation beyond reputeBUBBA289 has a reputation beyond reputeBUBBA289 has a reputation beyond reputeBUBBA289 has a reputation beyond reputeBUBBA289 has a reputation beyond reputeBUBBA289 has a reputation beyond reputeBUBBA289 has a reputation beyond reputeBUBBA289 has a reputation beyond reputeBUBBA289 has a reputation beyond reputeBUBBA289 has a reputation beyond reputeBUBBA289 has a reputation beyond repute
You should post up the ingredient list. I've tried several of these types of supplements in the past and would consider trying some others. I've had good luck with alpha brain from Onnit, but it's gets pretty expensive to use it every day, especially if you're doing a morning dose and a mid-afternoon dose.
Old 05-01-2015, 05:35 PM

A1food4u has a reputation beyond reputeA1food4u has a reputation beyond reputeA1food4u has a reputation beyond reputeA1food4u has a reputation beyond reputeA1food4u has a reputation beyond reputeA1food4u has a reputation beyond reputeA1food4u has a reputation beyond reputeA1food4u has a reputation beyond reputeA1food4u has a reputation beyond reputeA1food4u has a reputation beyond reputeA1food4u has a reputation beyond repute
I'll look it up Bubba, this one says one scoop per day, should be 30 days in the container.
Old 05-01-2015, 05:37 PM

rk3qkn.jpg
Old 05-01-2015, 05:38 PM

well that didn't work
Old 05-01-2015, 05:40 PM

damn again
Old 05-01-2015, 05:43 PM

The ingredients included in SNS Focus XT are a solid representation of the most popular natural nootropics currently available. There are a number of proven Nootropics and other substances that even help to potentiate the Nootropic-like effects. Despite the fact that the manufacturer does not list how much of each ingredient is included, it seems reasonable to assume that they are effective amounts, considering the serving size is fairly large. One downside is that there are no Racetams or more powerful nootropic in this stack. That is why you might want to use Focus XT along with a compound like Piracetam, Noopept or Aniracetam.

focus xt ingredientsCholine Bitartrate: This is a type of choline source that is known to be very affordable. Despite this being one of the least concentrated choices of choline supplements, it does synergize well with several of the other ingredients included (most notably, the Huperzine). It acts as a precursor to the powerful neurotransmitter Acetylcholine, which plays a major role in a number of cognitive functions including learning and memory.

Huperzine A: Huperzine is an inhibitor of Acetylcholine breakdown within the brain. This simply means that it works to stop the deterioration of this neurotransmitter. In other words, as the other sources of choline in this formulation increase the acetylcholine levels within the brain, Huperzine ensures that these levels will be maintained, increasing memory, learning, and levels of nerve growth factor.

Vinpocetine: As a supplement, the main job of Vinpocetine is to increase blood flow to the brain. This also helps to act as a neuroprotectant and improve learning and memory. With increased blood flow comes increased oxygenation which also leads to new abundance of energy and higher levels of alertness.

L-Tyrosine: L-Tyrosine is an essential amino acid and a precursor to the important neurotransmitters Dopamine and Norepinephrine. It has also been shown to help improve overall cognitive performance and even reduce the effects of stress and fatigue.

Acetyl-L-Carnitine: ALCAR is a supplement that has a lot of overall health benefits, but it also has a less-documented nootropic effect. ALCAR increases acetylcholine production it acts as a potent anti-oxidant. In this regard it helps to protect against free radicals doing damage within the brain which may slow down signs of aging. The main function of ALCAR is the transport of fatty acids to the mitochondria and it is commonly used in weight loss supplements.

DMAE: This is an organic substance that is quite similar to choline. It is capable of easily crossing the blood-brain barrier and is fast-acting. Although it acts in a slightly different way than choline, it is also a precursor to Acetylcholine and actually works very well in conjunction with the Huperzine A. DMAE has been shown to improve synaptic plasticity and mood.
Old 05-02-2015, 10:06 AM
Community Veteran

BUBBA289 has a reputation beyond reputeBUBBA289 has a reputation beyond reputeBUBBA289 has a reputation beyond reputeBUBBA289 has a reputation beyond reputeBUBBA289 has a reputation beyond reputeBUBBA289 has a reputation beyond reputeBUBBA289 has a reputation beyond reputeBUBBA289 has a reputation beyond reputeBUBBA289 has a reputation beyond reputeBUBBA289 has a reputation beyond reputeBUBBA289 has a reputation beyond repute
Haha that's pretty funny. I must not be a bad researcher. I have been mixing up my own pre-WO lately and it includes all of those with the exception of DMAE.
The Following User Says Thank You to BUBBA289 For This Useful Post:
joe1313 (05-02-2015)
Old 05-02-2015, 02:26 PM

awesome mixology Bubba!

Day 1 weigh in....

210.8 # BF 14.1 (caliper) BP 128/78 BP +2 hr 132/82 (even without the caffeine an increase)

Work out went as planned, nothing to report. Unlike stim based pre workouts that I have tried I have no buzzy feeling, no antsiness, I think it was 45 min after ingesting that I felt different, can't really name the effect, I guess I'd call it "awareness" of what I was doing, I think my form may have improved, at any rate I was more aware of rocking.
joe1313 (05-02-2015)